• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

So anyone honestly expecting WWE to do anything in response to this Bill DeMott stuff?
Social media is a bit more powerful now, so I'm still hoping for the best. Otherwise, I just think that they won't do a damned thing.

Speaking of... what is Michael PS Hayes actual job these days? Is he still just a road agent or did he claw back into creative even after that stuff with Mark Henry a few years ago?
I thought that he was working for creative and that Road Dogg was on his way to taking his job. I'm not entirely sure where I read that from.

somedevil

According to Pwinsider these matches from the NXT house show will air on March 18:

* Tyler Breeze vs. Kalisto
* Charlotte (with Ric Flair) vs. Bayley
* NXT Women’s Champion Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss
* NXT Champion Kevin Owens vs. Alex Riley

Seems like they are heating up
Tyler Breeze for his probable feud with Balor

Though the awesome match of Cesaro vs Neville is going to be on an unknown upcoming dvd

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everything about that Kimber Lee/Dickinson incident is remarkably dumb. I haven't seen something quite so dumb in indie wrestling since Deej threatened to hijack National Pro-Wrestling Day and that was pretty dumb. First of all, you agree to do a spot that stupid entirely to create some controversy, but not of the "was that a shoot?!?" variety, more of the "holy fuck that guy is a reckless cunt" variety, trading on Dickinson's reputation as an asshole and trying to play up that no one knows what condition Kimber's in. Then, when things start snowballing way out of control and the whole thing turns into a ridiculous debate about the ethics of intergender wrestling, you break storyline and release a video showing that Kimber's OK. A wrestler involved tweets about how stupid this is and then has to delete said tweets to keep his bookings, while Dickinson tries to ante up only to find that no one gives a shit having concluded that the whole thing's a dumb work. Beyond apologise for their mistake, thus confirming that it was indeed a mistake and not an accident or spot gone wrong, and the whole thing's rendered a useless waste of time that probably dented the promotion's reputation with a bunch of fans. I'll chalk it up to a lapse of judgement, as I do enjoy Beyond's product, but holy shit this was dumb. Also, the fact that Kimber or any other women's wrestler would feel the need to take such risks to get noticed is sad, especially in this day and age when there's a much broader landscape in which women wrestlers can ply their trade.

I didn't keep up with what happened. So it was a...very dangerous work, and that's all?

EDIT: Fuck yes @ Bill DeMott stepping down. FUCK yes. That's a clear "I'll quit before I'm forced to get fired" if I've ever seen one.

Alucard

Banned
Dudes, life is so much better when you treat your hobbies like precisely that...hobbies. Only been watching wrestling when I've had legit free time to do so this week, and haven't let it occupy my brain space too much. Feeling good.

Alucard

Banned

Bill DeMott just announced on twitter that he's stepping down

DeMott is stepping down apparently according to his twitter

"Listen, pal. We don't want the world to know we fired you because that would be admitting we had someone on staff who abused talent. So you're going to step down and make a statement that will save both of us some embarrassment."

If anything the WWE told him to step down and gave him a very generous package. Everybody wins in this scenario.

It would have been nice for the WWE to take a hardline approach and call him out on it, but they are equally guilty in this situation.

tm24

EDIT: Fuck yes @ Bill DeMott stepping down. FUCK yes. That's a clear "I'll quit before I'm forced to get fired" if I've ever seen one.

That's more like "we'll give you the chance to step down before we fire you so you can keep some dignity" if i've seen one

Ithil

3763629208_c741d0f9bbufulg.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just happy he's out. Fuck the methods used. Gone is gone.

jmdajr

I like how none of us actually trusts anything WWE actually says or doesn't say.

Not too different than the NFL, NBA...just about anything really.

I'm glad this happened though. Shit in unacceptable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now Sarge will be in charge of the NXT Power Plant

Oh wow. Well good. Wonder who will replace him.

ITS TIME FOR AL SNOW TO GET HIS!!!

That's more like "we'll give you the chance to step down before we fire you so you can keep some dignity" if i've seen one

When it was one guy saying stuff I could see WWE brushing over it (just like they did a few years ago) but the last few days you had a bunch of people saying the same shit and who knows how much more was going to come out.

At this stage this was the only other option other then WWE just sweeping it under the rug

Now i wonder if that strength and conditioning coach will be gone too

what happened there?

Jamie OD

Seriously the year between WM 30 and 31 has to be looked back on as the weirdest period in WWE history since the Benoit incident.

tm24

I like how none of us actually trusts anything WWE actually says or doesn't say.

Not too different than the NFL, NBA...just about anything really.

I'm glad this happened though. Shit in unacceptable.

I dont trust carnies period! For example, Dreamer just said that he found a torrent site with 66k downloads of his last iPPV. 66k people dont even know House of hardcore exists. Shut up Dreamer you fucking carny

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Now Sarge will be in charge of the NXT Power Plant

The failure of the power plant is probably one of the saddest parts of WCW mismanagement, especially considering how much they touted it.

It makes the pre FCW WWE/F developmental territories look amazing by comparison.

RBH

hulk-hogan-steve-austin-ric-flair-randy-savage-600x400.jpg

I emailed Steve Austin about this picture one time and he actually emailed me back the next day.

He said it was taken at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach, CA sometime during 97 or 98. He said both WWE and WCW were running shows in L.A. at the time. I'll copy and paste what he said below.

"that pic was at golds gym in venice, ca. both companies were working in the LA area. prolly around 1997-8 i guess." -steve

I dont trust carnies period! For example, Dreamer just said that he found a torrent site with 66k downloads of his last iPPV. 66k people dont even know House of hardcore exists. Shut up Dreamer you fucking carny

LOL, the actual number's somewhat smaller than that. It has a six in it, though;

Jamie OD

I'm not sure I like the wording Demott used. I feel like he's still employed there. He's just not the head trainer or whatever

It does sounds sketchy, mainly how he's doing it so people will stop saying mean things about WWE. Just confirms the "cog in the machine" mentality that exists there.

It does sounds sketchy, mainly how he's doing it so people will stop saying mean things about WWE. Just confirms the "cog in the machine" mentality that exists there.

I sort of wonder what else might have come forward, as the allegations seemed to be gaining traction.

Ithil

This isn't the first round of accusations against him, by any means, but it did look like the floodgates were opening big time. They really can't afford to have another scandal here, they have enough going on already.

tm24

LOL, the actual number's somewhat smaller than that. It has a six in it, though;

I checked myself after reading! It was 1036 actually

But seriously, he fucking made it out to be like he lost close to a million dollars. He first accuses the site of streaming it and then of it being torrent downloads. Then he claims those sites sell your email and info so everyone who got it got a virus or have their info on the internet.

Shut up you goddamn fucking carny

DeMott is stepping down apparently according to his twitter

WWE listens to social media ya'll

I'm just happy he's out. Fuck the methods used. Gone is gone.

We beat him!

HOLY SHIT BREHS.
2333540_o.gif

Thank you, social media. Fuck Bill DeMott. I knew something was going to happen when Chris Jericho made his tweet defending DeMott then would delete that tweet a few hours later. I mean, it could have meant many other things but it was after that I held onto hope of DeMott getting fired.

I hope this, even if it is just a little bit, gives some relief to those that DeMott bullied.

Top Bottom