• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

So how's your Bro doing?

He got the all good at his 6 month check up a few weeks ago. Obviously he will have to go back for another scan down the road but seems like they got it.

He was on some pretty crazy chemo so I would hope it went well.

Now he is just trying to get his energy back since he did basically spend the better part of 4 months unable to walk so he goes sees someone once a week to do some exercises and note his progress.

Dude is bouncing back.

They should send Show back down to NXT on tv, with Kane and have them become tag team champs under the gimmick of halting the future, so much heat, the tag team that eventually overcomes their has been arses will be heroes.

I been meaning to finish up Mother 3. It's a good game but lacking the charm of Earthbound.....and the godly soundtrack :/ :/.
Hey now, Mother 3's soundtrack is like the top tier of GBA which doesn't sound like much considering its well the GBA but dammit it's great stuff.

Sephzilla

They should send Show back down to NXT on tv, with Kane and have them become tag team champs under the gimmick of halting the future, so much heat, the tag team that eventually overcomes their has been arses will be heroes.

i actually think i would be okay with this.

iMax

Can we not send them down to Total Divas instead?

1ucWiQE.jpg

They even gave his photo a wig.

Alucard

Banned
ROH wrestlers who you think will be in the WWE/NXT system by this time next year:

99% sure:
Adam Cole

Less sure:
ACH
Michael Bennett

jmdajr

He got the all good at his 6 month check up a few weeks ago. Obviously he will have to go back for another scan down the road but seems like they got it.

He was on some pretty crazy chemo so I would hope it went well.

Now he is just trying to get his energy back since he did basically spend the better part of 4 months unable to walk so he goes sees someone once a week to do some exercises and note his progress.

Dude is bouncing back.

Good to hear. I'm sure the next scan will turn up fine as well!

Hey now, Mother 3's soundtrack is like the top tier of GBA which doesn't sound like much considering its well the GBA but dammit it's great stuff.
Maybe this is what Blake and Murphy need to get over in WrassleGAF

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what are we playing this weekend wrasslegaf?

I probably should make an effort to finish AC Unity and DA:I. I haven't yet because I've been pretty low on free time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just really don't see anything special about Adam Cole. Certainly not to the degree that other people say. He might get a try-out, but I'd be surprised if he got signed.

They already scaled app the big ones that I would have said. Sabre Jr. seems likely. Maybe Cody Hall will get enough experience that he'll feel comfortable doing a WWE tryout? I know they said he wanted to do Japan first before talking to Triple H likely not wanting to fuck up his one shot and going into it strong.

There's plenty of Japanese dudes, but I imagine that hinges entirely on how Itami continues to do in NXT if they want to keep pursuing that. I could see Nicole Matthews working for WWE.

Cagey

Banned
I'm torn on type 0 on one hand I really want DAT Final Fantasy 15 demo but on the other hand $60 for a PSP game in 2015 is dumb.

I don't own a PSP so this will be my only opportunity to play Type-0, I want the FFXV demo badly, and I'm a total unabashed fanboi.

I haven't had reason to bat an eyelash at the price yet, to be honest. If the game is both fun and playful and packed with content, I won't complain much about the PSP=>PS4 but full price issue.

Everything about that Kimber Lee/Dickinson incident is remarkably dumb. I haven't seen something quite so dumb in indie wrestling since Deej threatened to hijack National Pro-Wrestling Day and that was pretty dumb. First of all, you agree to do a spot that stupid entirely to create some controversy, but not of the "was that a shoot?!?" variety, more of the "holy fuck that guy is a reckless cunt" variety, trading on Dickinson's reputation as an asshole and trying to play up that no one knows what condition Kimber's in. Then, when things start snowballing way out of control and the whole thing turns into a ridiculous debate about the ethics of intergender wrestling, you break storyline and release a video showing that Kimber's OK. A wrestler involved tweets about how stupid this is and then has to delete said tweets to keep his bookings, while Dickinson tries to ante up only to find that no one gives a shit having concluded that the whole thing's a dumb work. Beyond apologise for their mistake, thus confirming that it was indeed a mistake and not an accident or spot gone wrong, and the whole thing's rendered a useless waste of time that probably dented the promotion's reputation with a bunch of fans. I'll chalk it up to a lapse of judgement, as I do enjoy Beyond's product, but holy shit this was dumb. Also, the fact that Kimber or any other women's wrestler would feel the need to take such risks to get noticed is sad, especially in this day and age when there's a much broader landscape in which women wrestlers can ply their trade.

I have the Sleeping Dogs DLC to play. Beyond that, I'm without games until Type-0.

Ugh... I reserved the Collectors Edition Type-0 from the Square Enix store using a prepaid card and then may have used the card to buy something else and now I'm all confused and I tried getting in touch with them and they're just like "Your card is being verified."

=_=

I'm currently juggling Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, still haven't started Majora's Mask 3D or Monster Hunter 4, and just bought OlliOlli and Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars.

Needless to say I won't be playing anything this weekend between having a two week old and it being "St. Patrick's Day" tomorrow I'm not even going to have time to breathe.

Speaking of women's wrestling shine 25 to night. Kimber seems,fine to compete.

If you want to,give divas a chance put your money where your moth is
SHINE 25
Friday, March 6th, 2015
Bell Time - 9pm EST.
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Watch the live iPPV at WWNLive.com.

