• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No matter how good your pc specs are, they mean little when a poorly optimized port is released. There have been plenty of examples of this in the last year alone.

Sure, but the consoles are lookin like shit now. Just shit.

Thanks I really don't post because I don't watch much anymore but I will always have a soft spot for wrestling.

There's always room for classic wrassle-talk, no matter what this place looks like, there's a lot of people that want to discuss the old stuff, we're just drowned out by the "oh let's complain about Roman Reigns again!" that seems to never end. We're in there!

Ronin Ray

You know who watches? Bubba Clem.

Who is Bubba Clem ?

Sure, but the consoles are lookin like shit now. Just shit.

There's always room for classic wrassle-talk, no matter what this place looks like, there's a lot of people that want to discuss the old stuff, we're just drowned out by the "oh let's complain about Roman Reigns again!" that seems to never end. We're in there!

That's great I am always intimidated by this place so I just lurk.

I don't want to be mean or anything, but what does Rosa do in the WWE? Just what in the world does she have to come back to?

http://www.eonline.com/shows/total_...e-s-losing-baby-weight-really-quickly-details
I guess they'll throw her in nxt for some cheap heel heat then have her being an interviewer for Superstars.
Compared to last year, even

Hour one: 3.54 million
Hour two: 4.06 million
Hour three: 3.86 million
That's crazy that second hour pop.
Thanks I really don't post because I don't watch much anymore but I will always have a soft spot for wrestling.

Come to late night WrassleGAF if you want to discuss the old school with me. 90% of my posts are old wrestling posts. Welcome to the battlefield.

Heel

Did anything cool come out of the Hogan trial today? Besides the thing we all know.

My personal highlight: The prosecution pressing Gawker staffers on internal chats about Hulk Hogan's penis wearing a doorag and having silky, blonde pubes, and the staffers having to explain the humor therein.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When he groped his daughter's ass, was he Hulk Hogan or Terry Bollea?

Like some Twin Peaks shit here.

I'm putting my money on Hulk Hogan.

Yeah, but they were shit in 2013. They've always been outdated. Really, consoles are about ecosystem. That and the fact that i can rent a game are the only reasons why i keep one at the very least.

I plan on building my first PC this year in 8 years.

Welcome to PC Land again. Everything is cheap!

Wikipedia says
After her association with Rose quietly ended, Mendes began serving as the WWE.com correspondent for SmackDown in October,[100] before going on maternity leave later that month.[101]

We had a weirdo here that was obsessed with finding out who Rosa's baby's father was. Some real gross shit.

That's great I am always intimidated by this place so I just lurk.

Well speak up, friend. What's your favorite promotion of alllll time? Give us some history of how you got into wrassles and what you've watched.

jmdajr

My personal highlight: The prosecution pressing Gawker staffers on internal chats about Hulk Hogan's penis wearing a doorag and having silky, blonde pubes, and the staffers having to explain the humor therein.

That Office Humor!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You never buy consoles for high end tech though. Consoles have always been lower end plug and play gaming rigs, basically, and that's their appeal

The 360 and PS3 didn't get so outpaced so fast last time. I think it's because a lot of devs gave no fucks about PC ports. Now they do, and life's really, really good right now.

It doesn't help that a lot of PS+ and Games with Gold games are sold for peanuts on Steam. How am I supposed to feel good about getting a shitty port of Broforce with terrible lag when I can have it on PC for $3.74? It's tough to find the value.

Zach

The 360 and PS3 didn't get so outpaced so fast last time. I think it's because a lot of devs gave no fucks about PC ports. Now they do, and life's really, really good right now.

It doesn't help that a lot of PS+ and Games with Gold games are sold for peanuts on Steam. How am I supposed to feel good about getting a shitty port of Broforce with terrible lag when I can have it on PC for $3.74? It's tough to find the value.

Wealthy NVM, will you buy me a PC? I'll paint your chicken coop.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, isn't the outcome of the Roadblock special obvious? Isn't it Lesnar interfering to cost Ambrose the match in retribution for breaking the kimura lock on Reigns? I mean, I get it that podcast dudes have to claim that anything could happen, but this is a company that has to swerve the obvious swerves: they're not changing the card.

I mean, isn't the outcome of the Roadblock special obvious? Isn't it Lesnar interfering to cost Ambrose the match in retribution for breaking the kimura lock on Reigns?
Of course not, he already beat his ass twice. He'll get him again at Mania.

