• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

They're in the Barclays Centre again.

Doing pretty well show wise this year, with that Rev Pro show added, I'm still on track for at least 1 show a month all year.

New Paige
ElduzpI.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots, I see you're getting up to "Precious Giver" status in the tumblr njpw fanart community.

Fuck, I forgot my oats.

Water for breakfast I guess.

Fuck breakfast. Breakfast makes you a fatass. You don't want to be a fatass.

Rock Band 4 is coming, brotherjackdudes!

Fuck Rock Band.

yeah that's a cool summer logo.

have the wwe ever done a one night televised event located in two places?

i think it would be cool to have a show where the card is split between two venues. like california/new york or whatever you want. it would create a big atmosphere i think. just have to make sure each show is worth it individually, but heck, people pay to go to raw.

this is a visionary idea. wow. i'm a smart boy.

Guzim

i think it would be cool to have a show where the card is split between two venues. like california/new york or whatever you want. it would create a big atmosphere i think. just have to make sure each show is worth it individually, but heck, people pay to go to raw.

Wrestlemania 2 was in three locations.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
some surprising results at New Japan Cup

Yeah. I had an inkling about Yano going over, I'm pleased to see they didn't just boot him out. Firstly, because Biff Tannenhashi doesn't need the win, so he can job out anytime - glad it keeps Yano in there as he always always ALWAYS is there to fuck up tournaments. I really like him a bunch for that. He kind of reminds me of how I play competitive games - I'm not going to beat anyone good, so I rely on mind games to either surprise the shit out of them or frustrate the hell out of them. That was how I played Starcraft 2, at least...

Hasney

Wrestlemania II was at 3 locations.

EDIT: Dammit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There was some spoiler discussion going round earlier, might want to spoiler tag/link those to avoid wrath.

Spoilers? Why? It already happened. Who's upset? If you're upset go watch it now! I'll go re-tag my shit but that's a little extreeeeeeeme.

I'm kinda glad they're continuing with Okada's fall. I hoped Fale would move on. Glad Ibushi won. Glad most of the Bullet Club didn't get anywhere. Most of em at least.

I'd say no. More of a mess than it should have been. Not worth doing.

Hm. I'd check it out, but I don't really give a shit about any wrestling a few years prior to the point of my entry, so I wouldn't be able to tell if it was good or not since I wouldn't care about any of the stars or matches.

I just feel like the WWE is really lacking in atmosphere in the current era. Obviously Wrestlemania has atmosphere, and I understand that the lack of it (which is caused by generic sets for every show) is due to reducing costs, but it's too big a sacrifice to the overall quality of the entertainment, I think.

They use the term WWE Universe nowadays, but wrestling feels really small. The world of the WWE has been reduced to primarily one large room (the experience of watching on TV is identical regardless of it's georgraphical location, except for varying crowd participation). Backstage has even been standardised to primarily one set which looks identical every show - a curtain, and a couple widescreen TVs that say the name of the show on them. Their branding is seemingly the only thing which exists in the world of WWE now, whereas before there was a lot of weird shit lying around, different shapes, lighting schemes, and backstage would change up slightly from week to week using the venue itself and occasionally it's surrounding areas and car packs.

There was just more to the interior world. It'd make things feel a little less flat if they put some money and effort into expanding out and suggesting that what you see on screen is not everything there is to the 'WWE Universe', and that it will be the same every week. I think this might be as big a reason for the lacklustre feeling PPVs, and really all of their shows except Wrestlemania, give off, as any problems with the actual storylines and booking - which have really always been shit, a few stand out characters aside.

jmdajr

So talking about WWE Demise yesterday. That was some good fan fiction.

But going back to that topic, if WWE were to vanish and wrestling entertainment disappeared from the national spectrum, how many less people would be inspired to to become professional wrestlers? I'm thinking quite a bit. I'm pretty sure one way or another most of the folks at NXT and Indy business were at one point or another sucked into pro wrestling because of WWE or yes, WCW. That was the first hit. Then... they dug deeper.

I think of say.. a band like Metallica. Fan listens to Metallica and then slowly transitions into the mighty Slayer. More extreme. Faster. And then.. Slayer is not enough so now we are listening to fucking Cannibal Corpse. Said fan is now at a 500 crowd packed CC club show with all these crazy fucks in the mosh pit and thinks to himself, "why did I even listen to Metallica in the first place? This is much better!" And yet, same dude at the Cannibal Corpse show still goes to see Metallica just to get in the pit when they play Battery even though everyone else is just waiting for fucking Enter Sandman. Whatever the case, he didn't get in that spot without first listening to Metallica at some point and thinking "this is cool, I want more."

Oh. And you also have Cannibal Corpse on stage thinking they wouldn't mind playing in front of a fan base as huge as Metallica but they ain't never gonna record a song like Nothing Else Matters. And like wise, Chris Hero would love to perform in front of tens of thousands in an arena with millions watching at home. But there is no way he is selling out to his true dream of being a fat fuck.

So yeah. WWE inspires dreamers, like ROMAN! It is Roman Reigns dream to perform in front of millions. He ain't doing no bingo hall. Daniel Bryan on the other hand would be fine with it though since he doesn't even think he's all that great. He told Vince himself. D. Bryan does his best, while Reigns thinks he is the best.

