• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

jmdajr

At least for elementary and middle school I'm all for eliminating homework. At those grade levels, homework seems like a crutch used by mediocre teachers who dont want to put together more effective teaching plans.

I got a family project to do for Daycare. DAYCARE. My kid is 2 lol. I'm gonna be all focused on it because I don't want to be the parent with the kid that brings in the ugly ass work.

edit: I went to private school and man, they definitely buried me with work. Did ok in end but I feel like I didn't enjoy life too much. Didn't play sports or any of that. Just tried to do my homework and finish so I at least had time for prime time wrestling and videogames. In my mind there was no such thing as not doing my work. Guess was always responsible from early on. Didn't try as hard as I could in college, maybe burned out... but even then I did what I needed to and graduated with like a 3.4 or something.

anyways.

Sephzilla

I got a family project to do for Daycare. DAYCARE. My kid is 2 lol. I'm gonna be all focused on it because I don't want to be the parent with the kid that brings in the ugly ass work.

edit: I went to private school and man, they definitely buried me with work. Did ok in end but I feel like I didn't enjoy life too much. Didn't play sports or any of that. Just tried to do my homework and finish so I at least had time for prime time wrestling and videogames. In my mind there was no such thing as not doing my work. Guess was always responsible from early on. Didn't try as hard as I could in college, maybe burned out... but even then I did what I needed to and graduated with like a 3.4 or something.

anways.

for fucking DAYCARE?

JEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS

as originally posted by Bowser...

Big Show & Kane WrestleMania Plans Confirmed

Big Show and Kane have officially been added to the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal match at WrestleMania 31.
Ah yes I look forward to prestige being brought to the Andre Trophy as Kane and Show finally collide as the final two of their slow burning rivalry.
I see Plywood gets it.

New Japan's owners (Bushiroad) apparently bought a stake in NOAH, who have been struggling financially after they lost some of their backers in a yakuza scandal a few years back - I'm guessing part of the deal was to have Jado booking things the way they wanted.

And this will hopefully lead to a greater talent exchange beyond the Suzukigun invasion or Suzuki/Marufuji feud.

Basically, just transplant NOAH's juniors, STAT.

Let's talk about Lisa Friedrich sometime, Pristine.

I'm quite fond of her, dreamfriend.

Oh, and check your PMs when you get off the plane. (Sorry, not related to Ms. Friedrich)

I have to catch a flight, so I can't watch an entire show. But I skimmed through some of "Light the Fuse 2014," and Inspire Pro Wrestling seems like a great company offering a great product. There's also the added bonus of having a fanbase that aren't idiotic jerks like the ones at "Full Sail University."

The presentation has changed quite a bit in the last year. It's much, much better. That's one thing that always impresses me with the behind-the-scenes guys at Inspire...they are always just tinkering and tuning. It might be moving the lights around one month, It might be adding a whole new entryway and ramp...you never know, but it's always something. I think last show the multimedia producer was telling me they finally got all their audio issues nailed down so the commentary in the new releases will be much better from here on out, and the releases should be even faster as they won't be spending so much time fixing audio.

It's completely different from the promotion I used to go to all the time where NOTHING ever changed or improved. Sometimes the fans could barely see the ring. But nobody seemed to care there or want to fix it.

I know Inspire Pro uses a few guys that are regulars in my local fed St. Louis Anarchy like JoJo Bravo and Davey Vega. Makes me want to check out more of what they have to offer. Been enjoying a lot of Davey Vegas recent work including his 60 min broadway with Gary Jay from the last Anarchy show.

Yep. Vega and Jojo have always been mainstays in Austin/Inspire. Inspire also had Gary Jay on occasion early on, but the rest of the Squad hardly ever make it down here anymore since Evan stopped working Anarchy shows. I think ACH, Ricky Starks and Athena were also up there in St. Louis for a long time too. (Starks is technically from New Orleans, I think, but he's been in Texas for most of his career.)

A lot of people don't know this, but Jojo and ACH were in HS together and trained at the same time in the same wrestling school in Austin. He's one of the most entertaining guys in wrestling, regardless of size. I wish more folks knew about him. His match with ACH, teaming vs. the Colony (Fire Ant and Silver Ant) at BattleWars is definitely worth checking out.

