• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Browny

Banned
Speaking of splashes, what simple move do you love? I love a good crossbody.

A good chopblock is a great way of turning a match around. Cheap heat, focuses on a body part, and can look nasty. I was looking for a Pillman one, but I'll settle for this:

rRsuN.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Real talk guys, I'm losing interest in wrestling quickly. Even good wrestling. I can barely keep my attention during matches, have little to no interest to watch anything. I can't really point out why. I haven't watched NXT properly in a few weeks. I watched Lucha Underground, but was distracted for most of it aside from the backstage stuff. I give no shits about WWE and I let me NJPW World sub run out after barely watching anything on there throughout February.

Looking sort-of forward to NXT at Mania Weekend and the Hall of Fame ceremony, but normally I take a few days off to watch Mania and the Raw after live, but now I just cba. Maybe I'll watch Roadblock live if I feel like it since it's on a Saturday.

I guess I'm just ranting, I think I need that Avatar Rumble now, Sunny Mac. Wrestling needs to be fun again.

Zach

They did an admirable job booking Triple H as The Rock's equal in '98. But The Rock's talent already dwarfs Triple H's. It's incredible. I never loved The Rock, but he's really won me over.

I dread all of the upcoming gay jokes, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'm just ranting, I think I need that Avatar Rumble now, Sunny Mac. Wrestling needs to be fun again.

I don't want to get banned again. Wrestling needs to stay dull. It'll keep people content in their complaints.

Sephzilla

Real talk guys, I'm losing interest in wrestling quickly. Even good wrestling. I can barely keep my attention during matches, have little to no interest to watch anything. I can't really point out why. I haven't watched NXT properly in a few weeks. I watched Lucha Underground, but was distracted for most of it aside from the backstage stuff. I give no shits about WWE and I let me NJPW World sub run out after barely watching anything on there throughout February.

Looking sort-of forward to NXT at Mania Weekend and the Hall of Fame ceremony, but normally I take a few days off to watch Mania and the Raw after live, but now I just cba. Maybe I'll watch Roadblock live if I feel like it since it's on a Saturday.

I second the need for an avatar rumble

#RoboCopForAvatarRumble2016

They did an admirable job booking Triple H as The Rock's equal in '98. But The Rock's talent already dwarfs Triple H's. It's incredible. I never loved The Rock, but he's really won me over.

I dread all of the upcoming gay jokes, though.
They're not extreme at first. Wait until rock n sock when they make him go that way.

Mahonay

Banned
Friends. Today is the first day of my job with a local realtor here as their admin/operations guy. I'm also recovering from being up until 4:30AM with the guy who hired me. Going to dig down deep and work to draw.

Feeling like CM Punk looked in 2013.
No Awesome Bombs?

11nje.gif

Especially the ridiculous top-rope version.

125ha.gif
This is helping.

Seeing those Awesome Bombs reminds me of One Night Stand 2005 and Joey "Fuck calling this match, Mike Awesome is a piece of shit who should kill himself" Styles.

I'll happily run the Rumble if Sunny Mac's scared of the ban hammer.

Sad news about Lionhead, I'm sat working literally 2 buildings over from those guys as we speak.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends. Today is the first day of my job with a local realtor here as their admin/operations guy. I'm also recovering from being up until 4:30AM with the guy who hired me. Going to dig down deep and work to draw.

If you need help, I have my fingers in real estate and I'm also legitimately curious about your job and what association you'll belong to.

Sephzilla

I'd consider running the avatar Rumble if Sunny is scared as well. I have external streaming hardware so we wouldn't lose entrance themes via streaming through the PS4.

and I'd enter RoboCop

DMczaf

This is helping.

If you need any help....don't look in my direction, son.

QoucQ2i.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with streaming is that you'd need external streaming software. 2k16 blocks entrance themes being played, and that's murder on a Ramble.

When does 2k16 come out on PC?

NVM...March 11th

This is helping.

Well this means you're probably friends with him AND he was up until 4:30 as well, so he probably understands.

Sephzilla

The problem with streaming is that you'd need external streaming software. 2k16 blocks entrance themes being played, and that's murder on a Ramble.

When does 2k16 come out on PC?

NVM...March 11th

I'd consider running the avatar Rumble if Sunny is scared as well. I have external streaming hardware so we wouldn't lose entrance themes via streaming through the PS4.

and I'd enter RoboCop

Y U NO LISTEN SUNNY MAC

Kaladin

Last night I watched Survivor Series '96 and Hog Wild '96. Both had a mix of good and shit.

Survivor Series '96 was always about the 3 main events. If we're only watching Raw on the Network, the traditional survivor series matches feel so thrown together and forced it's ridiculous. Plus you get the debut of the Nation of Domination thrown in with the debut of The Rock. All three main event matches lived up to the hype. Mankind vs Taker was a bit weak for one of their battles, but it is exceptional for a new look for Taker and one the first evolution of his in ring style. Thank god they never had him come down from the rafters again (that I can remember). That was kind of stupid looking. Stone Cold vs Bret lived up to the hype and it left you looking forward to more encounters between the two. The main event of Sid vs HBK was actually a lot better than I remember it being. Really good back and forth leading to a somewhat screwy finish that kind of actually made since. You're left wondering could Sid have beat Shawn if Shawn's attention hadn't been elsewhere in the finish. It also leaves you looking forward to a future encounter.

Hog Wild '96 was a bit different. The main story going in was the nWo invasion, but those two matches were never going to be the best on the card. We did actually have two great contests in the undercard though. Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Ultimate Dragon is an all time classic for the WCW Cruiserweight division and the Dean Malenko vs Chris Benoit match here is amazing. Those two matches alone are worth watching. The rest of the show....eh...you could take or leave it. The angle at the end was kind of flat even for nWo standards.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jacqueline always wins. She was by far better in every single respect.

Kaladin

Zach, would you agree that Survivor Series '96 is when WWF starts turning around and starts getting good? I feel like it's the first time a lot of the Attitude era building blocks are there.

Zach

Zach, would you agree that Survivor Series '96 is when WWF starts turning around and starts getting good? I feel like it's the first time a lot of the Attitude era building blocks are there.

Oh, I remember that segment. I just can't remember the timeline of everything.

That's what I should've done. Made a wrestling timeline of significant events. Of course, if I had done that, Jeff Jarrett would've never been mentioned anyway.

Sorry, dude.

Zach

So much filler in this PPV. I need more wrasslin'!

I think this is the debut of The Undertaker's new, edgier, tweener theme, though. So that's something.

Top Bottom