• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Heroman

Banned
Speaking of the observer, I love how they don't overschill their subscription deals on their podcasts. It's a breath of fresh air compared to Wade Keller on his podcasts . Jesus Christ, he sounds so desperate every time he does it.

But Metlz barely does free podcast so there is no reason to shill while for wade he mostly does free podcast.

I go from WM21 Cena getting cheers to WM22 to fuck you Cena. What happen?

LMAO went to Gaf thread for Wrestlemania 22. Everyone wanted HHH to win
Dude, when Cena took that turn with the US title, that's when it was fuck him. He was getting staler and staler. Then it all fell down when they were building to make him the champion. Christ. That was a dark period. Batista and Cena as the future and we knew we'd put up with the trash for too long(look at it). As a kid, I was damn smart and prophetic with this shit. I saw a lot before it happened.
Triple H during that feud was damn hilarious.

Remember his hip hop dancing at the Backlash press conference (Yes, BACKLASH had a damn press conference)
press conferences? Wtf is that wwe don't give a damn about that anymore. You're taking me back to the good times. Hunter was the man during that period.

Oh, I remember that segment. I just can't remember the timeline of everything.

That's what I should've done. Made a wrestling timeline of significant events. Of course, if I had done that, Jeff Jarrett would've never been mentioned anyway.
I bet you wish you had that memory of an elephant like mine, eh?

Remember when Jeff Jarrett
Debuted? That's about it. Or left wwe for good
Anyone but Cena for the past decade.
Pretty much
never drew a dime?
Been holding true for 20+ years

tumblr_inline_o2zy4cFNrG1seo1wn_500.gif

rrc1594

Wow going through some old threads I'm shocked you guys are still here. LMAO

Dude, when Cena took that turn with the US title, that's when it was fuck him. He was getting staler and staler. Then it all fell down when they were building to make him the champion. Christ. That was a dark period. Batista and Cena as the future and we knew we'd put up with the trash for too long(look at it). As a kid, I was damn smart and prophetic with this shit. I saw a lot before it happened.
press conferences? Wtf is that wwe don't give a damn about that anymore. You're taking me back to the good times. Hunter was the man during that period.

It's funny this is around time I stop watching WWE as a kid. People I grew up with were just no longer there. Angle was on ECW and on his way out. I never liked Cena at all, when he beat HHH and Shawn back to back I was done. Didn't start watching again till 2010 or so.

The thread during the Punk pipebomb when everybody thought the company was finally changing

That's as far as I'm going. Can't imagine how the reaction was months later when it finally ended with Nash/HHH in a pole match
He just wanted to make things cool again!

I recall us all trying to figure out the most perplexing mystery of "who sent the text?!" in the thrilling Nash saga.

Cena's entrance when he did the Kage Bunshin was awesome.

If only he talked Edge and Show into submission then his ninja training would've been complete.

Wow going through some old threads I'm shocked you guys are still here. LMAO

It's funny this is around time I stop watching WWE as a kid. People I grew up with were just no longer there. Angle was on ECW and on his way out. I never liked Cena at all, when he beat HHH and Shawn back to back I was done. Didn't start watching again till 2010 or so.
You're not the only one actually, a lot of people I grew up with who were big fans started to phase out around 2005. I stayed in it because I wanted to do more than watch it. I also was still addicted and had some faith that things would get better. Yep. At least SD did somewhat of a good job making things feel good. But the business as a whole, I knew it was taking a terrible turn.

Zach

But what did you think of Paul ruining the Conan gimmick by holding a plastic water bottle

WM22-4.png

I can't believe you guys think any of Triple H's entrances are impressive. I mean, maybe they'd be fine if someone charismatic was doing them, but Triple H is just Jeff Jarrett with a fake moustache.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Triple H also pinned Hogan clean during Hogan's arguable ultimate power phase, 2002.

Triple H beats everyone so he is clearly the best wrestler in addition to being a sexy badass rebel

Mahonay

Banned
Russo's latest appearance on the Steve Austin podcast is pretty good. Russo really went into how WWE now writes RAW in way where the wrestlers don't react appropriately to things during the show that should directly apply to them. They don't act like people, just wrestlers going through the choreographed motions.

For me personally, it's what makes RAW unwatchable. The characters act like brain dead puppets...with clearly visible strings leading straight to Vince. RAW in it's current form is 3 hours of Vince jerking off in the mirror.

Top Bottom