• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

WWE dying at this point would be the only thing to save pro wrestling. The number of independent wrestlers would increase drastically. Guys that people don't want to see anymore like John Cena will stop wrestling.

Someone else would get a TV deal cause USA wants wrestling in that timeslot cause it draws viewers.
I don't think there's anything about this post that's correct at all
From the Observer:

If this is true ROH is probably real nervous right now with Sinclair not giving them the money to prevent this.

ROH could be number 2 but Sinclair doesn't want to give them any money to make this happen.

edit: Beaten

Oooh, they should pick up Alberto El Patron and Matt Sydal. I think they'd adapt well to the WWE style

Big One

Banned
I don't think there's anything about this post that's correct at all
Explain to me how it isn't. I don't think WWE is going out of business anytime soon, I'm saying if they did then the wrestling market as a whole will gain a lot from it with the talent and someone WILL get a TV deal that could potentially capture that audience WWE once had.

Explain to me how it isn't. I don't think WWE is going out of business anytime soon, I'm saying if they did then the wrestling market as a whole will gain a lot from it with the talent and someone WILL get a TV deal that could potentially capture that audience WWE once had.

USA doesn't want pro wrestling on Monday nights. They want WWE. If WWE doesn't exist, they'll find something else, not go searching for pro wrestling.

If WWE goes under, USA isn't gonna go looking for a new wrestling show to replace it. They'd take it as a sign that wrestling ain't gonna draw anymore.

As to your other point, I doubt WWE would go under while John Cena or the Big Show or Kane are still wrestling anyway, since realistically they're only going to be around for... wait actually nvm these guys are never retiring. ever.
They'd go to NJPW, obviously.

notworksafe

HoF time...and Finkel announces before it starts that Bret Hart isn't there because he was "uncomfortable attending".

Is there a story behind this or was he just still mad at Vince?

EDIT: Vickie accepting for Eddie as the crowd chants his name :(

USA doesn't want pro wrestling on Monday nights. They want WWE. If WWE doesn't exist, they'll find something else, not go searching for pro wrestling.

TNA couldn't even negotiate better than Discovery's 3rd-string network, and that was when they had the negotiating benefit of being the #2 wrestling company in the country. And when Jon Stewart mentioned wrestling a week or two ago on his show, or hell even when Taker's streak ended a Mania ago, his crowd responded with dead silence.

People legit believe wrestling is much more popular than it actually is (at least in the US)

I find it funny when people claim that JBL was "ruined" when he went from bradshaw to jbl. Guy was hilarious as jbl and outgrew the bradshaw character for awhile.

JBL was the SNK boss of Smackdown.

Which is something we need more of in wrestling

GeeseHoward.jpg

Recall

WWF survived 1995 meaning it is never going anywhere. It's a mainstream brand, even when the wrestling portion is shit, people still tune in and still buy tickets and buy the merch. It's target audience really don't seem to care that much by the product quality, yes it's never going to reach the same highs until a change is made but they are no way near the dire situation everyone claims.

You will all still tune in until your dying breaths.

Anybody got a schedule for the New Japan Cup?

The New Japan Cup starts this week with the first two rounds, both live on New Japan World. The first show is 3/5, live at 5 a.m. Eastern, and the quarterfinals are at 4:30 a.m. on 3/8, both from Tokyo. The 3/5 show is the 43rd anniversary show at Ota Ward Gym. The final four will go to 3/15 in Hiroshima, and the winner can challenge for the singles title of his choosing in the main event at Invasion Attack on 4/5 at Tokyo Sumo Hall, which will be the company’s biggest event since the Tokyo Dome.

It's official now, friends.

WWE's best broadcaster - yes, we said it - Renee Young has confimed what that there internet has been whispering about for a few months now: she's in a relationship with Dean Ambrose.

The stunning Canadian revealed she and Dean keep them being together largely on the down low because, as WWE on screen super talents, they come in for a lot of attention on social media.

Speaking on the Gorilla Position podcast, she said: “It’s true, yes."

She continued: “I can’t give away too much, because we are very private about our relationship because we respect it."

