• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Hasney

So WWE is asking the fans who do they want to eat an RKO.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/polls/which-superstar-do-you-most-enjoy-get-an-rko-outta-nowhere

Right now Rollins is winning by a landslide, Reigns is #2 though, which tells us that he is the second biggest heel in the company in the fans' eyes.

Eh, there should only be one winner of that poll until Rollins does something to top it (which he will).

SbjXm.gif

YXlW7.gif

Bonus best 2 by guys not on the poll

2316180_o.gif

884020_o.gif

StevieWhite

The biggest takeaway I have from NXT recently is that they can do a great authority figure.

While you are correct that Regal is well-cast and well-written in his role, I'm surprised that anybody would consider that their "biggest" takeaway with all the other fantastic stuff going on right now.

Hasney

While you are correct that Regal is well-cast and well-written in his role, I'm surprised that anybody would consider that their "biggest" takeaway with all the other fantastic stuff going on right now.

I missed out saying "the first minute of NXT".

I mean, I enjoyed Regal in his Raw stints, but this is much better written.

Hasney

Jason Alberts just used the word unrelentless.

Urge to kill rising....

Have you read WWE's Facebook page comments? Thousands of people with the mind sets of 8 year olds, it's fascinating.

Have you been on <social media platform/YouTube> for <any subject>? Thousands of people with the mind sets of 8 year olds, it's fascinating.

bjork

Are these Nash/Roman comparisons supposed to be Diesel as the champ and Roman now? Or are they saying Diesel wasn't ready either when he got main evented?

Alucard

Banned
So, my wife and I put an offer down for a house last night. Went 16,000 below the asking price, which is equal to the municipal assessment price. Hoping they counter by around 8,000 higher and we'll accept from there. Exciting times, but tons of paperwork and throwing around of money is incoming.

Browny

Banned
The not ready part.

Looking back, Diesel's title win was utter bollocks and did no favours to anyone. Backlund would've passed the title over in a decent match on a PPV (or even Raw) - but to do it at a house show was just laughable.

Edit: good going Alucard - hopefully all goes to plan. Owning your own place seems expensive for the first few years, but once you see the mortgage coming down, you realise that you're going to own them bricks outright. Plus decorating and suchlike is good fun!

bjork

The not ready part.

He had already had an IC run and did a couple of big PPV matches as a singles star and he was over. Jobbing out Backlund on a house show and then turning on Superstars to see the title change, I've always felt was a mix of "how do we sell a PPV with Backlund as champ" and the old "anything can happen in the WWF" tagline, which wasn't really a good thing.

But he was way more ready. At least from an experience standpoint.

Gonzalez

Banned
He had already had an IC run and did a couple of big PPV matches as a singles star and he was over. Jobbing out Backlund on a house show and then turning on Superstars to see the title change, I've always felt was a mix of "how do we sell a PPV with Backlund as champ" and the old "anything can happen in the WWF" tagline, which wasn't really a good thing.

But he was way more ready. At least from an experience standpoint.
I think he would have been a nice champ for a bit. But to be put into the position of being "The Man"? Hell no was he not ready, and he never became ready in WCW.

Talking about this always makes me wonder how different things would have been if Razor was given Diesel's push.

bjork

I think he would have been a nice champ for a bit. But to be put into the position of being "The Man"? Hell no was he not ready, and he never became ready in WCW.

Talking about this always makes me wonder how different things would have been if Razor was given Diesel's push.

I know my mom would've loved this. Razor and HBK were her dudes, and I think I would've much rather had her doing Razor impressions instead of HBK posing at me when he beat Bret and shit.

Alucard

Banned
Honestly mate, I wouldn't count on an entire week of no spoilers.

Well, at least until Saturday or Sunday then. Hidden spoilers are fine. After that...yeah. Can't be doing hidden spoilers forever.

I hope to catch up on stuff by the weekend.

what's rollins doing at mania? vs orton, right? that's gonna be a good match, man.

so when does orton reveal his very sneaky plan?

they shouldn't even really have done the sneaky plan thing cos he was red hot when he returned and now everyone's just confused, and when he turns properly it'll be good, but kind of dampens his heat from where it was cos it goes like this

- orton's a good guy!
- hooray!
- well no not really. aww.
- okay no, he actually is.
- oh, uh, hooray, right!?

it's both totally obvious and too complicated, it doesn't work. everybody wants to cheer orton which is not something you can always say, so just let him run with it. hopefully he turns properly asap and stays that way until it's boring. he should definitely remain an asshole face though.

i mean for a show that allows last minute rewrites from scratch even during shows, they really don't seem to use crowd reactions to their advantage ever. they just arbitrarily decide things behind the scenes and don't seem to react much to what the crowd wants, or if they do, it's delayed, by which point people are less excited about it.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

5ui2DvM.jpg

what do you think, was Cena a Nintendo guy or more of a Playstation guy back in the 90's?

Last time I talked to him as part of Make-A-Wish he was a SNES guy. We had HB Toss Left (infamous Madden play from the Madden SNES games) stories to tell.

I was going to say something but you got it.

NFL & NBA have gone full WWE. It's really funny in many ways.

Well this news will probably not make people happy here:

People have to admit that Reigns is definitely popular to a lot of fans. We all love Meltzer's article about WWE and Luger/Hart vs Reigns/Bryan, but no one wanted to believe him when he said that the Superstar of the Year voting was NOT rigged and Reigns won legit.

So the real reason Ambrose is getting jobbed out and doesn't care is because he already won at life. With Renee.

Speaking of intergender matches... THIS match will probably be better than at least 80% of all the all-male matches in the indies on the weekend it goes down:

WUPGfdP.jpg

I'm so on the bandwagon these days with Jessica...

IMG_2211_sm_sm.jpg

This tiny girl can bring the violence. Her last two Inspire Pro matches, a victory over Kimber Lee, and a loss to "The Mountain" Vanessa Kraven, (her first loss since returning to Inspire Pro from Japan) have been real good striking/wrestling matches.

Damn, that Psylocke outfit is awesome. I kind of want to see that now.

Aiii

So not worth it
They're doing the "we're in New Jersey, but we'll pretend we're in New York, because New York is way too expensive for us" thing again, huh?

Top Bottom