• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

notworksafe

That's like saying that Syphilis is the best of the STDs.
There's some good names in the part timer list

Better than Christian
Better than Jericho
Better than Taker
Better than Sting
Better than RVD
Better than Bubba Dudley
Better than CM Punk (when he shows up in 2-3 years)

For as great as brock is I think it helps that he doesn't have to be used by the writers and vince every week.

They would have made him Miz's sidekick or something
Yep, that's 100% the reason he's so good. He shows up once in a while to dish out some pain, and the the rest of the time he's got Heyman to speak for him.

bjork

Yep, that's 100% the reason he's so good. He shows up once in a while to dish out some pain, and the the rest of the time he's got Heyman to speak for him.

But they could do this for anyone.

"What's my job?"

Show up like four times a year, and if it's not a PPV, you just stand there and you might lay a fucker out. Then you go home. Sound good?

AJ STYLES is so,over, kids are breaking each others necks

AJスタイルズ必殺パターン ブラッディ〜サンデー→スタイルズ: http://youtu.be/yvB1UgP-aXM

XenoRaven

Call me a mark but I don't like AJ using Bloody Sunday. If someone else took over the Bullet Club, could they start using the Styles Clash?

JavyOO7

So glad that FF/WO did the trial thing where this month is cheap to bring in new subscribers. Bryan Alvarez rants on Roman Reigns and his terrible booking are spot on I think. If the entire world knew he was going to go to be at the main event of Wrasslemania since last year then basically book him as a world beater wrecking everyone in the roster in singles matches and not as a geek getting beaten by a school boy by Seth Rolllins.

notworksafe

But they could do this for anyone.

"What's my job?"

Show up like four times a year, and if it's not a PPV, you just stand there and you might lay a fucker out. Then you go home. Sound good?

Very true. The problem is finding someone with a name that can be a huge draw every time he shows up. Brock is that name.

Hogan was that name too back in his day. Hell he still is now.

mJDMpYQ.gif

What is happening here.

bjork

Very true. The problem is finding someone with a name that can be a huge draw every time he shows up. Brock is that name.

To be fair, a new guy could be. Heck, anyone could be. It should be how they do an off-season, but staggering who is off and for how long. Then instead of going "oh fuck, they did this match like 37 times this year" it might be like "oh fuck, this is something new."

klonere

Banned

I know its a worn out point but Brock feels way more believable as a part timer than nearly anyone else. He doesn't need to be out there every week defending the belt in person or even every month to get big reactions out of crowds. He looks, wrestles and talks* (*via Paul Heyman) like WWE's final boss.

Please stay Mr. Lesnar.

notworksafe

To be fair, a new guy could be. Heck, anyone could be. It should be how they do an off-season, but staggering who is off and for how long. Then instead of going "oh fuck, they did this match like 37 times this year" it might be like "oh fuck, this is something new."
Yeah, they'd have to build someone up into that spot but it could be done. Make another monster that just decimates everyone he faces over a few months, have him win the title, then disappear him until every other PPV or so.

But it seems they just aren't interested in that kind of long term booking and would rather just buy a name to draw. It makes sense in a way. If you're gonna build up someone and put that kind of time into them, then you want them to show up as often as possible to make your money back.

You know if they could have signed Brock to a normal contract they would have, but instead they've had to work around limited appearances and they've actually done a good job with it.

I agree with klonere, I hope Brock stays. Have him win at WM, go on to crush all the internet's favorite wrestlers over the next year, then make Roman look even stronger by beating him at WM32, which they'll be able to advertise as the new WM attendance record or w/e and give the credit to Roman.

Went to the ROH TV tapings in Baltimore on Saturday. It was a good time, but four TV tapings is exhausting. Opening bell was at 6 and it finally ended with Samoa Joe versus Kyle O'Reilly of ReDRagon (good match, Fish was hilarious on the outside screaming for them to ring the bell ala Vince when O'Reilly had a submission move on Joe.

Due to the snow, I could not go outside in my wheelchair and get to the door to get to the floor to get to the row 5 tickets, so I had to sit up at the very back row behind a mesh. It sucked. RoH guy gave me his card and said to email him, so we'll see how that goes, but that aspect of it was disappointing as hell.

Crowd was good and hot and I have no idea how they still had streamers to throw after 4 hours, but one interesting note was watching how many people bailed after AJ Styles versus Mark Briscoe and not stick around for Samoey Joey. It had been a long night, so maybe it makes sense though.

Moose was up watching a few matches with the crowd after his match, I didn't recognize him from behind and actually hit him gently to get him out of my way. He was friendly, though.
Do you happen to know if 4 hours is typical for ROH shows? I'm going to my first soon and am trying to figure out how long I'll be down there.

People post those lewd ass biz pictures of Kaitlyn and she ain't related to wrestling any more.

Do you happen to know if 4 hours is typical for ROH shows? I'm going to my first soon and am trying to figure out how long I'll be down there.

If it's a TV taping then, yeah, it'll be that long - if it's not a TV taping you're looking at 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Who?

NkFvT1a.png

Khalifa is set to perform a medley of his hits, including a cut from the official soundtrack to “Furious 7,” which stars Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Vin Diesel and Jason Statham

Oh, ok.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As a part of WrassleGAF's Best Practices, turn your jiffs off if you're at work.

The trouble with WWE's hard-on for 'celebrities' is that, when it's a Hugh Jackman-level celebrity who is legitimately famous worldwide, then it WORKS, but 90% of the time it's not Hugh Jackman. 90% of the time it's some American-centric, d-list celebrity. Even if the audience are aware of them, they're likely to be a polarizing figure so you end up with a guest that a sizeable proportion of your audience despises.

Fun fact, Wiz is slang for piss over here. As in, "I'm just going to take a wiz".

The trouble with WWE's hard-on for 'celebrities' is that, when it's a Hugh Jackman-level celebrity who is legitimately famous worldwide, then it WORKS, but 90% of the time it's not Hugh Jackman. 90% of the time it's some American-centric, d-list celebrity. Even if the audience are aware of them, they're likely to be a polarizing figure so you end up with a guest that a sizeable proportion of your audience despises.

Fun fact, Wiz is slang for piss over here. As in, "I'm just going to take a wiz".

I've heard that said over here in Americaland too

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I don't like him but the dude has like 18 million followers on twitter. He's not exactly a d-list celeb. This isn't as bad as having larry the cable guy or grumpy cat.

Same slang over here.

Wait, so NJ Cup final and NOAH Great Voyage is on the same day? Sweet!

NJ Cup finals are on a tape delay so you can't watch it live. Hopefully NOAH Great Voyage gets uploaded quickly.

Can we talk about how WWE put Hugh Jackman AND The Muppets with Zack Ryder, only to totally fuck it up afterward, wasting those moments

Also seriously, Jackman is like Top 3 celeb involvement. He nailed it.

Nekofrog

Banned
For as great as brock is I think it helps that he doesn't have to be used by the writers and vince every week.

They would have made him Miz's sidekick or something

You mean you don't want to see Brock walking a poodlearound on a pink leash while he delivers a hot pizza pie suspended up on his other hand in a giant chefs hat?

brock will doanything as long as he's getting paid and I live him for that

Top Bottom