• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Is anyone going to the NXT shows in Ohio? Cause they have two weeks of NXT that need to be filled. So it could come from there or Wrestlemania weekend.

Also, whats funny is on WWE.com they show 6 people for the ladder match but on Smackdown it seemed they changed plans and made it now 8.

Yep, I'm going to the Cleveland show this upcoming Friday. I'm so damn excited for it, despite the fact that I have general admission, standing room only tickets. Ah well, doesn't matter, it'll be fantastic. Tickets for seats lasted less than 5 minutes, I believe, and it was probably around half an hour or so and all the general admission ones were gone, too.

I've also never been to the Agora, so I'm pretty curious about the setup and such.

Is it possible they will use footage from it for a show? I figured this was just a house show type of deal.

That first video is a little outdated now because it was when he was still healthy before being stripped of the titles. But if anything that sort of raises more questions, like it seems obvious Daniel Bryan only was given the title due to agreeing to sacrifice his father but then do you think he maybe lost faith when the so-called Monkey's Paw effect kicked in and caused him to be so badly injured?

Then when he came back healthy was he less committed to Satan/NWO interests and that's why they didn't let him back on top?

is vince russo back with WWE weird to see him pop up in that video

They just brought him on to do some talking head segments for their various DVDs/Network shows in between when he was fired from and secretly re-hired to TNA. Trust me, we'd know when Russo was back because the booking would get a thousand times worse, but it'd at least be watchable in the way a trainwreck is watchable, in comparison to the current bland as fuck product.

That first video is a little outdated now because it was when he was still healthy before being stripped of the titles. But if anything that sort of raises more questions, like it seems obvious Daniel Bryan only was given the title due to agreeing to sacrifice his father but then do you think he maybe lost faith when the so-called Monkey's Paw effect kicked in and caused him to be so badly injured?

Then when he came back healthy was he less committed to Satan/NWO interests and that's why they didn't let him back on top?

Shit, I'd be down for nWo 2015 starring Daniel Bryan as the new Hollywood Hogan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1.2 million views in a couple days. WWE does social media right. "But WWE didn't make that" but they prompted it to happen with their product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_tYh9zsIO0

Pretty poor form on some of these, but he IS coming off of a diving board.

If you put in the Freebirds, you gotta put in the biggest four: Hayes, Gordy, Roberts, and Garvin. I know some purists would reject Garvin but he really reinvigorated Hayes' tag team career in early 90's WCW, also he and Hayes are bros so you have to assume Hayes has some say in which Freebirds are getting in.

You're not going to see Bradstreet or Iceman Parsons get in.

I agree with Garvin, I thought he was wonderful anyway (so he should be in the HOF as it is, pre-Freebirds) but even his Freebirds late 80s stuff was dope.

notworksafe

Damn you guys weren't kidding. Batista/Taker was a hell of a match. Batista knocked the hell out of Taker.

Anyone else running into issues with the WWE Network subscription renewals lately?

Do you pay with Paypal? My subscription randomly doesn't charge sometimes and I have to readd my paypal account.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn you guys weren't kidding. Batista/Taker was a hell of a match. Batista knocked the hell out of Taker.

Mania? It was really good. Batista did really great. Taker did as well. Big match, with that #bigfightfeel

notworksafe

Yeah, one of the best Taker WM matches I've seen yet. Makes me wish I'd seen it at the time.

This ECW Originals team is perfect. Sabu, Dreamer, Sandman, and RVD. Too bad Tazz couldn't join them :(

1.2 million views in a couple days. WWE does social media right. "But WWE didn't make that" but they prompted it to happen with their product.