Ton of iPPVs starting tomorrow with the New Japan Cup;

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP", 2015/03/05 (live on NJPW World)
Ota Ward Gymnasium

19:00 JST | 11:00 CET | 10:00 GMT | 05:00 EST | 02:00 PST

1. Anniversary Match: Jushin Liger, KUSHIDA, Yohei Komatsu & Jay White vs Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada & Sho Tanaka
2. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: YOSHI-HASHI vs Yujiro Takahashi
3. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Togi Makabe vs Tomoaki Honma
4. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Satoshi Kojima vs Katsuyori Shibata
5. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Yuji Nagata vs Hirooki Goto
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazushi Sakuraba & Tomohiro Ishii vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
7. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Kota Ibushi vs Doc Gallows
8. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Tetsuya Naito vs Karl Anderson
9. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Toru Yano
10. New Japan Cup - 1st Round: Kazuchika Okada vs Bad Luck Fale

Dragon Gate, "GLORIOUS GATE", 2015/03/06 (live on Nicovideo)
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

18:30 JST | 10:30 CET | 09:30 GMT | 04:30 EST | 01:30 PST

1. Yosuke=Santa Maria, U-T & El Lindaman vs K-ness, Gamma & Mondai Ryu
2. Kenichiro Arai & Shachihoko BOY vs Super Shisa & Stalker 'Hollywood' Ichikawa
3. Kotoka vs Mr. Quu Quu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin
4. Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs CIMA & Don Fujii
5. T-Hawk & Flamita vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Dragon Kid
6. Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino & Shingo Takagi vs BxB Hulk, Big R Shimizu & Kzy vs Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kanda & Jimmy Kagetora vs YAMATO, Naruki Doi & Cyber Kong

SHINE 25, 2015/03/06 (live on WWNLive)
The Orpheum, Ybor City, FL

03:00 CET | 02:00 GMT | 21:00 EST | 18:00 PST

. SHINE Championship 2/3 Falls: Mia Yim (c) vs Neveah
. SHINE Tag Championship: Malia Hosaka & Brandi Wine (c) vs Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb
. NWA World Women's Championshp: Santana (c) vs Shanna
. Jessicka Havok vs Su Yung
. Plus, VALKRYIE (Allison Kay & Taylor Made), Valifornia (Jayme Jameson & Andrea), Leah Von Dutch, Solo Darling, Amber Gallows, Thunderkitty, La Rosa Negra, Leva & Crazy Mary Dobson

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP", 2015/03/08 (live on NJPW World)
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round Matches
. plus 4~5 non-tournament matches

EVOLVE 38, 2015/03/08 (live on WWNLive)
The Sportatorium, Deer Park, FL

02:00 CET | 01:00 GMT | 20:00 EST | 17:00 PST

. Steel Cage Non-Title Match: Drew Galloway vs Roderick Strong
. Davey Richards vs Anthony Nese
. Grudge Match: Chris Hero vs Drew Gulak
. Title Contendership Bout: Biff Busick vs Caleb Konley
. AR Fox vs Matt Cage
. Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) vs Larry Dallas' new mystery team

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP ROAD", 2015/03/09 (live on NJPW World)
Kumagaya Citizen Gymnasium

1. Ryusuke Taguchi vs Sho Tanaka
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Liger & Yohei Komatsu vs Satoshi Kojima, Tiger Mask & Mascara Dorada
3. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Yuji Nagata & Captain New Japan
4. Tetsuya Naito, Manabe Nakanishi & Tomoaki Honma vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Cody Hall
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & KUSHIDA vs Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP FINALS", 2015/03/15 (airs on NJPW World tape-delay a few hours after event completion)
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

. New Japan Cup - Semi-Finals
. New Japan Cup - FINAL
. plus, 5~6 non-tournament matches

notworksafe

So in WM22 Mickie James plays a crazy chick who's obsessed with another wrestler, wins the belt in a less than 5 minute match, and the crowd loves her for it?

Sounds like women's booking hasn't actually changed in the past decade.

I don't think there's anything more corny in the whole history of the business than DX's last run. I mean, really.

I enjoyed late '00s DX because they reminded me a lot of the midlife crisis my dad was going through around that time. Buying like a dozen 4 wheelers, trying to make "deez nutz" into a thing, cheating on my mom...good times, good times...

Top Bottom