• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Alucard

Banned
Dream made a joke.

Guy doesn't get joke.

The internet, everyone.

The longer you stay in this environment, the easier it becomes to get into this type of mindset too. The internet is an exercise in keeping your critical thinking skills sharp...and often failing because of how easy it can be to get sucked into things by trolls and surface arguments made by gifs and memes.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, this Sling TV service that was mentioned a few pages back...how much does it cost, and would I be able to get both El Rey and AXS?

Aiii

So not worth it
Just watching Cody Hall's tag-match from yesterday.

I'm impressed, for someone who's only been training for such a short time, guy is a beast, moves well, seems charismatic enough for what he did. All in all a great performance for a newbie.

Apologies for the double post but what the hell does anything said in that screen shot have to do with GamerGate? Or am I doing that thing I always do and foolishly apply rational thought and logic to things that happen on the internet?

It's basically saying NeoGAF is a shitty place that makes threats of violence and gamergate is totes cooler, nicer, better and too sweet.

Alucard

Banned
A while back someone posted a very good article about the exoticos culture in lucha libre. It was told through the perspective of one such luchador. Does anyone have the link to this article? Wish I had saved it.

bjork

That's the one episode I've seen from the latter half of the season and Foxy RULED IN THAT BIT!

Well, there's the added factors here:

- I don't like reality tv
- I'd rather see them get more time on the actual wrasslin show, even if I don't watch.

Bowser

WRESTLEZONE ALERT

WWE Holding “All Talent” Meeting Before Raw

According to WWE sources, company officials have called an “all talent” meeting at 3:30pm EST tomorrow at Raw in Pittsburgh. WZ will have more details following the meeting tomorrow afternoon.

This looks shopped

tumblr_njnzr3Y9Nj1t34v14o1_540.png

Aiii

So not worth it
Is this because the NXT live event showed them up and now they all want to be better?

Management thing, I guess the whole DeMott shenanigans.

Or maybe they got upset at talent being too vocal against the company on the Twitter Machine lately.

Bizazedo

Went to the ROH TV tapings in Baltimore on Saturday. It was a good time, but four TV tapings is exhausting. Opening bell was at 6 and it finally ended with Samoa Joe versus Kyle O'Reilly of ReDRagon (good match, Fish was hilarious on the outside screaming for them to ring the bell ala Vince when O'Reilly had a submission move on Joe.

Due to the snow, I could not go outside in my wheelchair and get to the door to get to the floor to get to the row 5 tickets, so I had to sit up at the very back row behind a mesh. It sucked. RoH guy gave me his card and said to email him, so we'll see how that goes, but that aspect of it was disappointing as hell.

Crowd was good and hot and I have no idea how they still had streamers to throw after 4 hours, but one interesting note was watching how many people bailed after AJ Styles versus Mark Briscoe and not stick around for Samoey Joey. It had been a long night, so maybe it makes sense though.

Moose was up watching a few matches with the crowd after his match, I didn't recognize him from behind and actually hit him gently to get him out of my way. He was friendly, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Went to the ROH TV tapings in Baltimore on Saturday. It was a good time, but four TV tapings is exhausting. Opening bell was at 6 and it finally ended with Samoa Joe versus Kyle O'Reilly of ReDRagon (good match, Fish was hilarious on the outside screaming for them to ring the bell ala Vince when O'Reilly had a submission move on Joe.

Due to the snow, I could not go outside in my wheelchair and get to the door to get to the floor to get to the row 5 tickets, so I had to sit up at the very back row behind a mesh. It sucked. RoH guy gave me his card and said to email him, so we'll see how that goes, but that aspect of it was disappointing as hell.

Crowd was good and hot and I have no idea how they still had streamers to throw after 4 hours, but one interesting note was watching how many people bailed after AJ Styles versus Mark Briscoe and not stick around for Samoey Joey. It had been a long night, so maybe it makes sense though.

Moose was up watching a few matches with the crowd after his match, I didn't recognize him from behind and actually hit him gently to get him out of my way. He was friendly, though.

That's one hell of a LONG night, damn. Really disappointed they didn't accommodate you better, but it sounds like they're interested in making it right. That blows.

That's crazy they didn't stick around for Joey Samoey, but AJ is such a megastar right now, damn.

Sephzilla

Fuck this time change

I wish they'd do the daylight savings switch on Friday night instead of Saturday night. With the Saturday night switch your body doesn't really adjust to the change until Monday morning when you get up for work, which is dumb as fuck Ryback

jmdajr

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE, TONIGHT WE'RE HAVING A 30 MAN GAUNTLET MATCH AND ROMAN REIGNS IS GOING TO START IT OFF AND WIN IT ALL. MAKE HIM LOOK STRONG BECAUSE AFTER THIS THE FANS WILL ACCEPT HIM GODDAMNIT"

Too easy but still needed to be shared. This is a team effort god damn it.

Bizazedo

That's one hell of a LONG night, damn. Really disappointed they didn't accommodate you better, but it sounds like they're interested in making it right. That blows.

That's crazy they didn't stick around for Joey Samoey, but AJ is such a megastar right now, damn.

Clock said 10:30 when I got back to my van. It really needed to be shorter.

The other thing I'd thought I'd mention is details about the venues / lack of....security? They held it at an indoor soccer place that's considered a park and run by the city of Baltimore. The entire facility only costs $275 an hour to rent. Hella cheap given my experiences in other matters.

