• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

CcwwzovVIAEr52u.jpg

CcxNEJcUcAArr5z.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have no idea why Meltzer covers MMA and Wrestling at the same time its pretty random when you think about it

korly

I just finished watching NJ Cup Day One. Was pretty surprised to see Fale win! What do I need to go watch to see why Will Osprey is joining CHAOS? I'm watching his one match that's on NJPW World against Okada right now.

klonere

Banned
For all you nerds who like to talk about works and shoots, here's a match that starts as a work and very quickly becomes a shoot, sliding back to being a worked shoot and then finishing off as a work.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28dfc8_w-1-05-08-04-jun-akiyama-vs-katsuyori-shibata_sport

It's fucking BRUTAL and out of control. Almost hard to watch honestly.

jsKYpIb.gif

Oh and the amount of no selling is just unbelievable. Dragon Gate put to shame. Cornette would die watching it.

I just finished watching NJ Cup Day One. Was pretty surprised to see Fale win! What do I need to go watch to see why Will Osprey is joining CHAOS? I'm watching his one match that's on NJPW World against Okada right now.

PROGRESS has a trial: https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/706468894396063744

Will main events Chapter 20 vs Jimmy Havoc, 21 vs Mark Haskins, 22 vs Paul Robinson, 23 vs Mandrews and 25 vs Marty Scurll. All good bets.

The Okada match is what got Okada pushing for Ospreay to join Chaos. He also had another great match with Scurll here: https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/media/high-stakes-2016/39848

I just recently played WCW Nitro on PS1 and It does not hold up. But then I realized it was WCW Thunder that was the game that I rented when I was little not Nitro.

I have no idea why Meltzer covers MMA and Wrestling at the same time its pretty random when you think about it

They have a tendency to overorganize in some non-intuitive ways, and not organize enough in others. Kind of like how the podcasts all have non-descriptive titles and aren't divided according to subject, yet the board has mountains of granular subforums. The result is this tremendous content mound where you have to either accept you will miss a lot of info, or listen to / read tons of unrelated stuff.

korly

Just started watching NJ Cup Day Two. Does Jay White wrestle David Finlay on every single NJPW show, or does it just feel that way?

They have a tendency to overorganize in some non-intuitive ways, and not organize enough in others. Kind of like how the podcasts all have non-descriptive titles and aren't divided according to subject, yet the board has mountains of granular subforums. The result is this tremendous content mound where you have to either accept you will miss a lot of info, or listen to / read tons of unrelated stuff.

Their argument is that they are fundamentally the same thing; you have two people who are going to fight and if done well, you're going to want to see it, work or shoot.

My argument is that one is more like comic books and one is more like a war documentary. Yes, people are doing battle, but the delivery is completely different.

Top Bottom