• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Sokantish

Whatcha gonna do about it, Sweet Treat?
qthsyJi.gif

Lets just say that Omerta is dead!

Sephzilla

So I guess I'll be going to Mania to witness Reigns' crowning moment before he fail to be a draw.

What do we think the SummerSlam main event is even going to be? I was thinking Reigns vs Cena, but considering the market they'll be in, that might get crapped on pretty badly.

After Roman tanks as champ he'll hand the belt off to Rusev a month or two before Summer Slam and the main event for Summer Slam will be Rusev vs John Cena for the United States of the World Heavyweight Super Ultra Undisputed Better Than Ric Flair Championship. And Cena overcomes the odds and beats Rusev, Roman will come out to hug Cena, Rusev will shake his hand and declare that America is actually alright, Vince will come out and raise Cena's hand, and finally THE VIGILANTE STING will come down from the rafters to declare that John Cena was superior to everything in WCW.

The End.

Heroman

Banned
So I guess I'll be going to Mania to witness Reigns' crowning moment before he fail to be a draw.

What do we think the SummerSlam main event is even going to be? I was thinking Reigns vs Cena, but considering the market they'll be in, that might get crapped on pretty badly.
Cena vs reigns seem s like a WM match to be honest and by the SS regins might not be the guy that he is right now.

Wrestlecon just announced that theyre doing Aerostar vs Andrew Everett vs Jack Evans. That's one hell of a match

There is a wreslecon?

Bowser

I'm thinking Rollins as champ vs. Reigns with Reigns getting the title (after a lengthy chase throughout the summer after Rollins cashes in at Raw after Mania).

Yeah I watch PWG, ROH, LU, Progress, etc but would love to check out some Canadian feds and I honestly prefer dvds but am ok with downloads too. Been thinking of checking out AAW and AIW lately and may drive up to check out a Dreamwave show soon.

There's lots of fun stuff going on in Canada right now. I've been watching more UK scene and Canada scene lately than I ever have in the past. I mainly like the promotions that are building their own local stars, rather than the ones that are just flying a bunch of out-of-town indy "names" and relying heavily on that to draw fans. "Dream matches" and stuff are great, but I like seeing talent and gimmicks I don't see everywhere else.

Anyone check out beyond wrestling?

Also evolve has been great lately. Show this Saturday looks rad.
Special Challenge Match
Davey Richards vs. Anthony Nese
It's half of the American Wolves vs. half of the DGUSA Tag Team Champs

Grudge Match
Chris Hero vs. Drew Gulak
Gulak gets his chance at Hero after the cheap shot at the end of the Style Battle Tournament

Title Match On The Line
Biff Busick vs. Caleb Konley
The winner of this one will be able to book themselves in any title match they want

Special Attraction Match
AR Fox vs. Matt Cage
Cage is looking to make a name for himself against the former EVOLVE Champion

Tag Team Action
Team Tremendous of Dan Barry & Bill Carr vs. Larry Dallas' New Team

I keep up with them pretty consistently. Speaking of which:

Pre-order "King Of Arts" high definition raw footage for only $10 (http://bit.ly/Raw-Footage) before 2pm tomorrow afternoon and we'll donate 100% of proceeds to Boston University School of Medicine toward CTE research. Watch the show everyone is talking about and support a good cause!

I just ordered that.

I haven't been that into Evolve lately. Don't really know why, since the matches are usually good. Maybe it's their crowd or something...

There's lots of fun stuff going on in Canada right now. I've been watching more UK scene and Canada scene lately than I ever have in the past. I mainly like the promotions that are building their own local stars, rather than the ones that are just flying a bunch of out-of-town indy "names" and relying heavily on that to draw fans. "Dream matches" and stuff are great, but I like seeing talent and gimmicks I don't see everywhere else.

That exactly what I am getting at! Looking for homegrown stars more than dream matches. Its why I enjoy the Progress product so much as it's all top tier talent embroiled in well booked feuds. So anything that fits that bill mostly, though homegrown guys vs the occassional fly in can be fun like Samoa Joe vs Rampage Brown at Progress chapter 14

Mahonay

Banned
After Roman tanks as champ he'll hand the belt off to Rusev a month or two before Summer Slam and the main event for Summer Slam will be Rusev vs John Cena for the United States of the World Heavyweight Super Ultra Undisputed Better Than Ric Flair Championship. And Cena overcomes the odds and beats Rusev, Roman will come out to hug Cena, Rusev will shake his hand and declare that America is actually alright, Vince will come out and raise Cena's hand, and finally THE VIGILANTE STING will come down from the rafters to declare that John Cena was superior to everything in WCW.

