• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

I don't see any plausible way they can get the crowd behind Roman by Mania unless they do something drastic, which they won't.

I'm more excited to see the boo festival when Roman wins than I am for that entire match.

Triple H could come out dressed like a Nazi and the crowd would probably cheer him over Roman

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Triple H could come out dressed like a Nazi and the crowd would probably cheer him over Roman

I actually wonder how heinous HHH would actually have to be to get Roman to cheer.

(Or you know, they could just have Roman beat the shit out of him like they did in November...but you kinda can't run that angle before a match when you're supposed to be the face.)

JTripper

Seems like the only way to top this

Triple-H-WrestleMania-31-Entrance.jpg

It was that bad?

Only 2 noteworthy things happened, and they were literally "Jericho turns heel so he can be the guy Styles fights at Mania" and "Zayn debuts on the main roster for the third time, please pop as loud as you did the other 2 times we promise this time it might last at least 2 weeks, please"

Zach

I watched The Resurrection of Jake the Snake Roberts. At times I felt like I was watching a DDP Yoga infomercial, but I still recommend it. There was some powerful, raw stuff in there. Definitely worth a watch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And for some reason Lana is back on TV hitting people with wrestling moves in her Ziggler era gear. So random.

Heroman

Banned
Only 2 noteworthy things happened, and they were literally "Jericho turns heel so he can be the guy Styles fights at Mania" and "Zayn debuts on the main roster for the third time, please pop as loud as you did the other 2 times we promise this time it might last at least 2 weeks, please"
Is this the worst Wm build up in recent memory?

Barrage

Unreal tag match. Hot crowd. Every match adavanced a character or storyline (minus the toal divas, yuck). Not sure what raw could have possibly done to please some of you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was really impressed by the breakup of The New Day's tag finisher. Such a simple spot bullrushing the dude trying to prevent you from breaking up the pin into the guy pinning your partner.

Unreal tag match. Hot crowd. Every match adavanced a character or storyline (minus the toal divas, yuck). Not sure what raw could have possibly done to please some of you.

I actually thought the show was ok tonight as well. Still way too long and poorly paced with too many recaps and fat, but the good parts were good (Shane running wild, Owens/Neville, Zayn's run in, New Day/Y2AJ, Ambrose/Bray, Bray/HHH tease at the end, Ambrose getting one over on Mr. H's)

And a hot crowd always makes something seem better than it is, so props to Chicago.

I was really impressed by the breakup of The New Day's tag finisher. Such a simple spot bullrushing the dude trying to prevent you from breaking up the pin into the guy pinning your partner.

Yeah that was a great "real person reaction" spot that we don't get nearly enough of in wrestling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wish I could go back in time like 4 years and report that an episode of Raw happened where Kevin Steen, El Generico and AJ Styles were being set up for matches at WrestleMania in front of 100,000 people but everyone is still angry

What the Fck Kofi, you let Horricho run through you to interrupt the 3 count? SMH!!

E: Big E needs a singles push now!!! The ending was great!!

E2: LOL Lady fan in the background marking out on Kalisto's handstand move.. I'm dying over here. She marked out sick!!

Had a blast tonight, the Owens/Neville and Y2AJ/New Day matches being the highlights. Disappointing to see Sasha and Becky thrown into the expected short runtime tag match but was cool to see them anyways

Post-show was basically a run in from all of the guys backstage who didn't have matches (Jack Swagger being the first, which was hilarious because everyone was like "...huh?"). Mark Henry came down with a slice of deep dish, offered to Stroman who slapped it away and got STOMPED in the name of pizza. Stardust started eating a slice but then they all attacked him for some reason, idk wrasslin

Gotta say it's cool to just have everyone come out even if its just a bullshit spot, most of the excitement of being there is just seeing the people IRL so may as well have like 15 guys in the ring for a few minutes

Got a kick out of Dan Ryckert and Patrick Klepek on the opposite side from me, Patrick getting into it

Raw was good. Shane is awesome. Becky/Sasha were awesome. KO/Neville/Zayn was awesome. Y2AJ vs New Day was amazing. Stopped watching here though lol.

KO/Nevelle/Zayn for Wrestlemania will steal the show if they do that. Plus it's smart so Zayn gets time to rest from the beating he receives from nakamura.

Have I mentioned how much that knees spot Sasha started doing a while ago annoys me? It probably wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't being blatantly fed into a couple seconds beforehand. I mean if it was only done like once a month I'd be fine with it but every single match just bothers me, it should come off as a counter of some sort and less spotty. Did they tell her to stop doing the corner ones or something?

KingBroly

Banned
Shane/Taker is clearly going on last...

unless Hunter is a fucking dick like he was at WM18. 'well the Title match has to go on last.' It was a fucking terrible match. Just like WM25 was, too.

Shane's promo felt a bit too...close to reality, just like his promo a couple of weeks ago. It's like they're aware of the complaints they're getting, don't care, and are making it angle, which is why everyone loves Shane for saying it.

AJ/Jericho v. New Day was fantastic. PPV quality match. Good turn at the end as well. I hope that match gets some kind of interesting stipulation considering this is the FOURTH TIME it's happening.

and I know Dean's not winning, but let him beat Lesnar. They're pushing Reigns to the moon, so it's not like they have to give him everything. Give Ambrose something to elevate him more.

Top Bottom