Vega's been doing crazy good with Inspire lately. Molten lava heat. He's more of a mercenary-type heel, currently aligned with the champ, "Dirty" Andy Dalton, so it's old-school heat all the way. Oh...and he did this to "The Centerfold" Matthew Palmer at the last show:

i09PJMv.gif

(Actually, that was probably one of the best landings Matthew Palmer has ever had in his life. The dude has done some INSANE stuff in his career, and here, he had vets like Franco D'Angelo, Ray Rowe, Andy Dalton, and Tim Storm to catch him. I've never done a wrestling move in my life, but if those guys were catching me, I could probably do a flip out of the ring without dying.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone reeived my hot tag.

Thank you. :)

So GAF gold is a troll joke? I saw the banner.

It's not a troll joke, Sokantish is doing an inception thing where he pretends to be a good guy.

jmdajr

According to The Wrestling Observer, there is speculation that WWE World Champion Brock Lesnar might owe WWE one more date due to his “walk out” during the February 23rd edition of WWE Raw. As noted, Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon had a business disagreement that night, and it lead to Brock walking out of Raw even though he was advertised to appear.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did they ever figure out what the walk-out was about? And I don't mean that "Reigns is on drugs" thing.

As great as nXt can be at times, they can have some generic wrestlers too. Blake and Murphy, Bull, Corbin, and Solomon Crowe already seems meh.

Sadly, all of them were on this week's episode so outside of the main event it was a meh show.

Toki767

According to The Wrestling Observer, there is speculation that WWE World Champion Brock Lesnar might owe WWE one more date due to his “walk out” during the February 23rd edition of WWE Raw. As noted, Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon had a business disagreement that night, and it lead to Brock walking out of Raw even though he was advertised to appear.

If they're smart, they'll use that date for the next PPV, but it's WWE so they'll probably waste it on a Smackdown taping.

As great as nXt can be at times, they can have some generic wrestlers too. Blake and Murphy, Bull, Corbin, and Solomon Crowe already seems meh.

Sadly, all of them were on this week's episode so outside of the main event it was a meh show.

I kinda like "high energy [warning: flashing images] wubbba-wub-wubba" Blake and Murphy the more I see them in this role... Solomon Crowe I'll give the benefit of the doubt to, because he earned it in the work I saw him do on the indies. But yeah, Bull and Corbin at this point are the shits.

Carnby

Do they reveal ticket prices before the sale date? I'm interested in going to Summer Slam, but how much will they be?

Sephzilla

Blake, Murphy, and Bull have all grown on me. Corbin could go somewhere but he's not clicking with me right now. Crowe needs a look overhaul desperately

jmdajr

Decent HHH interview

We were all so busy in the moment, we were all so competitive, we were all so driven to succeed—that's part of what made it all work. It's funny how some of the things that were so successful started. The People's Elbow was something that Rock started doing because we were trying to make Taker laugh at live events. We were all trying to come up with the goofiest stuff we could to make him break character.

B/R: You touched on it a little—getting ready for your match at WrestleMania. We talked in depth about your last match with Daniel Bryan. It was a legitimate classic. This is different. I don't want to make too much of it, but you and Sting are a combined 100 years old. Can you pull this off?

Triple H: I'm hoping that's the most depressing thing I hear all day. (Laughs)

B/R: Yeah, that was rough. I took the gloves off. (Laughs)

Triple H: Because that's pretty depressing. If I hear something worse than that, this day is going to be pretty s----y.

scabro

Blake, Murphy, and Bull have all grown on me. Corbin could go somewhere but he's not clicking with me right now. Crowe needs a look overhaul desperately
blake and murphy have the worst faces in the business. They are painful to look at during interviews. I like their in ring work but goddamn they both look inbred

blake and murphy have the worst faces in the business. They are painful to look at during interviews. I like their in ring work but goddamn they both look inbred

There's nothing wrong with their look, IMO. I just cant positively ID which is which yet without looking at their tights. I think the one that looks kinda like Seth Rollins' big brother is Blake, while the one that looks like Val Venus' younger, bearded brother, is Murphy, but don't hold me to that. I think one of them should shave or something.

