• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Yo, Rusev!
Your hairdo is heinous
You look like an anus
I wish you knew
How lame your flag is!

Hey, hey, hey
What do you say?
You and me for the U.S.A?...BELT, son
That's right, I said it
And if you don't like that
You can complain on reddit

Oops, I forgot
You're from the Soviet Union
They ain't got no internet
Only commie reunions

Ha! Ha! Ha!
You can't mess with this
With Cena and Wiz
You gonna get DISSED

*mic drop*

sad part is this probably took you all of 3 minutes and will be infinitely better than what we actually get

Hasney

Axel besting Rusev (with an obvious Cena assist) would be goddamn glorious. Another feather in the cap of AxelMania and advances the Cena/Rusev story. Win win all around.

Hasney

Yeah, sacrificing a year of build to a comedy jobber is a great idea.

I knew you'd come around

Im1U2.gif

Thorakai

God damn today sucked. I couldn't sleep at all last night and somehow got sick again the second time this winter. Didn't help that it was a stressful day at work today what with trying to meet a deadline for tomorrow...good thing that got postponed for Friday. I think a combination of stress and depression is getting to me.

Time to watch a quality episode of The Monday Night Raw to make things better 8)

In the end is the same as sacrificing it to Cena.

No, it's not. Cena breaking that streak and winning the US Title would elevate that belt and make Rusev seem at least somewhat credible. Axel winning it would make it look like even more of a joke than it is and Rusev would look like a fool forever.

It's about perception. With casual fans, a loss to Axel is death. A loss to Cena is less so. You can come back from a loss to Cena. You can't come back from a loss to Axel.

Those Chyna videos... As if it wasn't already obvious that she needs help... Damn.

Edit: She said "Goodbye, Felicia." Oh...fuck I'm laughing.

I apologize. She really does need help.

No, it's not. Cena breaking that streak and winning the US Title would elevate that belt and make Rusev seem at least somewhat credible. Axel winning it would make it look like even more of a joke than it is and Rusev would look like a fool forever.

A main eventer winning the belt is worthless if the next mid card guy that holds it ends up jobbing like always; and Cena does nothing to the belt, the guy is above all the belts thanks to the way he is booked, so having Rusev lose the belt to Cena does the same as a joke winning it.

A main eventer winning the belt is worthless if the next mid card guy that holds it ends up jobbing like always; and Cena does nothing to the belt, the guy is above all the belts thanks to the way he is booked, so having Rusev lose the belt to Cena does the same as a joke winning it.

Seeing as the same scenario played out in NJPW and it totally elevated the belt, what you are claiming is untrue. The title can be elevated by a big star winning it, and it can damn sure be hurt by a joke jobber winning it.

Seeing as the same scenario played out in NJPW and it totally elevated the belt, what you are claiming is untrue. The title can be elevated by a big star winning it, and it can damn sure be hurt by a joke jobber winning it.

You cannot compare NJPW with WWE, for once NJPW makes all their belts feel important, it does not matter who holds it, all have their place, in WWE they are just fillers.

If Cena or Curtis win the US title it will feel similar, with Axel just part of the same shit booking for mid card, with Cena it will just be an accessory. Until WWE changes the way they book the feeling of unimportance will continue.

DID U KNO?

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar at WM31 will be the just the 5th WWE Title match to be aired on PPV that didn't feature John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, or CM Punk since WM21.

Vengeance 2006: Edge vs. Rob Van Dam (c)
Royal Rumble 2009: Edge vs. Jeff Hardy (c)
Elimination Chamber 2011: Jerry Lawler vs. The Miz (c)
Extreme Rules 2014: Kane vs. Daniel Bryan (c)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Michael Cole is a bastard

King's acting during the entire angle is phenomenal. You really believe that him winning the title means the world to him. Hell just getting the shot has him excited for the first time since the end of the Attitude Era. Then Cole does what he does.

notworksafe

Okay, I want to add Otunga onto my Top 5 Physiques list. Dude is about to bust out of his sweater, Hulk style.

On the pre-show they're saying Bray has Taker's urn but Taker probably isn't ever coming back. So he's coming back tonight maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvNurjaKAiA ?

Maybe it's time for DDP to have his first (?) female star as target of his yoga.

Man, this is pretty depressing... She can barely speak.

On a lighter note, I'm watching Skinny Fat CM vs Cena at MinB'11 for the first time. This crowd is fucking hot for Punk, and it's always enjoyable seeing a crowd turn on a spoon fed babyface.

P.S. This version of the WWE championship is atrocious.

Looking at that card, why would they have a #1 contender match, come after a title match?

Top Bottom