• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Ok whats the deal with Corbin? I'be tried doing some research but couldn't find much. Is he supposed to be good? All his matches are so short. I feel he's just another Roman Reigns situation and will get eaten alive if pushed to the top. Or am I wrong and he can actually wrestle?

Whats his deal?

dood sucks and has the 2nd worse physique behind BULL

Alucard

Banned
Blake and Murphy look like an ROH tag team.

They wish.

11thbriscoesvsfishoreilly2.jpg

Ithil

Ok whats the deal with Corbin? I'be tried doing some research but couldn't find much. Is he supposed to be good? All his matches are so short. I feel he's just another Roman Reigns situation and will get eaten alive if pushed to the top. Or am I wrong and he can actually wrestle?

Whats his deal?

He's a really green guy with some potential, that's in developmental because he's really green.

I got a family project to do for Daycare. DAYCARE. My kid is 2 lol. I'm gonna be all focused on it because I don't want to be the parent with the kid that brings in the ugly ass work.

edit: I went to private school and man, they definitely buried me with work. Did ok in end but I feel like I didn't enjoy life too much. Didn't play sports or any of that. Just tried to do my homework and finish so I at least had time for prime time wrestling and videogames. In my mind there was no such thing as not doing my work. Guess was always responsible from early on. Didn't try as hard as I could in college, maybe burned out... but even then I did what I needed to and graduated with like a 3.4 or something.

anyways.
you gonna give it a wrestling theme?

CHIKARA - The Renaissance Dawns (Day 1)
May 25th 2002

Code:
    Mister ZERO V Dragonfly
    The Beauty And The Beast (Love Bug & Marshall Law) V The Nightshift (Hallowicked & Ichabod Slayne)
    Kid Kruel V Zane Madrox
    Blind Rage V Ultramantis
    The Black T-Shirt Squad (Mike Quackenbush, Reckless Youth, & Don Montoya) V The Gold Bond Mafia (CM Punk, Colt Cabana, & Chris Hero)

- Great retrospective commentary from Mike Quackenbush and Bryce Remsberg providing an insight into the 'behind the scenes' of CHIKARA's early days. They often bury people they don't like or let them down, which is slightly strange. However, they really put over people who helped them out over the years.

- Surprisingly the Main Event goes on for a good 30 minutes, and has some decent spots. While the show isn't amazing, it's a great watch for CHIKARA fans due to the retrospective commentary and the strange foreshadowing that seems to happen.

- The East Coast v Mid-West feud seems to be the main opening angle of CHIKARA, with Quackenbush, Reckless Youth & Montoya v CM Punk, Cabana & Hero. This seems pretty odd giving what we know of CHIKARA now and of Punk & Crew.

- UltraMantis as a face is damn odd.

- The crowd is way odd, and you can tell they haven't developed the CHIKARA spirit yet. Hat Guy from ECW is in the crowd. I think part of the mixed reception and reaction is mainly down to the show having a bunch of 'no-names' wrestling. However, having said that their wrestling ability is pretty good, considering most of the wrestlers are a few months into/past their training.

- The crowd hate the Ref, who is pretty bad. "We want a ref with a yellow shirt!"

- CM Punk is over in 2002, or at least with this Philly crowd. A smattering of them start a 'CM CHUMP' chant. He looks so damn indie.

- It's pretty telling that no one other than CM Punk, Mike Quackenbush and Reckless Youth get any mic time.

- Big shout out for Johnny Saint from Quackenbush on commentary. Seemingly Quack and Hero had a huge mutual respect for Saint and were big fans of his counter/technician style.

- Quack talks about how Tom Carter (Reckless Youth) spent years in WWF's Development down in Memphis, and believed he hated it. Interesting little story about how Quack and Reckless were due to wrestle each other on Nitro, but the match was cancelled due to Carter appearing in a dark match during a WWF Raw taping. Quack mentioned Chris Kanyon had arranged it all for them... and was pissed Carter had messed it up.

Whats his deal?

He's a fat goober with a shitty look

Ass Creed themed entrance from 'The Aerial Assassin' Will Ospreay;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IVlpB2H-w0

I love this so much.

Kinda amazing that pro wrestling tees thought the only major promotion they're signed with would be OK with them producing a ton of parody shirts.

