• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Kaiterra

Banned
TNA couldn't even negotiate better than Discovery's 3rd-string network, and that was when they had the negotiating benefit of being the #2 wrestling company in the country. And when Jon Stewart mentioned wrestling a week or two ago on his show, or hell even when Taker's streak ended a Mania ago, his crowd responded with dead silence.

People legit believe wrestling is much more popular than it actually is (at least in the US)

On top of that, even when it is a draw and there's been a massive amount of PR whitewashing like with WWE, advertisers don't care because of the stigma of wrestling, as evidenced by WWE not at all meeting their ad rate goal last year. It'd be even worse with a smaller organization.

I don't think there's anything more corny in the whole history of the business than DX's last run. I mean, really.

Every DX run was cringeworthy in one way or another but yeah, that took the cake.

somedevil

Whoa! Live special?

More like a show they did in the past where its a clip show and at the end they give you this match.

They have 2 weeks to fill before they get to the next taping. So it seems this is one and the other clip show will have the
Sasha Banks vs Alexa Bliss match at the end.

Nah, it was taped last month, but it wasn't supposed to air until mid-April. Seems to indicate to me that
Balor is coming up the night after Mania as rumored.

Not really because
Tyler Breeze called him out on a promo. So he is probably his next feud.

Nah, it was taped last month, but it wasn't supposed to air until mid-April. Seems to indicate to me that
Balor is coming up the night after Mania as rumored.

Damn, I was hoping this would mean there would be an NXT event out in California. I have no interest in going to WM even though it's only like an hour away, but I'd absolutely try to go to an NXT special.

Not really because
Tyler Breeze called him out on a promo. So he is probably his next feud.

Given that he is making main roster money, they have motivation to bring him up. Not to mention the fact that there are rumors that not only is Hunter really high on him, but Vince is too. As for the feud, every NXT guy has a couple of matches after they go up to "send them off". I guarantee that even if it isn't the night after Mania, it'll happen before Summerslam.

somedevil

Given that he is making main roster money, they have motivation to bring him up. Not to mention the fact that there are rumors that not only is Hunter really high on him, but Vince is too. As for the feud, every NXT guy has a couple of matches after they go up to "send them off". I guarantee that even if it isn't the night after Mania, it'll happen before Summerslam.

I think Neville is getting the call. Plus the NXT roster is going to have matches at access for the fans.

I like the concept of women bring able to wrestle men but I'm not sure of their execution.

That has ZERO to do with gender.

Really, that's the case for ALL wrestlers, regardless of gender. It's all whether you can execute. Can the booker and agent execute a match and story that makes sense? Cans the wrestlers execute the moves without hurting each other and get the story over?

Has nothing to do with gender of either participant.

Current Rey de Reyes card

Bengala, Drago, Súper Nova vs Daga, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Súper Fly
4) Fénix vs Hijo del Fantasma © [AAA CRUISER]
Fantamsa’s third defense.
5) Angélico, Blue Demon Jr., Jack Evans vs Averno, Chessman, Cibernético
6) El Patrón Alberto vs Brian Cage
Non-title. La Parka & Hijo del Fantasma will be seconds
7) Aerostar vs Psycho Clown, El Mesías, Texano [Rey de Reyes]
8) Myzteziz & Rey Mysterio Jr. vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Pentagón Jr.

Scottify

That has ZERO to do with gender.

Really, that's the case for ALL wrestlers, regardless of gender. It's all whether you can execute. Can the booker and agent execute a match and story that makes sense? Cans the wrestlers execute the moves without hurting each other and get the story over?

Has nothing to do with gender of either participant.

Oh I agree with you. I wasn't knocking either wrestler, just that it could been done better.

Speaking of intergender matches... THIS match will probably be better than at least 80% of all the all-male matches in the indies on the weekend it goes down:

WUPGfdP.jpg

I'm so on the bandwagon these days with Jessica...

IMG_2211_sm_sm.jpg

This tiny girl can bring the violence. Her last two Inspire Pro matches, a victory over Kimber Lee, and a loss to "The Mountain" Vanessa Kraven, (her first loss since returning to Inspire Pro from Japan) have been real good striking/wrestling matches.

notworksafe

HHH/Cena now

For HHH's entrance he dressed like Conan and got two themes played
For Cena's he got a video comparing him to Al Capone and then he showed in a trenchcoat and shot a tommy gun as he walked in

Wtf is this shit WWE?

Dueling Cena chants in 2006. I thought those started much later.

Guzim

HHH/Cena now

For HHH's entrance he dressed like Conan and got two themes played
For Cena's he got a video comparing him to Al Capone and then he showed in a trenchcoat and shot a tommy gun as he walked in

Wtf is this shit WWE?

Dueling Cena chants in 2006. I thought those started much later.

Don't forget CM Punk was in Cena's entrance!

Also, the dueling Cena chants started around his feud with Jericho in 2005. I'm not sure if Summerslam 2005 is when the crowd first started doing it.

Also, the dueling Cena chants started around his feud with Jericho in 2005. I'm not sure if Summerslam 2005 is when the crowd first started doing it.

The dueling chants were merely "Lets go Cena/Lets go Jericho" during that match (and they were in Canada, so it could have just been Jericho getting hometown heat). The "Lets go Cena/Cena sucks" chants didn't start in earnest until the Angle feud later that year.

I'm kinda torn on that, I'm all in favor of keeping Hayes out, but Gordy needs to be in...

If you put in the Freebirds, you gotta put in the biggest four: Hayes, Gordy, Roberts, and Garvin. I know some purists would reject Garvin but he really reinvigorated Hayes' tag team career in early 90's WCW, also he and Hayes are bros so you have to assume Hayes has some say in which Freebirds are getting in.

You're not going to see Bradstreet or Iceman Parsons get in.

Top Bottom