• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

notworksafe

Looking at the match list for WM23 and it's depressing me. I dunno if I can do this tonight.

MVP vs Benoit sounds like it could be interesting though.

RP912

Banned
Smh people thought Trips damn near killed taker...Batista level of brutality was astonishing. One of my favorite tista matches.

notworksafe

Huh okay. I'll venture into it if the gf approves of more wrestling tonight.

Also we were talking about people that look totally different compared to their debut...Batista is the embodiment of that. He doesn't even look the same at all as he did years ago.

Also we were talking about people that look totally different compared to their debut...Batista is the embodiment of that. He doesn't even look the same at all as he did years ago.

ifGNUD1wPv57E.gif

Gonzalez

Banned

Bret Hart is a good example of this. When he first started out he was so roided out that he looked like what a past his prime bolded wrestler would end up looking like at age 35.

Also, Alvarez's point wasn't that Reigns doesn't get cheered at all. It's that he doesn't get cheered anywhere near the level of a guy who is main eventing Wrestlemania. Go watch Cena at WM 22, hell WM 21. That's the reaction you want. Compared to that, Reigns is getting nothing.

Guzim

The dueling chants were merely "Lets go Cena/Lets go Jericho" during that match (and they were in Canada, so it could have just been Jericho getting hometown heat). The "Lets go Cena/Cena sucks" chants didn't start in earnest until the Angle feud later that year.
Summerslam 2005 was in Washington DC. Same Summerslam that had Hogan-HBK and the ladder match for custody of Dominic, haha.

Such a silly ladder match.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Mr. Kamikaze
Mr. DNA
He's an altruistic pervert
Mr. DNA
Mr. Kamikaze
He's here to spread some genes

12 years down the road Roman will be tearing it up to bored disinterest, "Do The Spear" someone will yell from the crowd. He'll do it because he's a professional and the people will cheer. He'll try to work in some of his new material and the crowd will start thinning. He'll win the match because he's still a name that people remember damn it, but there will be no encore. He'll let some long time fans buy him a drink in the hotel lobby bar then put a yellow Gatorade in the mini-fridge to have in the morning as he drives on to the next town

notworksafe

JBL is on commentary, Maggle!

Oh hey it's Mr Anderson--err Kennedy in MITB! And King Booker! And two Hardys! And my boy Finley! And some dude with a Pepsi tattoo! And some dude with a legacy and a bad theme!

Kennedy's shirt looks like the TNA Impact logo used to lol.

Also, Alvarez's point wasn't that Reigns doesn't get cheered at all. It's that he doesn't get cheered anywhere near the level of a guy who is main eventing Wrestlemania. Go watch Cena at WM 22, hell WM 21. That's the reaction you want. Compared to that, Reigns is getting nothing.

He gets pretty much the worst reaction of any guy they have tried to push recently. Ryback was more over during his push.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Reigns isn't Devo. Devo already proved themselves before getting a major label push.

notworksafe

Jesus Christ, the dive Jeff Hardy just did onto Edge and a ladder. That looked rough.

GF verdict on long-haired Punk: "He doesn't look good like that"

It's odd that Kennedy didn't last in WWE. I liked what I saw of his work in TNA.

It's odd that Kennedy didn't last in WWE. I liked what I saw of his work in TNA.

He made no friends backstage for a variety of reasons. Injured Orton. Got injured while holding the MitB, so they took it off him and gave it to Edge. Lied about doing steroids in an interview on national TV after the Benoit thing then was named in a report that said he took steroids. Just a bad rep.

notworksafe

Khali vs Kane. Khali looking stiff as hell even back then.

So was Kane basically the new Undertaker at this point? Did he just exist to put over the latest monster that Vince signed?

He made no friends backstage for a variety of reasons. Injured Orton. Got injured while holding the MitB, so they took it off him and gave it to Edge. Lied about doing steroids in an interview on national TV after the Benoit thing then was named in a report that said he took steroids. Just a bad rep.

That's a bummer. Maybe he wised up and was a nicer dude in TNA. Or maybe they just cared less.

Khali vs Kane. Khali looking stiff as hell even back then.

So was Kane basically the new Undertaker at this point? Did he just exist to put over the latest monster that Vince signed?

Kane had a WWE Films movie come out the year prior (See No Evil), so he was towards the end of the push from that. But he wasn't a straight jobber. Khali had a big program with the WWE title picture, so he was getting a big push.

notworksafe

Yeah Kane busted out the Jacob Goodnight hook during the match...and proceeded to not use it.

Eugene and Cryme Tyme segment with random dancing girls. What the hell

Messier75

Neo Member
Anyone else running into issues with the WWE Network subscription renewals lately? I have it set up to auto-renew but I received an expiration notice for today. I tried to log in to watch NXT and got the error message that I wasn't a current subscriber. My account says its still active, but I can't watch anything. I chat with online customer service and "Eddie C." says:

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this have caused you, rest assure that we have already reported the issue, and it should be addressed soon. We are seeing that the possible reason behind this issue is the change we have made with all of our customers payment plans from a required six months commitment before to a no commitment now. All for our customer’s convenience. But don’t worry; this challenge can easily be addressed by a simple work around that you only need to do once. Just let your current subscription expire. Once it expires proceed to your billing information page under your account. Once there, you should see the option CONTINUE. Just hit that button, follow the prompts, your account should reactivate. This will insure a continues service month on month.

He asks me to try to sign up again, but the system gives me an error saying that I already have an active subscription.

The website says I'm a subscriber, the actual streaming service says I'm not and I can't do anything about it until the website says my subscription, which is set up to auto-renew, expires.

Hard times daddy.

Top Bottom