I don't get the whole thing with PWTs these days. It seems like fans/wresters/promoters all have very strong opinions about them. Like either love love love or hate hate hate. I think "oh, they sell T-shirts and make it fairly convenient to buy them," and that's about it. I mean, I guess they do a good job at what they do, but it's not like they are running a kids cancer charity either. Nor are they satan gobbling up everyone's business either.

Headed by the star of the group Chad Gable. When he debuts on NXT it will be interesting to see if they continue with the stable.
That guy is going to be an absolute star. I don't see many people getting called up from NXT after Mania. There isn't a lot of main roster talent there. Especially if they want to get agressive with traveling. Why pay these guys more on the main roster when you can get higher profit margin with a traveling show? Finn Balor is about the only guy on NXT that's too big for that show.

I don't get the whole thing with PWTs these days. It seems like fans/wresters/promoters all have very strong opinions about them. Like either love love love or hate hate hate. I think "oh, they sell T-shirts and make it fairly convenient to buy them," and that's about it. I mean, I guess they do a good job at what they do, but it's not like they are running a kids cancer charity either. Nor are they satan gobbling up everyone's business either.

Personally, whenever I've used them I've found the service to be good and it's cool that wrestlers have an easy and accessible way to get their merch produced and sold, but I soured on them a bit because they can be so hostile on their social media. Whoever runs their twitter account totally threw a shit fit on two occasions I saw, once because people were asking them if their NJPW stuff was official like Yottsume's and again because fans were saying that the NJPW Europe t-shirts were of a better quality than PWT's. I think if you're running a business it's best to remain civil on social media, rather than get drawn into shit flinging arguments over who's shirts have the highest thread count.

scabro

That guy is going to be an absolute star. I don't see many people getting called up from NXT after Mania. There isn't a lot of main roster talent there. Especially if they want to get agressive with traveling. Why pay these guys more on the main roster when you can get higher profit margin with a traveling show? Finn Balor is about the only guy on NXT that's too big for that show.

was he the one getting compared to Kurt Angle?

and Neville is almost a lock to get called up. At worst hes a guy that can get kind of over, at least to a lower midcard level, on his intensity and moveset alone. If booked right he can be a real solid mid card guy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
was he the one getting compared to Kurt Angle?

and Neville is almost a lock to get called up. At worst hes a guy that can get kind of over, at least to a lower midcard level, on his intensity and moveset alone. If booked right he can be a real solid mid card guy.
Neville getting booked str8 to the bottom when he gets called up. The Kofi clock is gonna strike on tag team.

yes new day will unceremoniously end

Carnby

The Summer Slam presale starts in two days. What exactly does that mean? Once we find out the code, I can buy the tickets?

scabro

i thought the story was Rey was ready for a long time, but he thought his contract was over. WWE thought since Rey had spent so much time out, he owed them a few more months of his contract. Which obviously is stupid so now hes free.

Ithil

Well in theory even the touring for NXT is still supposed to be getting guys experience with different and more diverse crowds, as well as making NXT a bigger brand so that more WWE fans already know the guys when they come up.
NXT is still developmental and the goal is still meant to be "get guys ready for the main roster". Once it becomes "hold guys back from the main roster to help sell NXT shows" it's going backwards.

Blake and Murphy's dubstep is so offputting. I mean, I dont understand why an Australian and some country dude would have that theme.

Also, they are pretty much just keeping the titles warm for Enzo and Cass.

notworksafe

NEW JAPAN just got all bullet club parody shirts off of pro wrestling tees

Which is a shame because this is beautiful

jeffjarrett1003.png

Damn if I knew that existed before this I would have bought it.

Blake and Murphy's dubstep is so offputting. I mean, I dont understand why an Australian and some country dude would have that theme.

NXT should just go all out with them and rip off the Bromans from TNA. Give them a DJ who plays airhorn sounds and does shoutouts during their matches.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Speaking of Enzo needs to ditch the blonde beard and Carmella.

somedevil

He already debuted against Tyler Breeze.

Wasn't really a debut. He was just used as a jobber for Breeze. NXT uses guys as jobbers before they make there official debut. Corbin was a jobber before he his official debut.

edit: They are taping the NXT show thats happening in Ohio right now.

Top Bottom