• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Sephzilla

L-O-L

What do you mean DLC model that actually worked? They both started selling packs, then moved to individual tracks. What about it "didn't work" - motherfuckers makin up shit.

Rock Band started the individual track model WAY before Guitar Hero did. And on top of that Rock Band had the added perk of being able to import previous games songs and DLC tracks into the newer version of the game. Again, way before Guitar Hero started doing it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God, that PSP Rock Band game was so bad. So was Blitz. Dogshit of the highest degree.

Rock Band started the individual track model WAY before Guitar Hero did. And on top of that Rock Band had the added perk of being able to import previous games songs and DLC tracks into the newer version of the game. Again, way before Guitar Hero started doing it.

You're making up shit again. I remember individual tracks for GH2. Either right before or immediately after RB released and before they stopped doing track packs, which took some months.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If music games are returning, I want skateboard games to return too. Skate or Die! reboot please.

Dumb delusional dummies are hyped about Tony Hawk's Molyneux impressions. Like they didn't learn shit from HD.

I'm still waiting on Skate. 4

tumblr_nkpz1uRNWN1so9o3no1_500.gif

sting_hof6.gif
Joker Sting would have dodged that.

bjork

I've had more fun with it than I thought I would

It has consumed my free time. I finally hit pirate level 60 this morning. The only way I'd play this more is if it were based on Crows x Worst.

Dumb delusional dummies are hyped about Tony Hawk's Molyneux impressions. Like they didn't learn shit from HD.

I'd even settle for an update to Street Surfer on C64.

Sephzilla

You may as well play grandpa games if you don't have the internet. Play your games like a grandpa.

Didn't Xbox One try to use this mindset? And didn't that backfire for them big time?

You're making up shit again. I remember individual tracks for GH2. Either right before or immediately after RB released and before they stopped doing track packs, which took some months.

You're only remembering 3 songs. Everything else was packs for GH2.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We should play some games. It feels like it has been forever.

It's been since we played VF5:FS for Fight of Fighters. It's been a while...

Didn't Xbox One try to use this mindset? And didn't that backfire for them big time?

Shouldn't have. People love to pretend shit upsets them when it doesn't. Fuck analogue gaming, board games can stick it, brother. ALL OF THEM.

You're only remembering 3 songs. Everything else was packs for GH2.

Oh, so those magically don't count? Ok.

between rock band and skate I actually spent my college years learning guitar and gigging and skateboarding. Everyone shits on EA but its worth noting that their games got me to start doing real ass things with my life other than leveling up in persona or some shit.

Skate 3's life action intro movie was amazing.

Rocksmith's fun, I just saw FELLOW WRASSLEGAFFER MR. LUCHADOR RIGHT HERE, IN THE OT FOR IT. *thumbs up* yesterday, but you have to be smart about how you use it to really get the most out of it.

jred2k

I'm with Aii, I think the 5 year hiatus + new console hardware is going to help these games a ton.

Getting people together to play something as a group has gotten more popular too. I think board games regaining popularity is partially because people are like "Oh yeah. I should see my friends too and not just text with them."

Bandini

How was NXT last night, btw? Didn't get around to playing it due to shopping and playing GTA with my girlfriend

It wasn't bad at all, fun match with Breeze and Rose, and one of the rosebuds was a thick dark girl who I hadn't seen before, mmm. Good Enzo and Cass promo, excellent main event between Sasha and Charlotte. Stuff I didn't like: the battle of the two worst looking guys in NXT and another boring Corbin match. Oh, almost forgot, fantastic promo from Canada by Zayn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I rarely even feel like playing modern games if I don't have internet. Feels like I'm missing a big component of the game. Even if it's something as simple as being able to see what my friends are up to. I say this as a single player gamer too.

All this arguing when you can actually look this up:

Rock Band
Rock Band - 2007
Rock Band 2 - 2008
The Beatles: Rock Band - 2009
LEGO Rock Band: 2009
Rock Band Unplugged - 2009
Rock Band 3 - 2010
Green Day: Rock Band - 2010
Rock Band Blitz: 2012
Total: 8

Track packs:
Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 1 - 2008
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack - 2008
Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2 - 2008
Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock - 2009
Rock Band Country Track Pack - 2009
Rock Band Metal Track Pack - 2009
Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 - 2011
Total: 7

Unplugged and blitz are spin offs, I wouldn't count them in the main game list. The AC/DC track pack got a huge marketing push so if you were arguing numbers for saturation that might as well have been a main release.