Edit: actually before then. Then at Mania.

klonere

Banned
I actually think last years Mania build was worse than what we have now. Seeing as they have booked less matches in the lead up , they have less to fuck up.

Consider this time last year we had

- IC belt stealing, making the title an utter joke, burying Barrett even further, produced the "your a turd" line and a meaningless, dangerous multiman match. At least we have some semblance of story this year with Zayn/KO

- Rollins/Orton which was heatless seeing as they pulled Randy off the program when he was getting really hot to do a movie, then cooled his huge babyface return down by immediately having him turn heel only to turn on Rollins two weeks later because
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Bray Wyatt cutting promos to no-one, burning a casket or something and then losing a match that he 100% had to win to remain credible in the main event. Fuck you Wyatt, we'll bring in the Undertaker to build matches with real stars that can carry this company into the future like SHANE MCMAHON.

- The Miz/Mizdow feud, which took the New Day position of carrying a portion of the show each week with characters that people actually gave a fuck about in a competent storyline. As Mania drew closer it was clear that the longest running and best built feud on the entire roster was not getting a singles match that could have launched Sandow as a big babyface.

- Divas ??? storyline that kept the title being defended off the show. AJ's most unceremonious last match.

- HHH/Sting which was serviceable but shifted around so much, Sting vs Authority to WWE vs WCW. The match...well we all know how that went.

- And finally, the main event singlehandedly saved by Paul Heyman and a snowed in Raw where they had to do something different. Otherwise hilariously terrible, birthing many awful moments, including beanstalk promo, the Roman enters the Rumble promo and please may I borrow your belt Mr. Lesnar among others.

brock-and-roman-reigns-d90ba3ca28a5e85d.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Of course not, he already beat his ass twice. He'll get him again at Mania.

Edit: actually before then. Then at Mania.

I mean, yeah he did, but there's no point to the special and putting Ambrose in match with Lesnar other than trying to push him (you're insane if you believe they are not pushing Ambrose, because they are), but making him lose clean to Haitch and then lose to Lesnar seems an awful lot like just dousing him with ice water because it stop being plausible he'll ever win anything.

Sephzilla

The 360 and PS3 got outpaced pretty quickly too. It just didn't get noticed as immediately because that was consoles making the jump to HD.

How am I supposed to feel good about getting a shitty port of Broforce with terrible lag

Step 1 - Play better games than Broforce

Edit - For the record; I have a gaming PC and have nothing against PC gaming or anything like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wealthy NVM, will you buy me a PC? I'll paint your chicken coop.

I can sell you my old one, it's still very serviceable and handles most games.

The 360 and PS3 got outpaced pretty quickly too. It just didn't get noticed as immediately because that was consoles making the jump to HD.

Step 1 - Play better games than Broforce

Weren't you like 12 when the 360 and PS3 came out? I don't know if I trust your rose-tinted visor.

Broforce is an okay game, but a mess on PS4. A shame.

Anth0ny

I actually think last years Mania build was worse than what we have now. Seeing as they have booked less matches in the lead up , they have less to fuck up.

- IC belt stealing, making the title an utter joke, burying Barrett even further, produced the "your a turd" line and a meaningless, dangerous multiman match. At least we have some semblance of story this year with Zayn/KO

- Rollins/Orton which was heatless seeing as they pulled Randy off the program when he was getting really hot to do a movie, then cooled his huge babyface return down by immediately having him turn heel only to turn on Rollins two weeks later because
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Bray Wyatt cutting promos to no-one, burning a casket or something and then losing a match that he 100% had to win to remain credible in the main event. Fuck you Wyatt, we'll bring in the Undertaker to build matches with real stars that can carry this company into the future like SHANE MCMAHON.

- The Miz/Mizdow feud, which took the New Day position of carrying a portion of the show each week with characters that people actually gave a fuck about in a competent storyline. As Mania drew closer it was clear that the longest running and best built feud on the entire roster was not getting a singles match that could have launched Sandow as a big babyface.

- Divas ??? storyline that kept the title being defended off the show. AJ's most unceremonious last match.

- HHH/Sting which was serviceable but shifted around so much, Sting vs Authority to WWE vs WCW. The match...well we all know how that went.