Yep. Vega and Jojo have always been mainstays in Austin/Inspire. Inspire also had Gary Jay on occasion early on, but the rest of the Squad hardly ever make it down here anymore since Evan stopped working Anarchy shows. I think ACH, Ricky Starks and Athena were also up there in St. Louis for a long time too. (Starks is technically from New Orleans, I think, but he's been in Texas for most of his career.)

Vega's been doing crazy good with Inspire lately. Molten lava heat. He's more of a mercenary-type heel, currently aligned with the champ, "Dirty" Andy Dalton, so it's old-school heat all the way.

Yeah ACH, Vega and Jojo are all regulars in St. Louis Anarchy at this point. Jojo Bravo had a fantastic feud with Michael Elgin in STL Anarchy though he never did pull off a samurai driver on Elgin lol. I am hoping the Submission Squad debuts in Anarchy in the forthcoming tag team title tournament which features Vega/ACH, Kentucky Buffet, Hooligans and the Viking War Party.

scabro

There's nothing wrong with their look, IMO. I just cant positively ID which is which yet without looking at their tights. I think the one that looks kinda like Seth Rollins' big brother is Blake, while the one that looks like Val Venus' younger, bearded brother, is Murphy, but don't hold me to that. I think one of them should shave or something.
thats a bit of an issue yeah but
maxresdefault.jpg

i dont know what it is exactly, but it turns my stomach

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Blake and Murphy are fine, they just need to look a little more individual in the face. Right now they look like the grandkids of some inbred hicks. They're not brothers, but if you track it back a little you'll find they are related.

KemoSabe

Does somebody know what Song was playing during the lesnar/reigns Wrestlemania promo teaser on last SmackDown?
Cant find the name of this song.

I don't think there's much hype, just no hatred.

I think is they kept Jones and Dillinger together longer though. They were fun together.
Jordan is probably gonna be part of SHOOT NATION, and unfortunately Tye doesn't fit that gimmick. I did like them though

somedevil

I don't think there's much hype, just no hatred.

I think is they kept Jones and Dillinger together longer though. They were fun together.

Well Jason Jordan is a member of shoot nation on the house shows that has not debuted on NXT yet. If the group debuts it won't be till there leader does.

somedevil

Well one does have an Australian accent.

Plus some NXT news:

There has been a substantial increase in WWE NXT ticket sales since Finn Balor and NXT Champion Kevin Owens started working the live events, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. NXT recently broke their own attendance records at venues in Jacksonville and Tampa.

Finn and Owens bringing in the fans. Its going be tough to bring up Balor when he is a draw and they are going to some real touring soon.

edit: Bryan also wants to go to NXT to do a pay per view match with Itami.

Ithil

I wonder who will be the first guy signed specifically to be a star to draw in NXT's tours, rather than brought in to one day go to the main roster.

Probably someone older, or an ex-WWE star. Of course once you sign a guy for the purpose of drawing in NXT, and not to get him ready to the main roster, you've basically forgotten the purpose NXT is a developmental first and foremost, but I guess when you're HHH and you are pretty much building your own promotion in your image it's easy to lose sight of that part.

If that's
Crowe
's finisher it looks stupid and weak as fuck, maybe one of the dumbest, least effective looking finishers I've seen in awhile.

The pacing of the match didn't point to ending in that manner which was really jarring. The move was flaccid and it just didn't make sense that it was time for a pin. Really disappointing as it was headed in the right direction.

Gonzalez

Banned
I just realized that Bray Wyatt's "We're here" Tron is just a ripoff of Snake Plissken's "Welcome to the human race" from Escape from LA.

Gonzalez

Banned
Blake and Murphy are fine, they just need to look a little more individual in the face. Right now they look like the grandkids of some inbred hicks. They're not brothers, but if you track it back a little you'll find they are related.
I have no idea why Murphy dropped the shredded pants. That was the only thing that kept them from looking the same.

16BitNova

Ok whats the deal with Corbin? I'be tried doing some research but couldn't find much. Is he supposed to be good? All his matches are so short. I feel he's just another Roman Reigns situation and will get eaten alive if pushed to the top. Or am I wrong and he can actually wrestle?

Whats his deal?

Top Bottom