That being said, it came with no security / event staff really, so the standing room only people stood anywhere. And when I mean anywhere, I mean even at the entrance / on the ramp /patch from the back where the wrestlers came out. It was crazy watching them part and then close to allow the wrestlers to and fro. Felt surreal watching, essentially, how close they were to the performers.

jmdajr

I wish they'd do the daylight savings switch on Friday night instead of Saturday night. With the Saturday night switch your body doesn't really adjust to the change until Monday morning when you get up for work, which is dumb as fuck Ryback

My poor kid did not want to get up. Got her out of bed and just went back to sleep on the floor.

At least we can hate this shit as a family.

Aiii

So not worth it
We're not switching until the 29th. Archaic shit needs to go, has no use in 2015, I read last year that with led lights and what not the economic costs are higher than what's being saved nowadays.

Browny

Banned
My poor kid did not want to get up. Got her out of bed and just went back to sleep on the floor.

At least we can hate this shit as a family.

Oh shit, I forgot how much fun this might be with a small child. End of the month here, that's not going to be good. It's bad enough that the cat will decide to change his concept of time based upon his stomach...

Hasney

There's a video on YouTube by Russo uploading a talk between him and Chyna that lasts for an hour and 40 minutes... In case anyone ever wants to see that and who can out-bullshit the other.

Sephzilla

Finally got around to trying post-patch Master Chief Collection this weekend. It's noticeably better but this mess of a game still needs a bunch of work.

klonere

Banned
Hello friends, freshly approved poster here.

I've only been watching seriously since about Survivor Series last year, with my exposure to wrestling before that being a variety of podcasts (Steven Austin and the Powerbombcast mainly) Eventually I actually started watching some wrasslin. I was never into the product as a kid or teen - my family never had the right satellite package to get WWE over here in Ireland so my limited knowledge came from the very bad PS1 games.

As of right now I'm loving NXT, am fascinated by the main roster due to the really strange decision that have been made in the last few months and have been trying to check out LU but earlier episodes are difficult to come by (aka I don't know where to look).

I'll give my top 5 - remember I never really watched wrestling before last year so....

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin - But fuck it, between his podcast, watching some "greatest matches" and more recently starting to watch everything the WWE did from his debut onwards, he's as of right now my favorite. His intensity and conviction is second to none and all his in ring stuff from his debut as the Ringmaster has been stellar. I'm up to the first IYH of 1997 so the best is yet to come right?

2. Seth Rollins - Seth is my boy. He's been the only guy they managed to nail since I started watching and is consistently great. Can't wait to go back and watch him in the Shield. Also can't wait for his cash in at Mania and multi month reign as WC :^)

3. Dolph Ziggler - Made a huge impression on me at Survivor Series. I like his gimmick of dying multiple times per match. Someone said that his spot at Survivor Series was probably for Reigns. That makes too much sense and is sad :(

4. Adrian Neville - Flippy indie shit with bigman strength. Haven't seen him have a bad match. He is going to get shit on when he moves to Raw.

5. Cesaro - Watched the ARMBAR and some NXT . Not sure how they messed him up from then till now but at least he has a belt.

So thanks to this thread/podcasts I skipped the mark portion of my wrestling fandom. You guys are pretty entertaining and provide better drama than Raw most of the time.

I'm a Sheamus fan and can't wait to see him come back

I've only been watching seriously since about Survivor Series last year, with my exposure to wrestling before that being a variety of podcasts (Steven Austin and the Powerbombcast mainly) Eventually I actually started watching some wrasslin. I was never into the product as a kid or teen - my family never had the right satellite package to get WWE over here in Ireland so my limited knowledge came from the very bad PS1 games.

As of right now I'm loving NXT, am fascinated by the main roster due to the really strange decision that have been made in the last few months and have been trying to check out LU but earlier episodes are difficult to come by (aka I don't know where to look).

I'll give my top 5 - remember I never really watched wrestling before last year so....

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin - But fuck it, between his podcast, watching some "greatest matches" and more recently starting to watch everything the WWE did from his debut onwards, he's as of right now my favorite. His intensity and conviction is second to none and all his in ring stuff from his debut as the Ringmaster has been stellar. I'm up to the first IYH of 1997 so the best is yet to come right?

2. Seth Rollins - Seth is my boy. He's been the only guy they managed to nail since I started watching and is consistently great. Can't wait to go back and watch him in the Shield. Also can't wait for his cash in at Mania and multi month reign as WC :^)

3. Dolph Ziggler - Made a huge impression on me at Survivor Series. I like his gimmick of dying multiple times per match. Someone said that his spot at Survivor Series was probably for Reigns. That makes too much sense and is sad :(

4. Adrian Neville - Flippy indie shit with bigman strength. Haven't seen him have a bad match. He is going to get shit on when he moves to Raw.

5. Cesaro - Watched the ARMBAR and some NXT . Not sure how they messed him up from then till now but at least he has a belt.

So thanks to this thread/podcasts I skipped the mark portion of my wrestling fandom. You guys are pretty entertaining and provide better drama than Raw most of the time.

now get my bags

welcome to the thread!

Hasney

Good work on having a list and shizz.

the-rock-jericho-handshake-o.gif

Fox318

Welcome....friend

gqpI809.gif

Top Bottom