• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Even Meltz had one

we have numerous daily updates on the Wrestling Observer Hotline (900-903-9030/99 cents per minute/children under 18 need parents permission before calling). I'm on option one. Bruce Mitchell is on option two. Steve Beverly (Tuesday through Saturday) and Georgiann Makropolous (Sunday and Monday) are on option three. Bryan Alvarez is on option four. Steven Prazak (Thursday through Sunday) and Mike Mooneyham (Monday through Wednesday) share option five.

New message schedule: Monday--Meltzer on one, Mooneyham on five; Tuesday--Meltzer on one (5 p.m. Eastern time update with weekend TV ratings), Mitchell on two (Raw report), Beverly on three, Alvarez on four (Nitro report); Wednesday--Meltzer on one, Alvarez on four (Raw taping report every other week); Thursday--Mitchell on two, Prazak on five; Friday--Meltzer on one; Saturday--Mitchell on two, Beverly on three; Sunday--Makropolous on three, Alvarez on four.

For PPV coverage, I'm on option seven approximately 20 minutes after the completion of the show and there are option eight reports up later that evening to get a different perspective. On option seven, we immediately run down the major angles and results before getting into the details of the show.

Fox318

I have no idea why Meltzer covers MMA and Wrestling at the same time its pretty random when you think about it
Because there is actually money and 1000% more respect in covering mma instead of fake sports.

I mean people Still remind people of wrestling is fake and outaide of what the wwe pays for nobody is covering wrestling unless it's a drug death.

I have no idea why Meltzer covers MMA and Wrestling at the same time its pretty random when you think about it

UWF and other shoot style feds that were precursors to Pancrase, Pride, and other Japanese MMA promotions grew out of pro wrestling. I mean, plus it's not like there aren't connections between MMA booking and wrestling booking - internally, Joe Silva, UFC's matchmaker has referred to big shows they're leading up to as Starrcade.

Also, throw in the fact that Meltzer has stated that for all the people who complain about the MMA content in the Observer, far more people let him know they subscribe to the Observer either totally or largely for the MMA news.

Those hotlines must have made a lot of money
10K for the death of flair lol
Are we speculating on 19 year old scoops, brother ??
Damn right

My first guess would be Jeff Jarrett, but I honestly don't know.

Nah JJ was in the 4 horseman tag teaming with Mongo then
JJ didn't leave until October. He appeared and did a terrible worked shoot.

According to F4WOnline.com, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley is scheduled to return to WWE television in the coming weeks to set up some sort of storyline for an appearance at WrestleMania 32.

As noted, Foley is working with WWE to promote WrestleMania via the RAINN organization and his Dream Trip giveaway contest.

I don't think there's anything wrong with WO covering MMA, I just wish there were an easier way for me to find and to stick to the content that interests me, without having to wade through so much other stuff that I don't follow and have no real interest in.

I don't think there's anything wrong with WO covering MMA, I just wish there were an easier way for me to find and to stick to the content that interests me, without having to wade through so much other stuff that I don't follow and have no real interest in.

Honestly, it's not that hard - the night after a UFC or other big MMA news, unless something huge happens with wrestling, skip ahead 20-30 minutes in the podcast and go from there. Same thing for the day after RAW or such. If there's any MMA news, most of the time they do it at the end of the show. In the actual Observer, all the sections are noted. Simply hit page down a few more times.

Honestly, it's not that hard - the night after a UFC or other big MMA news, unless something huge happens with wrestling, skip ahead 20-30 minutes in the podcast and go from there. Same thing for the day after RAW or such. If there's any MMA news, most of the time they do it at the end of the show. In the actual Observer, all the sections are noted. Simply hit page down a few more times.

Ha, well—I mean that is pretty much what I do (though I wouldn't know when the night after a UFC is). That doesn't really work as well as a separate podcast would, though, because oftentimes Dave will kinda wing it and reshuffle subjects on the fly, or start finding tangents (which is the reason Bryan gives for not doing timestamps). I suspect Dave is just super strapped for time and it's probably best for everyone to just get him on and say "ok go," it's just the one detail that is a bit like a stone in my shoe.

Speaking of the observer, I love how they don't overschill their subscription deals on their podcasts. It's a breath of fresh air compared to Wade Keller on his podcasts . Jesus Christ, he sounds so desperate every time he does it.

Jamie OD

UWF and other shoot style feds that were precursors to Pancrase, Pride, and other Japanese MMA promotions grew out of pro wrestling. I mean, plus it's not like there aren't connections between MMA booking and wrestling booking - internally, Joe Silva, UFC's matchmaker has referred to big shows they're leading up to as Starrcade.

Also, throw in the fact that Meltzer has stated that for all the people who complain about the MMA content in the Observer, far more people let him know they subscribe to the Observer either totally or largely for the MMA news.

Also Meltzer's been covering UFC since the first show.

DMczaf

Speaking of the observer, I love how they don't overschill their subscription deals on their podcasts. It's a breath of fresh air compared to Wade Keller on his podcasts . Jesus Christ, he sounds so desperate every time he does it.

Meltzer lets his work do the talking.

I live and die by MELTZ!

Zach

JJ didn't leave until October. He appeared and did a terrible worked shoot.

Oh, I remember that segment. I just can't remember the timeline of everything.

That's what I should've done. Made a wrestling timeline of significant events. Of course, if I had done that, Jeff Jarrett would've never been mentioned anyway.

The thread during the Punk pipebomb when everybody thought the company was finally changing

That's as far as I'm going. Can't imagine how the reaction was months later when it finally ended with Nash/HHH in a pole match

holeup.png

history's purpose is to learn from your mistakes...

Top Bottom