• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

No clue about NJPW Cup. Going to try to do my best to avoid spoilers.

Slowly working up my Majin character in Xenoverse. Starting to get into it more and more. And and Empires. Too much fun.

XenoRaven

Fuck the hype. Fuck what you heard. There's only one true music game.

rocksmith-bundle-xbox.jpg

FACT.
This game is cool but there's this slight input delay that could never get rid of and it really through me off.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rock Band killed the plastic toy guitar industry with its me tooness. I guess they've come back to do it again.

Sephzilla

No clue about NJPW Cup. Going to try to do my best to avoid spoilers.

Slowly working up my Majin character in Xenoverse. Starting to get into it more and more. And and Empires. Too much fun.

I need to finish some more PQs so i can get the one that drops the Super Vegeta 2 skill. After I get that my damage output will hit ridiculous tier.

Rock Band killed the plastic toy guitar industry with its me tooness. I guess they've come back to do it again.

Guitar Hero was putting out new releases on an average rate of every 2 months. Rock Band wasn't what killed the genre.

Ithil

Forgot the first round was yesterday and I already know too much now.

And fuck plastic instruments. Never got the appeal of those games, hated when all my friends were playing it, and was so happy to see the fad die. Please let this revival attempt be a spectacular failure.

If you don't play them, what does it matter to you whether they're "in" or not?

I need to finish some more PQs so i can get the one that drops the Super Vegeta 2 skill. After I get that my damage output will hit ridiculous tier.

Guitar Hero was putting out new releases on an average rate of every 2 months. Rock Band wasn't what killed the genre.

I've pretty much put all my stats in Health and Stamina. I have like 1 or 2 points in strikes and ultimate strikes or whatever. Level 10.

Sephzilla

I've pretty much put all my stats in Health and Stamina. I have like 1 or 2 points in strikes and ultimate strikes or whatever. Level 10.

Sounds like you're on the right path. Majins are tanks at high levels.

I'm level 72 and I have like 75 points dumped into Ki Supers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Rock Band added the extra pointless instruments, eventually forcing GH to step it up. By the end Rock Band had what, four releases a year?

They also had the nerve to put out that idiotic Beatles version thinking it would break all sales records when no kids out there want to be playing none of that Beatles. The New Generation wanted none of that.

People love Rock Band for a bunch of reasons but they're the ones that doomed the industry.

Sephzilla

Rock Band added the extra pointless instruments, eventually forcing GH to step it up. By the end Rock Band had what, four releases a year?

They also had the nerve to put out that idiotic Beatles version thinking it would break all sales records when no kids out there want to be playing none of that Beatles. The New Generation wanted none of that.

People love Rock Band for a bunch of reasons but they're the ones that doomed the industry.

Um, what? There are only like 5 or 6 Rock Band games total (RB1, RB2, RB3, Beatles, Green Day, and Lego). And 4 of them didn't come out in the same year. I think your mind crossed the streams and confused Guitar Hero with Rock Band.

Sounds like you're on the right path. Majins are tanks at high levels.

I'm level 72 and I have like 75 points dumped into Ki Supers.

That is the plan. I think there are some health regen items as well. Gonna run with that for a bit. Really enjoying my PS4 right now. I think I want to get a Shield so I can stream games to my TV from my PC but I have no clue how good the streaming is.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rock Band was more about the DLC model, while Guitar Hero was on the prime CoD yearly rotation model that killed the plastic-instrument gaming business.

Aiii

So not worth it
That is the plan. I think there are some health regen items as well. Gonna run with that for a bit. Really enjoying my PS4 right now. I think I want to get a Shield so I can stream games to my TV from my PC but I have no clue how good the streaming is.

I have an Xperia Z3 for PS4 streaming.

And I wanted to play Xenoverse on it.

BUT YOU CAN'T! For some weird reason Xenoverse is literally the only game that doesn't support Remote Play.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rock Band 1-3, Green Day, Beatles, Lego, Blitz, then a bunch of track packs, the same thing as most of the GH sequels you decry. They released 7 main games in four years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yall just makin' shit up about GH because RB is everything people complain about except "It's Rock Band I love it!" so you give that shit a pass.

On an unrelated note, that One Piece mobile game is pretty fucking dope.

Sephzilla

Rock Band 1-3, Green Day, Beatles, Lego, Blitz, then a bunch of track packs, the same thing as most of the GH sequels you decry. They released 7 main games in four years.