The End.
Are you Metsfan!?

jmdajr

So I saw the GF gold banner while visiting a thread, what does it mean? I always thought it was a joke, is it?

not a joke, it's definitely paid for itself with what's added. easiest sub I've ever made. Gotta PM Evilore about it though if you want it as it isn't publicized.

What do you get out of it? Or I mean what's added.

PM Evilore about it, I don't really think I should be citing the specific features beyond the other subforums and enhanced tools

Sunny is trolling you

That's a bold claim, Sokantish.

Sting and Hulk Hogan codes for WWE 2k15.

Nah, I'm just messing with you. I don't pay for shit here.

Thank you Sok. Yes, it was all a big joke. Ha ha...ha...just a joke, friends. JUST A JOKE. THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
47u0YFI.gif

Stop picking on my good friend Liquidsnake

Whatcha gonna do about it, Sweet Treat?
qthsyJi.gif

Lets just say that Omerta is dead!

hmzSZNS_zps31a876a0.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

The End.
Thus making Cena the one who beat the one who beat the one who was the one in twenty one.

Jamie OD

Some sort of Cena & Sting Vs The Authority match and Reigns Vs Rusev.

What does BEYOND Wrestling mean by raw footage? No edits? No commentary?

It's unedited single camera footage (from the hard cam) in HD, with various wrestlers coming up to the balcony to do commentary on each match. Usually they're pretty good, even with only one camera, the only downside being if wrestlers do stuff on the floor below the hard cam it's impossible to see.

dream

Inspire Pro's card for the 22nd looks final. If you are a Central Texas wrassleGAFer, you know what to do. (I think front row already "sold out," but they usually release a handful of additional seats when the poster comes out.)

YshuBI6.jpg

Shit, Franco D'Angelo and Ray "Death" Rowe already look WWE-ready.

Also evolve has been great lately. Show this Saturday looks rad.

You forgot the main event:

Steel Cage Match - Non-Title - Must Be A Winner By Pinfall, Submission Or Knock Out
EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong

That match is going to be a war!

It's unedited single camera footage (from the hard cam) in HD, with various wrestlers coming up to the balcony to do commentary on each match. Usually they're pretty good, even with only one camera, the only downside being if wrestlers do stuff on the floor below the hard cam it's impossible to see.

Hmmmm I'm intrigued by this as the price is low and I hear good things.

Shit, Franco D'Angelo and Ray "Death" Rowe already look WWE-ready.

There's lots of "body guys" in Inspire Pro, actually.

Check out the roster page...Here. http://inspireprowrestling.com/talent-roster/

Franco and Ray are both great, but they need to stop getting into huge car wrecks and almost dying. LOL.

Actually, Carson is probably the most headscratchingly "why isn't this guy in NXT right now?" guy in the group...

It's not like a lot of indies where there's a ton of "T-shirt" guys. They have a trios faction of "t-shirt guys" called The Orphans, but they are "T-shirt guys" as a gimmick.

That exactly what I am getting at! Looking for homegrown stars more than dream matches. Its why I enjoy the Progress product so much as it's all top tier talent embroiled in well booked feuds. So anything that fits that bill mostly, though homegrown guys vs the occassional fly in can be fun like Samoa Joe vs Rampage Brown at Progress chapter 14

Yeah, Progress is especially good at this. It's one of my favorite things about Inspire Pro too. Yeah, they have shows where they bring in talent, but if you look at the poster above, I do believe everyone on that poster is a regular Inspire Pro talent that's currently located in Texas. And that show will be just as sold out as BattleWars was with all the Chikara guys.

I don't mean to drag ComicsGAF in here but this actually made me openly laugh.

Warner Bros. CEO says DC movies are edgier than Marvels and this fun little quote was in there.

Because an invulnerable alien, amazonian from a mystery island, green space power ranger, a guy who's so fast he can run back in time, and a martian need to be steeped in realism. DC movies need a fuckload more FnP in them.

Or that realism = Superman must kill.

Superboy Prime confirmed?

Wrestling question: What's the deal with Jado being NOAH's booker? Is NJPW involved?

dream

I have to catch a flight, so I can't watch an entire show. But I skimmed through some of "Light the Fuse 2014," and Inspire Pro Wrestling seems like a great company offering a great product. There's also the added bonus of having a fanbase that aren't idiotic jerks like the ones at "Full Sail University."

Wrestling question: What's the deal with Jado being NOAH's booker? Is NJPW involved?