I agree with Garvin, I thought he was wonderful anyway (so he should be in the HOF as it is, pre-Freebirds) but even his Freebirds late 80s stuff was dope.
Her twin was pretty THICK.

scabro

i actually watched raw, shockingly not bad.

midcard cena is great and makes the show feel bigger, rusev trying not to corpse when he got the crowd to boo him in unison was hilarious, stewart was good, main event was good, Heyman was too good for this fucking company. I took a pee break during one of those pointless matches in the middle on Alucard's advice. The Diva's match was meh, aj looks gud tho.

notworksafe

All this 8 man tag match taught me is the new ECW crew was all total garbage

Elijah Burke: no
Monty Brown: okay
Matt Striker: trash
Kevin Thorn: 110% trash

notworksafe

If I were Vince and my hair was on the line in a match I sure as shit wouldn't have picked Umaga to represent me.

Trump dropping money into the crowd and King is fucking losing it about Trump being the "most searched man on the World Wide Web".

They would have had Heyman running their company and Bryan as their top star. But Dixie didn't want to cede control.

Didn't Heyman also want equity in TNA? That doesn't sound bad now that its a valueless husk but giving up a piece of a company that you've lost 10s of millions of dollars on can't be easy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OCsQPHx.gif

Didn't Heyman also want equity in TNA? That doesn't sound bad now that its a valueless husk but giving up a piece of a company that you've lost 10s of millions of dollars on can't be easy.

IIRC, he just wanted complete control of the wrestling side. Wanted talent hiring/firing decisions, complete creative control, that sort of stuff. I don't think he wanted equity.

zychi

Banned

Pretend banging up a girl when he should be banging her. Smh

Anth0ny

Pretend banging up a girl when he should be banging her. Smh

*looks at subscriber and view count*

he probably bought that pool with youtube money. i'm sure he banged her soon after the video went up, and made thousands of dollars while doing it.

youtube celebrities

He wanted 5% of the company if it went public. He was guaranteeing Dixie that they would be able to take the company public within 5 years of him being in control. Dixie is a dumbass and now they are on a 3rd rate cable channel with no ppv business and drawing 200 fans at tv tapings.

Today I pulled a Brock Lesnar, I was tired of my job, so I quited 1 week ago, and decided to take vacations, 5 hours before leaving, the company called me, payed my flight ticket, gave me a rise and a new position.

Hasney

Today I pulled a Brock Lesnar, I was tired of my job, so I quited 1 week ago, and decided to take vacations, 5 hours before leaving, the company called me, payed my flight ticket, gave me a rise and a new position.

I thought they would have cut promos on the star employee to show that you're not worth it. Isn't that how business gets done?

CONGRATS!

Toki767

I thought they would have cut promos on the star employee to show that you're not worth it. Isn't that how business gets done?

CONGRATS!

In the real world, the "star" employee would know that they won't be able to fill your shoes and are basically set up for failure so they manage to talk some sense into the employers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just under one hour until the start of the New Japan Cup 1st round, live on NJPW World!

-Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & Kazushi Sakuraba [FREE]
-Jushin Thunder Liger, KUSHIDA, Yohei Komatsu & Jay White vs. Tiger Mask IV, Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada & Sho Tanaka

1st Round Matches:
-YOSHI-HASHI vs. Yujiro Takahashi
-Togi Makabe vs. Tomoaki Honma
-Satoshi Kojima vs. Katsuyori Shibata
-Yuji Nagata vs. Hirooki Goto
-Kota Ibushi vs. Doc Gallows
-Tetsuya Naito vs. Karl Anderson
-Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Toru Yano
-Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale

NXT was great. I was going to say good but that last match put it over the top for me.

Adam Rose is actually great? Had no idea! Told a great story in the ring even if the match was really short. I actually enjoyed seeing him there.

Tag match was good. Made the champs look strong with those 2 big tag moves while still making the up and coming talent look strong by getting in a ton of strong spots/moves of their own. No need for a burial, just make both teams look strong and you leave the losers with some good rep from when they do actually rise to the top level in NXT. Again, felt a little short.

Corbin squash was okay, nothing worthwhile really. I think his finisher looks great and will go over with the Raw crowd really well. His ring work was generally boring though.

Solomon Crowe looks like an oompa loompa. Dude oozes energy though, can't help but like him for trying to keep the pace high. Odd to say but he seems small from the few matches I've seen. Bull actually came out looking pretty great, had some great spots and it was better than the Corbin matches he had. Finish was shit.