Why are you counting add-ons as full releases? They aren't. Those were literally just disc versions of things you could buy as DLC.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yall just makin' shit up about GH because RB is everything people complain about except "It's Rock Band I love it!" so you give that shit a pass.

On an unrelated note, that One Piece mobile game is pretty fucking dope.

Hey, I like both, I prefer the GH guitars and GH Metallica was a gift from the gods.

But Rock Band overall was the better game, the gameplay was better, the note layout was better and transferring all the old games tracks and DLC to the new games was really great as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you counting add-ons as full releases? They aren't. Those were literally just disc versions of things you could buy as DLC.

What? Which of these are add-ons? Just the track packs, right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Just like most GH releases you're complaining about were sold as disc only Band/Genre specific track packs.

Fact is Rock Band came second, made 7 main releases in 4 years, about the same as GH, and killed the industry.

Sephzilla

What? Which of these are add-ons?

His "and a bunch of track packs" line. All of those were just disc versions of stuff you could download online. They basically existed for people with shitty internet.

Just like most GH releases you're complaining about were sold as disc only Band/Genre specific track packs.

Fact is Rock Band came second, made 7 main releases in 4 years, about the same as GH, and killed the industry.

You're still comparing apples to oranges. You're comparing disc based add-ons to full on releases.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Zactly. They both contributed to it. RB gets a pass because it wasn't made by the big bad evil Activision. Boo hoo

His "and a bunch of track packs" line. All of those were just disc versions of stuff you could download online. They basically existed for people with shitty internet.

Why would you have a game console if you didn't have the internet?

Sephzilla

Zactly. They both contributed to it. RB gets a pass because it wasn't made by the big bad evil Activision. Boo hoo

RB also gets a pass because it was made by the people who made GH famous. Not activision's nWo B-Team that shat out all of the later games.

RB is basically the true Guitar Hero 3.

Aiii

So not worth it
Does it really matter though, we're finally getting another music game and the hiatus was pretty good for business in that it allowed for people to get over being tired of the product and interest is now back for more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To play games.

You may as well play grandpa games if you don't have the internet. Play your games like a grandpa.

RB also gets a pass because it was made by the people who made GH famous. Not activision's nWo B-Team that shat out all of the later games.

RB is basically the true Guitar Hero 3.

Which is why people judge RB unfairly, and GH unfairly. They're pretending they can tell a difference between the developers.

Does it really matter though, we're finally getting another music game and the hiatus was pretty good for business in that it allowed for people to get over being tired of the product and interest is now back for more.

I don't at ALL think people got over it. I think the same weird obsessive c-words that never stopped playing them will continue to get the new shit and be a non-issue when it comes to gaming trends.

Sephzilla

Oh, you're one of those.

Um, one of those people who lives in reality?

Which is why people judge RB unfairly, and GH unfairly. They're pretending they can tell a difference between the developers.

RB actually moved things forward with introducing new instruments and making a DLC model that actually worked (which is still kind of rare in gaming). GH ended up playing catch-up after RB proved that the multi-instrument thing worked.

I just want to clarify that I'd be 100% okay with Guitar Hero returning if they learn from some of their previous mistakes.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't at ALL think people got over it. I think the same weird obsessive c-words that never stopped playing them will continue to get the new shit and be a non-issue when it comes to gaming trends.

We shall see, I think that after 5 years there's gonna be interest in these games. They've always been great games to play when you have a few friends over for drinks and fun imo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RB actually moved things forward with introducing new instruments and making a DLC model that actually worked (which is still kind of rare in gaming). GH ended up playing catch-up after RB proved that the multi-instrument thing worked.

I just want to clarify that I'd be 100% okay with Guitar Hero returning if they learn from some of their previous mistakes.

L-O-L

What do you mean DLC model that actually worked? They both started selling packs, then moved to individual tracks. What about it "didn't work" - motherfuckers makin up shit.

All this arguing when you can actually look this up:

Rock Band
Rock Band - 2007
Rock Band 2 - 2008
The Beatles: Rock Band - 2009
LEGO Rock Band: 2009
Rock Band Unplugged - 2009
Rock Band 3 - 2010
Green Day: Rock Band - 2010
Rock Band Blitz: 2012
Total: 8

Track packs: