• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

PettyOrdinaryBlackrussianterrier.gif

Was legit gonna post that. I love this gif to god damn damn death.

Fun fact about that Wrestlemania 25 entrance: The fake John Cenas included Daniel Bryan, Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, R-Truth, and the Undertaker

iMax

Fun fact about that Wrestlemania 25 entrance: The fake John Cenas included Daniel Bryan, Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, R-Truth, and the Undertaker

You're kidding! Seriously? Bryan couldn't even pass off as Cena's little brother. Undertaker dressed as Cena would be an excellent photo.

Carnby

There's a degree of limb breaking that's OK?

I did miss the other post, yes. I'm glad we can agree on that.

Next time cherry pick my quotes, bolden and underline the really offensive things I say. You'll get better knee jerk reactions and responses with great bbuzzwords.

JavyOO7

Hoping WWE buys the TNA tape collection and releases all his matches on Blu-Ray/DVD/WWE Network one day...

edit: 'He' being Stang, of course.

It's difficult to overstate just how hard of a hit wrestling took in Japan in the early 2000's, the business just isn't seen in the same light as it once was - you've got amateur wrestlers who see themselves achieving better success as amateurs, rather than if they went pro, and guys who could work out as wrestlers deciding to go into MMA instead. Then you've got guys who look at promotions like Dragon Gate and DDT and feel that they have a better chance of making it there than they do in the New Japan/NOAH/AJPW dojos, which follow old-style dojo systems and are notoriously challenging experiences.

Great summary Boots. If you're NOAH or All Japan and just trying to stay in business I can see why re-vamping the dojo system wouldn't be a priority but NJPW really needs to figure out what they're going to do about this. Tanaka and Kamatsu have talent but will never be heavyweights and thats where their money is. New Japan either needs to offer guys more money to attend the dojo, or start using NOAH as a training ground, or something.

On Cena entrances: I always felt bad when they'd hire a marching band or a church choir or some shit like that, with the WWE knowing full well they were going to get booed because of the wrestler they were associated with.

RP912

Banned
On Cena entrances: I always felt bad when they'd hire a marching band or a church choir or some shit like that, with the WWE knowing full well they were going to get booed because of the wrestler they were associated with.

Yeah...Reminds me of the WM27 Cena entrance where he had a choir singing his theme song and got booed out of the building. Poor saps :(

Aiii

So not worth it

At least you don't have to feel bad when they boo the fuck out of Wiz Kazeefa (or something) on Monday.

RBH

It's been a long time since we've seen a set-up like this from UFC or WWE on a regular basis.

setup-106_0.jpg

B_Y9XzZU0AEWXEK.jpg:large

setup-058.jpg

It’s a 180,000-pound shrine to boxing, descending from the rafters like a spaceship about to land.

The mammoth light and sound system that will bring Premier Boxing Champions events to life starting Saturday night on NBC (8:30pm ET, 5:30pm PT), dubbed the “Ring of Honor,” is akin to a high-tech gladiator dome, a fantastic assemblage of circular LED screens, more than 400 computerized lights and the kind of state-of-the-art sound design normally reserved for high-end concert halls.

“What we wanted to create was a cathedral to boxing, with the ring as the altar,” explained PBC lighting designer John Featherstone. For viewers at home, an array of 32 cameras mounted above the ring will create 360-degree images for the audience.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Slim Cena was just as original and fresh as the rest of his amazing career.

So does Sting still have anything left in the tank? I don't think I've seen a match of his in 3-4 years.

His last match was against Magnus in TNA in January 2014. He was okay in the ring, but aesthetically looked horrible. He was wrestling in t-shirts and he was going bald rapidly.

So does Sting still have anything left in the tank? I don't think I've seen a match of his in 3-4 years.

In TNA, Sting matches were only as good as who you put him in with. Guys who could carry the majority of the match (Jarrett, Angle, Styles, Joe, etc.) had good matches with him. I think with HHH and it being Mania he'll be fine.

In TNA, Sting matches were only as good as who you put him in with. Guys who could carry the majority of the match (Jarrett, Angle, Styles, Joe, etc.) had good matches with him. I think with HHH and it being Mania he'll be fine.
That's what I'm thinking too. I remember t-shirt sting. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

Alucard

Banned
Watched Smackdown from last week. If you put yourself in the mind of a 12-year-old, it sort of felt like an old-school Saturday Night's Main Event or Superstars episode. Especially the Rusev and Swagger stuff.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watched Smackdown from last week. If you put yourself in the mind of a 12-year-old, it sort of felt like an old-school Saturday Night's Main Event or Superstars episode. Especially the Rusev and Swagger stuff.

Do you often imagine yourself in the mind of a twelve year old, Alucard?

Should we call somebody?

Top Bottom