- And finally, the main event singlehandedly saved by Paul Heyman and a snowed in Raw where they had to do something different. Otherwise hilariously terrible, birthing many awful moments, including beanstalk promo, the Roman enters the Rumble promo and please may I borrow your belt Mr. Lesnar among others.

keep in mind reigns has been off tv for two weeks

that will do wonders for your mania build

last year had no such luxury

Angry Grimace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The way they booked the Divas match at WM31 was such a poster child for the way Divas matches have been booked. Paige carried the entire women's roster the entire year and they didn't even give her a title match.

Sephzilla

Weren't you like 12 when the 360 and PS3 came out? I don't know if I trust your rose-tinted visor.

Broforce is an okay game, but a mess on PS4. A shame.

It's rose tinted to say the old consoles got outpaced just as much as modern ones....?
I was in college when the 360 came out

Broforce is a really mediocre 2D shooter that gets by purely on the fact that it has a bunch of characters in it that border on copyright infringement. The game itself is kind of ass.

keep in mind reigns has been off tv for two weeks

that will do wonders for your mania build

last year had no such luxury
There's still 3 more episodes of Raw before WM. That's plenty of time for them to build something. It's better than 6 weeks of the same shit over and over.

Kuroyume

Banned
The ending to Raws have been brutal. It's like they put most of their effort into the first hour. A Wyatt interference and then a HHH beat down? Don't they do this shit nearly every week except with the LON?

Sephzilla

The ending to Raws have been brutal. It's like they put most of their effort into the first hour. A Wyatt interference and then a HHH beat down? Don't they do this shit nearly every week except with the LON?

Honestly, at this point I would put way more effort into the first two hours of the show. The third hour seems like it's a guaranteed ratings cliff at this point and I don't think anything can really save it.

Angry Grimace

Goddamn Bryan Alvarez is really on a kick about his theory that the Undertaker will straight up kill Vince McMahon in kayfabe to get him off television permanently. Like, that sounds really fucken dumb but he keeps saying it.

Honestly, at this point I would put way more effort into the first two hours of the show. The third hour seems like it's a guaranteed ratings cliff at this point and I don't think anything can really save it.

You guys just keep forgetting that it makes no difference. They're not going to stop loading the main event with main event stuff. So what if ratings go down in the third hour? That's on USA for demanding 3 hours and they probably knew about it when they signed that deal. It's just business. They put three hours on because its mutually beneficial even if ratings suck in Hour 3 because USA knows that whatever rating Hour 3 is drawing is going to be better than a re-run of Colony and WWE is happy to cash USA's checks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Bryan Alvarez is really on a kick about his theory that the Undertaker will straight up kill Vince McMahon in kayfabe to get him off television permanently. Like, that sounds really fucken dumb but he keeps saying it.

I'd like that, it sounds fucking hilarious

Sephzilla

That's how they got Paul Bearer off TV, wasn't it?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I know a year's kinda a long time, but I can say with certainty that this year's WM buildup is 1000% better than last year's. Last year's was a travesty outside of Seth Rollins hosting the Daily Show.

Ronin Ray

Well speak up, friend. What's your favorite promotion of alllll time? Give us some history of how you got into wrassles and what you've watched.

What do you want to talk about, pal? What's your era? You a WWF guy?

I start watching wcw as a kid I have no clue how I found it. My friends weren't into wrestling at the time. This was Wcw pre NWO by a few years I think. Then I remember one day switching channels and seeing a guy pull his hair out. That guy was mankind. I had spent a lot more time watching WCW so I would lean toward wcw and I thought their wrestling was better. I was a big fan of all the cruiser weights and luchadores and tag teams. Then NWO hit and I and every kid I knew wanted to be in the NWO. I was always A wcw guy in my mind but when Austin took over and the Rock hit I didn't care about the wrestling anymore it was about these amazing characters. I never saw ECW as a kid but heard about it.

Angry Grimace

They typically soap opera die off camera so that when the actor wants to come back they just say "I got better." Unless its Taker himself or Kane who have Undead Wizard powers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I start watching wcw as a kid I have no clue how I found it. My friends weren't into wrestling at the time. This was Wcw pre NWO by a few years I think. Then I remember one day switching channels and seeing a guy pull his hair out. That guy was mankind. I had spent a lot more time watching WCW so I would lean toward wcw and I thought their wrestling was better. I was a big fan of all the cruiser weights and luchadores and tag teams. Then NWO hit and I and every kid I knew wanted to be in the NWO. I was always A wcw guy in my mind but when Austin took over and the Rock hit I didn't care about the wrestling anymore it was about these amazing characters. I never saw ECW as a kid but heard about it.

