• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Shiv47

hqdefault.jpg

Nutted but she still suckin

I have to say, I'm legit excited that Shane McMahon is back. He was one of my favorite wrestlers back in the day, specifically because he wasn't a wrestler, didn't have to wrestle, but chose to, and did some of the most insane shit I ever saw as a kid.

Teeth

The problem Nash had is the same problem Strowman would have if he picked up using the powerbomb: He's too damn tall.

With tall guys, if they don't release the powerbomb early, their opponent keeps rotating and lands on their head/neck. For safety reasons, the tall guys have to release early so the dudes taking it can flat back.

The other way for tall guys to do it safe is to stand really wide and bend at the knees as they drive downwards, but most guys just don't want to do it that way and it puts a load on their back. So they just release early.

That's why a short dude like Owens can look like he really drives his opponent down; he's controlling them at the hips and and can bend forward convincingly, but the dudes taking it don't have to worry as much about over rotation because their distance from the mat is so much less.

It's why tall guys should just do a sitout bomb like Titus.

Browny

Banned
Powerbomb Monday? I'm in...

Nash's was good. Looked lazy for sure, but still good. His one to Punk was crisp.

Sid's was dope. Looked brutal as heck.

Taker's Last Ride was cool too - nice variation, made you believe it was a cut above.

But you want a brutal powerbomb? I present to you:-

SCOTT
CjWCgsm.gif

FUCKING
Os6bCnP.gif

NORTON

This is what Owens should strive to reach. Fuck it, here's his dope-as-fuck shoulderbreaker:

qwu9GzK.jpg

TMF. End of.

*drops mic*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nash's powerbobm was always reflective of his character. You could see the difference between when he did them as early Diesel and Late Diesel/WCW Nash. He would simply drop them. It echoed his character was 'so over this' and was large so he didn't have to put effort into the powerbomb when he could just drop you whenever.

Fit his character perfectly.

Clegg

The most brutal powerbomb I've ever seen was in a Benoit/Guerrero match on Nitro.

I hope someone has a gif of it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If the WWE really wants to put the authority over as legit heels, I don't know why they are afraid of doing something like playing Punk's music only to have Triple H and Steph come out and troll the crowd.
If they're going to do that then it shouldn't be for the authority. It would be the perfect opportunity to bring back the Bad News gimmick.

Striker

The most brutal powerbomb I've ever seen was in a Benoit/Guerrero match on Nitro.

I hope someone has a gif of it.
There's a couple floating around between those two, and they're all glorious.

Scott Norton's shoulder breaker is another move I absolutely love.

Top Bottom