So what's the point of all this? Not sure. I forgot my damn breakfast.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hm. I'd check it out, but I don't really give a shit about any wrestling a few years prior to the point of my entry, so I wouldn't be able to tell if it was good or not since I wouldn't care about any of the stars or matches.

I just feel like the WWE is really lacking in atmosphere in the current era. Obviously Wrestlemania has atmosphere, and I understand that the lack of it (which is caused by generic sets for every show) is due to reducing costs, but it's too big a sacrifice to the overall quality of the entertainment, I think.

They use the term WWE Universe nowadays, but wrestling feels really small. The world of the WWE has been reduced to primarily one large room (the experience of watching on TV is identical regardless of it's georgraphical location, except for varying crowd participation). Backstage has even been standardised to primarily one set which looks identical every show - a curtain, and a couple widescreen TVs that say the name of the show on them. Their branding is seemingly the only thing which exists in the world of WWE now, whereas before there was a lot of weird shit lying around, different shapes, lighting schemes, and backstage would change up slightly from week to week using the venue itself and occasionally it's surrounding areas and car packs.

There was just more to the interior world. It'd make things feel a little less flat if they put some money and effort into expanding out and suggesting that what you see on screen is not everything there is to the 'WWE Universe', and that it will be the same every week. I think this might be as big a reason for the lacklustre feeling PPVs, and really all of their shows except Wrestlemania, give off, as any problems with the actual storylines and booking - which have really always been shit, a few stand out characters aside.

The big issues with a split crowd like that are, well, wtf does Team A do while they wait on Team B? Audiences? They're not excited for the whole show. It's just too much to keep together and there's so many challenges.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yup.

Will have to wait until whenever I get an XB1 though. No way am I just throwing away £100's of purchases.

I'll have to survive without my 360 purchases, I guess. No way I'm gonna buy those all over again.

Just found RB3 for PS3 for 9,99 on a 2nd hand webshop, so that'll do.

bjork

The big issues with a split crowd like that are, well, wtf does Team A do while they wait on Team B? Audiences? They're not excited for the whole show. It's just too much to keep together and there's so many challenges.

Heck, even at WM12, when they were showing Piper/Goldust in the backlot, I remember the crowd being confused. They showed the outdoor bits on the big screen thing over the ring, but the people at ringside got televisions wheeled down, like you'd have in a science class or something. Hard to be too into something like that. It was great when they showed up at the arena later, but that definitely didn't happen with Wrestlemania 2.

Friends.

Fuck plastic instruments.

I'm only into game instruments made for Konami games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends.

Fuck plastic instruments.

ESPECIALLY a whole band setup. Nothing says "I'm a fuck" quite like a whole array of things that don't play music. Resist the urge to play Harmonix's shitty competitor to the true god of music games, Guitar Hero. Focus on the guitar only, and it ain't so bad.

Heck, even at WM12, when they were showing Piper/Goldust in the backlot, I remember the crowd being confused. They showed the outdoor bits on the big screen thing over the ring, but the people at ringside got televisions wheeled down, like you'd have in a science class or something. Hard to be too into something like that. It was great when they showed up at the arena later, but that definitely didn't happen with Wrestlemania 2.

For sure.

Spoilers? Why? It already happened. Who's upset? If you're upset go watch it now! I'll go re-tag my shit but that's a little extreeeeeeeme.

I'm kinda glad they're continuing with Okada's fall. I hoped Fale would move on. Glad Ibushi won. Glad most of the Bullet Club didn't get anywhere. Most of em at least.

Oh, I don't care, I'm not watching the show, but I guess guys that are haven't had chance yet, work and things like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well here's a huge spoiler for you.

The NJ Cup looks interesting after the first round. Very interesting.

XenoRaven

ESPECIALLY a whole band setup. Nothing says "I'm a fuck" quite like a whole array of things that don't play music. Resist the urge to play Harmonix's shitty competitor to the true god of music games, Guitar Hero. Focus on the guitar only, and it ain't so bad.

For sure.
But the drums are fun...

Also I haven't had a chance to watch NJ Cup yet so I'd like to go in surprised.

That said, Yano winning is no surprise. Dude could beat anyone on the roster in a tournament and just mess everything up. Glad bitch ass Tanahashi went down though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Get ready to deal with the Man of Steel.

Get ready to deal with Superstar Billy Graham and the pythons, baby.

/cuts promo with spiders on face
superstar9tarantula.JPG

Raw64life

Plastic instruments in 2015

Also interesting results to the NJ Cup.

Forgot the first round was yesterday and I already know too much now.

And fuck plastic instruments. Never got the appeal of those games, hated when all my friends were playing it, and was so happy to see the fad die. Please let this revival attempt be a spectacular failure.

Aiii

So not worth it
And fuck plastic instruments. Never got the appeal of those games, hated when all my friends were playing it, and was so happy to see the fad die. Please let this revival attempt be a spectacular failure.

Because fuck other people enjoying something you don't?

Or something?

Forgot the first round was yesterday and I already know too much now.

You sound like a lot of fun.

1379116895012.jpg

Top Bottom