Banks & Charlotte were great as expected. Banks was heel as fuck with the early attempt to bail and then using the ropes for the pin. Simple storytelling stuff like that will resonate when people talk about her match from here on out. She's a heel doing heel shit and that's interesting to people.

I included NXT in that number. There will definitely be some cuts like Zack Ryder though I'm sure. Zack Ryder can be in Bullet Club.

Ryder would be fucking hilarious with Omega.
They could even start their own variety show and probably pull better ratings than TNA.

He gets pretty much the worst reaction of any guy they have tried to push recently. Ryback was more over during his push.
Ryback was super over during that whole "fired" stuff. That promo he cut did wonders for his image.
No idea what he's up to at the moment though.

Is Kevin Owens going to murder Alex Riley?

Or is this some shitshow angle where Alex Riley makes his return to the squared circle?

If it doesn't end up being a retirement match I'll be annoyed.
Wait, that would mean he would commentate full time.
Fuck that, loser leaves the company please.

Aiii

So not worth it
Anyone else watching the New Japan Cup?

You know, they just did the opening trailer and showed the winner gets to challenge either for the IWGP Heavyweight, IC, or Never Openweight title.

And I honestly think no matter who the winner challenges, it makes sense. Remember when the Rumble winner got to pick between the WWE and WHC Title and you always went "well that's a no-brainer" or "which idiot picks the WHC over the WWE title?" I couldn't blame anyone for going after Nakamura instead of AJ though, makes perfect sense.

Yep, I'm watching. The card's weirdly laid out today - all the big names are at the top, but all the matches I'm most looking forward to are in the first half of the show (Honma/Makabe, Goto/Nagata, Shibata/Kojima). Interested to see how Cody Hall does, as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not expecting much from Cody, he's not been training all that long after all. Very much a work in progress. Most interested to see if he has his dad's natural charisma or not.

Hasney

Anyone else watching the New Japan Cup?

You know, they just did the opening trailer and showed the winner gets to challenge either for the IWGP Heavyweight, IC, or Never Openweight title.

And I honestly think no matter who the winner challenges, it makes sense. Remember when the Rumble winner got to pick between the WWE and WHC Title and you always went "well that's a no-brainer" or "which idiot picks the WHC over the WWE title?" I couldn't blame anyone for going after Nakamura instead of AJ though, makes perfect sense.

... Just reminded me of the time Senshi had a title shot for winning NXT... And used it on an IC title match.

Obviously fared better than Johnny Curtis in terms of title shot as he was supposed to get a tag title shot with his pro of R-Truth, but then Truth turned heel.

That Tombstone into the pool was cringe worthy and it all approached yard tard level shit.

NXT was great. I was going to say good but that last match put it over the top for me.

Adam Rose is actually great? Had no idea! Told a great story in the ring even if the match was really short. I actually enjoyed seeing him there.

Tag match was good. Made the champs look strong with those 2 big tag moves while still making the up and coming talent look strong by getting in a ton of strong spots/moves of their own. No need for a burial, just make both teams look strong and you leave the losers with some good rep from when they do actually rise to the top level in NXT. Again, felt a little short.

Corbin squash was okay, nothing worthwhile really. I think his finisher looks great and will go over with the Raw crowd really well. His ring work was generally boring though.

Solomon Crowe looks like an oompa loompa. Dude oozes energy though, can't help but like him for trying to keep the pace high. Odd to say but he seems small from the few matches I've seen. Bull actually came out looking pretty great, had some great spots and it was better than the Corbin matches he had. Finish was shit.

Banks & Charlotte were great as expected. Banks was heel as fuck with the early attempt to bail and then using the ropes for the pin. Simple storytelling stuff like that will resonate when people talk about her match from here on out. She's a heel doing heel shit and that's interesting to people.

If that's
Crowe
's finisher it looks stupid and weak as fuck, maybe one of the dumbest, least effective looking finishers I've seen in awhile.

Top Bottom