• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1004824

akUOxRL.gif

It would still be a debut though even if he's used as a jobber. Someone suddenly getting a push doesn't mean that their prior matches didn't count.

notworksafe

Wasn't really a debut. He was just used as a jobber for Breeze. NXT uses guys as jobbers before they make there official debut. Corbin was a jobber before he his official debut.

edit: They are taping the NXT show thats happening in Ohio right now.

I think that counts as a debut unless he's using a different name or something.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Wasn't really a debut. He was just used as a jobber for Breeze. NXT uses guys as jobbers before they make there official debut. Corbin was a jobber before he his official debut.

edit: They are taping the NXT show thats happening in Ohio right now.
Are we talking taping for video packages, or taping as in television taping?

somedevil

Are we talking taping for video packages, or taping as in television taping?

Not sure. They need 10 weeks of tv before the next tapings. So it seems like they have 7 then for the other two they can include stuff from the house shows then end with title matches they taped and the other one can be from wrestlemania.

notworksafe

So ever since I got WM, Raw, and Fan Axxess tickets, Ticketmaster keeps sending me emails about country music concerts and monster truck shows in my area.

This is the worst kind of profiling, Ticketmaster.

Personally, whenever I've used them I've found the service to be good and it's cool that wrestlers have an easy and accessible way to get their merch produced and sold, but I soured on them a bit because they can be so hostile on their social media. Whoever runs their twitter account totally threw a shit fit on two occasions I saw, once because people were asking them if their NJPW stuff was official like Yottsume's and again because fans were saying that the NJPW Europe t-shirts were of a better quality than PWT's. I think if you're running a business it's best to remain civil on social media, rather than get drawn into shit flinging arguments over who's shirts have the highest thread count.

Ah. Yeah. That makes sense. At one point I think I stopped following them on Twitter during that very same incident.

I'm pretty sure it's the owner on the Twitter. Because he was talking big shit about himself being a proud veteran, like that gives him a license to shit-talk customers. That's what made me stop following.

I guess that says something about me or how much crappy human behavior I've seen, considering how easily I forgot that whole thing...

somedevil

lol who thought this match was a good idea on the NXT house show:

Ryback vs Big Show

The Match includes these chants:

CM Punk chants during Ryback-Show quickly get drowned out by NXT chants

We Want Blue Pants

Please Retire", "We Want Divas" and "Same Old Chant

Big Show was so great. "Please retire" chants. Big Show says "ten more years in contract." Crowd starts chanting "ten more years!

scabro

Rousey got 2 OT threads in a week, and neither involved PED's. I think that's a record.

Carrying that company on her back.

The biggest takeaway I have from NXT recently is that they can do a great authority figure.

Helps that Regal is great in general. Dude is a master at storytelling. Would love a similar type role/person running the main show too, just a logical back office type person. I fucking love logic.

How was NXT last night, btw? Didn't get around to playing it due to shopping and playing GTA with my girlfriend

It was good. Solid 3/5. Main Event was great as expected. Well worth watching, especially at only 45 minutes long!

If music games are returning, I want skateboard games to return too. Skate or Die! reboot please.

OlliOlli 2 just came out, get on it! It's fucking fantastic. Huge step up from the first game in terms of mechanics. Love it.

I wonder who will be the first guy signed specifically to be a star to draw in NXT's tours, rather than brought in to one day go to the main roster.

Probably someone older, or an ex-WWE star. Of course once you sign a guy for the purpose of drawing in NXT, and not to get him ready to the main roster, you've basically forgotten the purpose NXT is a developmental first and foremost, but I guess when you're HHH and you are pretty much building your own promotion in your image it's easy to lose sight of that part.

Well they got Rhino in recently, he's 39 and spent a decade aware retired apparently according to Vince.

I can't see him ever moving to the main roster when his main move (that's still being highlighted at NXT) is one of the signature moves of the new Face of the Company.

Rhino was highly entertaining though. I'm glad they are diversifying their roster a bit, even if they are only there to help train/coach up the developmental kids on TV.

Terrabyte20xx

Well they got Rhino in recently, he's 39 and spent a decade aware retired apparently according to Vince.

I can't see him ever moving to the main roster when his main move (that's still being highlighted at NXT) is one of the signature moves of the new Face of the Company.

Rhino was highly entertaining though. I'm glad they are diversifying their roster a bit, even if they are only there to help train/coach up the developmental kids on TV.
I actually think that might be where they go moving forward, using old mid card guys that can still go to simultaneously get butts in the seats and help out the younger talent by imparting the things they've learned.

If I am right, I expect Goldust to be NXT bound.

I actually think that might be where they go moving forward, using old mid card guys that can still go to simultaneously get butts in the seats and help out the younger talent by imparting the things they've learned.

If I am right, I expect Goldust to be NXT bound.

I'd love to see Goldie down there, I get the impression he is a font of wisdom. At the very least they need to keep him somewhere in WWE, dude is way too switched on to stay out of the business.

Terrabyte20xx

I'd love to see Goldie down there, I get the impression he is a font of wisdom. At the very least they need to keep him somewhere in WWE, dude is way too switched on to stay out of the business.
Exactly why I expect him to move down to NXT if they need draws for touring. The guy is somehow still in his prime, but clearly doesn't have a long term place on the main roster for much longer. Putting him on NXT just seems like a win-win.

somedevil

Here was the NXT house show card tonight:

Neville vs Cesaro
Riley vs Owens
Bayley vs Charlotte
Breeze vs Kalisto
Ryback vs Big Show
Cass vs Blake
Corbin vs Kidd
Sasha vs Bliss
Balor and Itami vs Vaudevillans

Exactly why I expect him to move down to NXT if they need draws for touring. The guy is somehow still in his prime, but clearly doesn't have a long term place on the main roster for much longer. Putting him on NXT just seems like a win-win.

Retirement match with Stardust at Mania would have actually worked out well if they took the feud in that direction, too late now though. Have Stardust beat him, requiring the freshly squashed Sandow to feud with him to bring back the Rhodes Scholars.

Top Bottom