ECW is better heard about than seen, thanks to the Network giving us a ton of ECW TV content. That shit doesn't age well.

Favorite cruiserweight? Disco Inferno, right? Or Psicosis?

dude street fighter just came out

I'm good until at least... pokken
I have the feeling going from SFV to Pokken is going to feel clumsy as fuck.
Maybe Pokken can tide me over until the SF update which at this rate will arrive at the arse end of march.

Broforce is a really mediocre 2D shooter that gets by purely on the fact that it has a bunch of characters in it that border on copyright infringement. The game itself is kind of ass.
Doesn't even have Dwayne Bro Rock Johnson, action hero extraordinaire.

But then he burst out the concrete (presumably) and came back.
Only to turn on Taker by shining mystical urn light into his face.
Then he got pushed off a ladder and locked in a freezer like Lara Croft's Butler.
Nothing could stop Bearer, well except the obvious, even then his spirit lived on in the Punk/Taker build, eternal Bearer.

Ronin Ray

ECW is better heard about than seen, thanks to the Network giving us a ton of ECW TV content. That shit doesn't age well.

Favorite cruiserweight? Disco Inferno, right? Or Psicosis?

Juventud Guerrera

Disco Inferno was great with Alex Right or when la parka would hit him with chairs

You are a good man, and I know where you are coming from.

There was something so special about being in my early 20's and watching ECW.

It hasn't aged well, But my god it was fun to watch during that time.

Also NWA-WCW for life my friend.

Angry Grimace

I know a year's kinda a long time, but I can say with certainty that this year's WM buildup is 1000% better than last year's. Last year's was a travesty outside of Seth Rollins hosting the Daily Show.

I don't even know how you can say the buildup to last year's was better than this one. This one has already cemented being like 10 times better because there's more than 2 people whose matches I'm interested in with Owens, Zayn and Styles. I don't know if I would have believed you if you told me last year "WrestleMania is going to have Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens and AJ Styles all wrestling big matches, but everyone will complain it is worse than last year." Let's not forget that Rollins saving the main event was fucking out of nowhere and the actual build to WrestleMania involved Roman beating up someone who nobody at all wanted to see lose, vs. Triple H who at least lots of people still hate as a result of the last decade of Triple H politicking his way to the top.

No lies detected here. So Blue, you watching 1998 yet?
Nah I'm about 2 Raws from Survivor Series 97. I went back home Saturday, so I've been without the network since Friday night(no time on my ipad, took a break from wrestling to watch boondocks). I'll be in 98' tomorrow night lol. I'm on my way home now.

klonere

Banned
I don't even know how you can say the buildup to last year's was better than this one. This one has already cemented being like 10 times better because there's more than 2 people whose matches I'm interested in with Owens, Zayn and Styles. I don't know if I would have believed you if you told me last year "WrestleMania is going to have Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens and AJ Styles all wrestling big matches, but everyone will complain it is worse than last year." Let's not forget that Rollins saving the main event was fucking out of nowhere and the actual build to WrestleMania involved Roman beating up someone who nobody at all wanted to see lose, vs. Triple H who at least lots of people still hate as a result of the last decade of Triple H politicking his way to the top.

It's kinda weird to think about with all the injuries that we are still getting a better built Mania this year. I mean its not perfect - AJ is going to be wrestling the same dude for the 4th time (With all of those matches getting a lot of time). Zayn and Owens isn't a single but is probably only the genesis of their feud, done well they can carry post Mania season tbh.

They have a huge opportunity after Mania to make the IC title a real hot property with all these incredible workers they should have on the roster, AJ, Sami, Owens, Balor (?), Joe (?) and a hopefully returning Cesaro. I'd probably try and throw it on AJ, have Sami and Owens break off, have Joe, Cesaro, Balor challenge, have Kalisto try to unify and then when Nak America comes up we have a super strong AJ with a super strong belt for a natural feud.

Fantasy_booking.txt, apologies. I know it won't go that way but when WWE hoard so many incredible fucking wrestlers I can at least have them go through great feuds in my head.

Zach

I can sell you my old one, it's still very serviceable and handles most games.

I thought we were bros but you're just a dirty, rotten snake oil salesman.

Ronin Ray, you are just... too... sweeeeeet.

Nekofrog

Banned
If I wasnt married already I'd come down the aisle to My Time and do a water spit at my family members like hhh, them ask the pastor of I'm fucking going over

That's how great my time is

Top Bottom