New Japan's owners (Bushiroad) apparently bought a stake in NOAH, who have been struggling financially after they lost some of their backers in a yakuza scandal a few years back - I'm guessing part of the deal was to have Jado booking things the way they wanted.

I know Inspire Pro uses a few guys that are regulars in my local fed St. Louis Anarchy like JoJo Bravo and Davey Vega. Makes me want to check out more of what they have to offer. Been enjoying a lot of Davey Vegas recent work including his 60 min broadway with Gary Jay from the last Anarchy show.

I feel hesitant about Jado booking NOAH.

Hell, Marufuji already booked a bunch of stuff that'd make Misawa roll over in his grave (a tables match, for one) and the state of the heavyweight division is so bad I don't think there's any way that Jado could possibly make it worse. Hopefully he's booked Marufuji to drop the title to Suzuki.

Hell, Marufuji already booked a bunch of stuff that'd make Misawa roll over in his grave (a tables match, for one) and the state of the heavyweight division is so bad I don't think there's any way that Jado could possibly make it worse. Hopefully he's booked Marufuji to drop the title to Suzuki.

Yeah hopefully. Just please leave the juniors alone I like NOAH juniors.

And please God no bullet club

So what's the story with NOAH anyways? Is it like the de facto NXT to NJPW now (with AJPW sliding into the TNA role)?

It's way more complex. You've got New Japan at the top, Dragon Gate as the only genuine no.2 competitor in Japan, then you've got NOAH who are being helped by NJPW's money and talent to 3rd place and then AJPW & W-1 fighting for the scraps without realising that they're being overtaken by DDT. Then there's Z1, who exist in a weird bubble from the rest of pro-wrestling, BJW who do fairly well around Tokyo and a whole bunch of smaller indies.

So far New Japan seems to be using NOAH as a way to give talent not currently in a feud something to do, hence Suzuki-gun invading these past few months, but they could bring up some NOAH talent in the future. I don't see NOAH ever getting to a position where they can challenge for the top spot again, however, especially with them essentially being booked by a NJPW guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bullet club won't be in NOAH because the whole reason Suzuki-gun is there is because them and Bullet Club are basically doing the same thing in different promotions.

Which is also weird because there's already a top heel faction in NOAH.

So I watched the recent DG show (where Uhaa leaves) and a few things.

Do world title matches always have such pomp, cause that shit gets me hard

Not a fan of bxb

Am a fan of Santa maria

Hey, dream (or other combat sports aficionados), what the hell did I just watch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2x8KfQfmQ

Crazy shit, that's what.

Which is also weird because there's already a top heel faction in NOAH.

You know that if Suzuki wins the title, there's only one dude who'll come out and challenge him and that's Morishima. Cho Kibou-gun vs Suzuki-gun should be pretty epic.

old man sugiura and old man tanaka are too real for medium sized egg and big egg.

Yeah, Meiyu tag though. Although I have a suspicion that they won't be tagging for much longer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know that if Suzuki wins the title, there's only one dude who'll come out and challenge him and that's Morishima. Cho Kibou-gun vs Suzuki-gun should be pretty epic.

I guarantee that's the next feud if Suzuki wins the title. They're going to be doing a takeover and Morishima is going to come out and everybody gon get backdrop drivers and lariats.
NOAH1.5-7_2.gif

Kenou and Ohara are already more over than most the faces anyways.

jmdajr

Kids these days don't even have homework? Fuck it just keeps getting easier and easier for them.

"back in my day......."

edit: then again the cost to learn these days is astronomical. I'd probably be paying at least triple now.

My kid better get a fucking scholarship!

So I watched the recent DG show (where Uhaa leaves) and a few things.

Do world title matches always have such pomp, cause that shit gets me hard

Not a fan of bxb

Am a fan of Santa maria

Yeah, all their Dream Gate title matches have signing ceremonies and the national anthems played before hand, I really love all the spectacle of it.

Hulk's a tag team guy who's so incredibly popular he has to be a singles guy, which really bugs me, but what're you gonna do? He's a huge draw for them. That was probably he best match in his current Dream Gate run because (in spite of Uhaa's size) Hulk was the one working on top for the majority. I thought Uhaa did a great job selling his leg in the match.

And yeah, Maria-chan is awesome.

Sephzilla

Kids these days don't even have homework? Fuck it just keeps getting easier and easier for them.

"back in my day......."

At least for elementary and middle school I'm all for eliminating homework. At those grade levels, homework seems like a crutch used by mediocre teachers who dont want to put together more effective teaching plans.

Top Bottom