SHINE Championship Match - Two-Out-Of-Three Falls
Mia Yim defends vs. Nevaeh w/ So Cal Val & Andréa

SHINE Tag Team Championship Match - Titles Can Change On A DQ!
Legendary of Malia Hosaka & Brandi Wine w/ Leilani Kai vs. The Kimber Bombs of Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb

NWA World Women's Championship Match
Santana defends vs. Shanna

Jessicka Havok vs. Su Yung w/ April Hunter

Allysin Kay w/ April Hunter vs. Leah Von Dutch

Taylor Made w/ April Hunter vs. La Rosa Negra w/ Noemi Bosques

Plus More Featuring:
-Leva(blue pants)
-Amber Gallows
-Valifornia of Jayme Jameson & Andréa w/ So Cal Val
-Thunderkitty w/ Leilani Kai
-Solo Darling w/ Daffney
-Crazy Mary Dobson
-Live Event Hostess Heather Lynn

So, Kimber Lee and Dickinson planned for Dickinson to wallop her with the chairshot, and the promotion wanted to pretend that it was a chairshot that was harder and more brutal than expected, all for the sake of getting some press that they had to have known would be negative overall?

If there were ever a time for the Hogan Mark Shoot Tweet picture, this would be it. The promoters worked themselves from worked heat into shoot go-away and stop-promoting-you-fuckheads heat.

Got the SHINE show pre-ordered, probably won't stay up for it though as it starts at 2AM over here.

So, Kimber Lee and Dickinson planned for Dickinson to wallop her with the chairshot, and the promotion wanted to pretend that it was a chairshot that was harder and more brutal than expected, all for the sake of getting some press that they had to have known would be negative overall?

I believe they thought it'd get some old-school heat, that people would be calling for Dickinson's head and would be super hyped to see Kimber return and fuck his shit up - instead, it created a real shit storm and although the video went viral, I doubt it did much for pre-orders of the show itself.

bjork

So what are we playing this weekend wrasslegaf?

I been playing Simcity just to kill time for Cities: Skyline. Also, I been trying to 100 percent Watchdogs.

A bunch of One Piece Treasure Cruise and possibly some Fallout 3. Have the itch for Fallout 3 lately.

The whole Kimber Lee/Dickinson situation is interesting just because what would Heyman have done in that situation? Would he have worked everybody on social media? Condemning the actions of a madman and then have Dickinson destroy another fan favorite on the next show? Then go back to social media and further fuel the flames before having her return and destroy Dickinson the following show and garner a gargantuan reaction?

Don't get me wrong the whole thing was completely unsafe and ignorant. However BEYOND screwed the pooch by backing away from the whole situation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Realistically, these are the faces from the promotions I could see showing up in the WWE. Not people that I'm predicting will get signed, but people I could see WWE at least looking at due to their look or things they can bring, holes they can fit into, etc.

NJPW:
Karl Anderson, Kota Ibushi, Tama Tonga

NOAH:
Daisuke Harada, Shane Haste, Taiji Ishimori, Zack Sabre Jr. MAYBE Kenou and Ohara as a tag team. I don't know how much English they know though.

AJPW
fucking lol. MAYBE Kento Miyahara? He's young, over 6 feet tall, and very talented

Dragon Gate This one's a little more fast and loose because these dudes are all short
Flamita, Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, YAMATO

Joshi promotions
Hikaru Shida(most likely), Hiroyo Matsumoto, and Kairi Hojo

I'd say Ricochet, but I imagine Lucha is paying him well to keep him around at this point if he's ditching NJPW with a big push to film it.

I could see them being interested in TMDK, although Shane's the clear star of the group

Unrelated, but I was just reminded that Vader follows me on twitter when he liked this;

MEyNCZh.gif

Weird to think of Vader, of all people, watching Dragon Gate clips.

The whole Kimber Lee/Dickinson situation is interesting just because what would Heyman have done in that situation? Would he have worked everybody on social media? Condemning the actions of a madman and then have Dickinson destroy another fan favorite on the next show? Then go back to social media and further fuel the flames before having her return and destroy Dickinson the following show and garner a gargantuan reaction?

Don't get me wrong the whole thing was completely unsafe and ignorant. However BEYOND screwed the pooch by backing away from the whole situation.

Totally agree - Heyman would have followed through with the story until the end, I'm certain. It was an idiotic thing to do in the first place and they should have known it'd receive the reaction it did, but once the ball started rolling they really should have stood their ground, condemned Dickinson on twitter and played up Kimber's silence.

The fact that WWE wouldn't even look at Daisuke Sekimoto is a little depressing, but it's probably for the best. I'd hate to see a neutered Daisuke.

Akira Tozawa's probably too small for WWE.

Flamita, Eita, and T-Hawk were the first ones to come to mind. I always thought Shingo Takagi would fit the WWE style pretty well.

So, I'm reading Gary Hart's book, which is amazing (thanks for informing me of it's existence GAF), and I come across this line.

"Building to a big angle is like baking bread: You have to let the ebuild rise and have to watch it, and know exactly when it's ready."

My first thought was "Man I'm sick of Vince's Pop Tarts."

put out a statement expressing their support for their developmental team and that all employees are held to a high moral standard

Speaking of... what is Michael PS Hayes actual job these days? Is he still just a road agent or did he claw back into creative even after that stuff with Mark Henry a few years ago?

Zach

Realistically, these are the faces from the promotions I could see showing up in the WWE. Not people that I'm predicting will get signed, but people I could see WWE at least looking at due to their look or things they can bring, holes they can fit into, etc.

NJPW:
Karl Anderson, Kota Ibushi, Tama Tonga

I don't know nothin' about nothin', but WWE would be some kind of moronic sports entertainment entity to not be able to effectively use Shinsuke Nakamura. That dude is awesome.

Top Bottom