Sephzilla

If you want a good skateboarding game I wouldn't wait for skate 4.

stake 4 will without a doubt be an amazing glitch simulator though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've spent well over 100 hours on Skate 2. It's a much more quality skateboarding game than Tony Hawk because Tony Hawk is just an arcade game with a skateboarding aesthetic.

Skate is everything I did in high school, complete with finding random spots in the world and saying, 'I'm going to figure out how to jump over that.' Easily a top game of all time for me.

Sephzilla

I've spent well over 100 hours on Skate 2. It's a much more quality skateboarding game than Tony Hawk because Tony Hawk is just an arcade game with a skateboarding aesthetic.

Skate is everything I did in high school, complete with finding random spots in the world and saying, 'I'm going to figure out how to jump over that.' Easily a top game of all time for me.

You're right about this

I think a fair comparison would be like saying Tony Hawk was Burnout and Skate was more Forza

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

This might be why I could never get into it. My brother was a skater and I hated it.

miserable

Guys i've been thinking about something: hypothetically speaking, if one day Cena walks out of WWE and along with him a couple of other top stars, what are the chances of them starting a new promotion that would be successful, a la the AJPW guys when they walked out and started NOAH? And what would they need to be successful? (besides TV time and investors with money to burn of course)

Hasney

That's exactly it. Being able to grab shit in the later ones helped that even more as you could drag a ramp and just go "I can jump over these cars with this easy".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i've been thinking about something: hypothetically speaking, if one day Cena walks out of WWE and along with him a couple of other top stars, what are the chances of them starting a new promotion that would be successful, a la the AJPW guys when they walked out and started NOAH? And what would they need to be successful? (besides TV time and investors with money to burn of course)

I can't even think about this concept yet. That's a...yknow, I don't think he could. Obviously it depends on what other people leave with him, but what would it actually offer? Cena is (like Steph said) just a piece of the WWE, the WWE is not just a piece of Cena.

Sephzilla

I can't even think about this concept yet. That's a...yknow, I don't think he could. Obviously it depends on what other people leave with him, but what would it actually offer? Cena is (like Steph said) just a piece of the WWE, the WWE is not just a piece of Cena.

I think if Cena left and went to a new promotion or started a new promotion, it would be successful. However, I don't think it would have the same impact that Hogan leaving for WCW had for WCW.

Toki767

Lana's going to be off of WWE TV to film a movie for WWE. Wish WWE would stop trying with those movies. It only ends up hurting their main TV product.

I would bet they would make a group that is similar to TNA from everything to looks to talent caste system. It costs a lot to get a show off the ground and there doesn't seem to be all that much money or major channel interest if you're not the WWE.

Sephzilla

Lana's going to be off of WWE TV to film a movie for WWE. Wish WWE would stop trying with those movies. It only ends up hurting their main TV product.

What the fuck is WWE's obsession with yanking stars off TV right as they're over or have a ton of heat? Ambrose goes to do a movie just as Ambrose/Rollins is red hot. Lana going off to do a movie just as she has a shitload of heat. Didn't they also want Punk to do a movie when he was huge too?

I bet the stars love the time off.

I doubt filming a movie is really that much of a vacation.

WWE needs an offseason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck is WWE's obsession with yanking stars off TV right as they're over or have a ton of heat? Ambrose goes to do a movie just as Ambrose/Rollins is red hot. Lana going off to do a movie just as she has a shitload of heat. Didn't they also want Punk to do a movie when he was huge too?

Production hasn't started yet, so they can build something around it.

jmdajr

It would fail like the XFL.

Carnby

Summer Slam is at the Barclays Center! I'm going to buy tickets. Yes!

Ooooooh oh oh ooooooh oh oh Summer Slam-ia.

jmdajr

Speaking of Carny biz, the Circus will no longer be using Elephants. Progress no?

What carny shit will be the next to go from WWE?

Top Bottom