• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

radcliff

He gets pops from younger kids.

I personally don't want to see him unless he is with somebody who can drag him to a good match.

He has good matches with just about everyone. Hell, he even got a good performance out of the Big Show just a couple years ago. The Big Show. I do agree he needs to be heel, though.

ghostmind

ehfjsFA.jpg

Nightmare fuel.

Ithil

Hello friends, freshly approved poster here.

I've only been watching seriously since about Survivor Series last year, with my exposure to wrestling before that being a variety of podcasts (Steven Austin and the Powerbombcast mainly) Eventually I actually started watching some wrasslin. I was never into the product as a kid or teen - my family never had the right satellite package to get WWE over here in Ireland so my limited knowledge came from the very bad PS1 games.

A fellow chucker, eh?

b1a4304f22198a2c375bef709974a4d3.gif

Xater

I just saw that ICW has a subscription service? Does anyone have experience with it? I heard good things about the promotion so I might give it a test month. Also man would it be awesome if wXw had that...

I just saw that ICW has a subscription service? Does anyone have experience with it? I heard good things about the promotion so I might give it a test month. Also man would it be awesome if wXw had that...

Yep, I've got it - grabbed the annual subscription which is a good deal if you want to follow ICW. There's about 30 shows on there at present, as well as some other stuff like shoot interviews and a weekly highlight show. All the recent events go up on demand a couple of weeks after they take place, although it's a bit quicker for the bigger shows. Quality-wise it's pretty good, nice HD picture, although no downloading which is a shame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hello friends, freshly approved poster here.

I've only been watching seriously since about Survivor Series last year, with my exposure to wrestling before that being a variety of podcasts (Steven Austin and the Powerbombcast mainly) Eventually I actually started watching some wrasslin. I was never into the product as a kid or teen - my family never had the right satellite package to get WWE over here in Ireland so my limited knowledge came from the very bad PS1 games.

As of right now I'm loving NXT, am fascinated by the main roster due to the really strange decision that have been made in the last few months and have been trying to check out LU but earlier episodes are difficult to come by (aka I don't know where to look).

I'll give my top 5 - remember I never really watched wrestling before last year so....

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin - But fuck it, between his podcast, watching some "greatest matches" and more recently starting to watch everything the WWE did from his debut onwards, he's as of right now my favorite. His intensity and conviction is second to none and all his in ring stuff from his debut as the Ringmaster has been stellar. I'm up to the first IYH of 1997 so the best is yet to come right?

2. Seth Rollins - Seth is my boy. He's been the only guy they managed to nail since I started watching and is consistently great. Can't wait to go back and watch him in the Shield. Also can't wait for his cash in at Mania and multi month reign as WC :^)

3. Dolph Ziggler - Made a huge impression on me at Survivor Series. I like his gimmick of dying multiple times per match. Someone said that his spot at Survivor Series was probably for Reigns. That makes too much sense and is sad :(

4. Adrian Neville - Flippy indie shit with bigman strength. Haven't seen him have a bad match. He is going to get shit on when he moves to Raw.

5. Cesaro - Watched the ARMBAR and some NXT . Not sure how they messed him up from then till now but at least he has a belt.

So thanks to this thread/podcasts I skipped the mark portion of my wrestling fandom. You guys are pretty entertaining and provide better drama than Raw most of the time.

I'm a Sheamus fan and can't wait to see him come back

Not bad. Good Fave Five, even if it's completely wrong. Isn't there anyone in your fave five with a Muscle Grade of B or above? Austin got fat so he doesn't count. And uh...Cesaro has functional strength

notworksafe

Best big show match was Brock beating the shit outta him.

That actually had one of my favorite Brock moments in it.

When he broke a chair over Big Show he just casually raised his hand, Heyman tossed him another chair, and he just kept going to work.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not bad. Good Fave Five, even if it's completely wrong. Isn't there anyone in your fave five with a Muscle Grade of B or above? Austin got fat so he doesn't count. And uh...Cesaro has functional strength

They can't photoshop the muscles on like on live TV like they did with Vince, you know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They can't photoshop the muscles on on live TV like they did with Vince, you know.

That little shitlord Butt Balor has no problem airbrushing deeper abs though

Xater

Yep, I've got it - grabbed the annual subscription which is a good deal if you want to follow ICW. There's about 30 shows on there at present, as well as some other stuff like shoot interviews and a weekly highlight show. All the recent events go up on demand a couple of weeks after they take place, although it's a bit quicker for the bigger shows. Quality-wise it's pretty good, nice HD picture, although no downloading which is a shame.

I am fine with it just being streaming. I think I'll give it a shot for a month soon. Some stuff you have been posting about it and I have seen elsewhere seems cool. Also saw some ICW talent yesterday at wXw and that made me take another good look at them.

RP912

Banned
So whose ready for Wiz Khalifa tonight?

200_s.gif

Cena still doesn't have a match at Mania and these dudes made a song tonight....hmmmm the plot thickens.....

klonere

Banned

Just for you Vinny Mac I'll make an uninformed list of Vince guys

1: Batista - Big in all the right places

2: That bodybuilder in the Vince O face gif - WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT

3: A 6'4 Adrian Neville - If Luger was a Vince guy with that face I don't see why a radical gene therapy version of Neville couldn't work

3. Scott Steiner - Holy shit I forgot he's probably in my real top 5 as well

And yes, I want a heel Sheamus with warpaint and stuff but his vignettes are Kevin Owens without the edge (I WANNA FOIGHTT FELLAH, I'ULL FOIGHT ANYONE FELLAH)

RP912

Banned
It's easy to beat down a whole genre of music when it's not even half of what it was back in the 90's.

I wouldn't go that far...there's still good music out. I really feel it hit it's peak around the mid 2000s. After that it's either hit and miss, but it's more diverse in sound compared to the 90s where it's one style or the other.

Top Bottom