• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

My favorite running gag in wrestling ever might be Shawn Michaels' absolutely hating cameramen, assaulting them every chance he got

PWGs next card

Brian Cage takes on Biff Busick

ACH faces Tommaso Ciampa

Beaver Boys take on World’s Cutest Tag Team in a non-title match

“Speedball” Mike Bailey faces Trevor Lee

Andrew Everett faces Ricoche
t
Monster Mafia take on Matt Sydal/Chris Sabin

Chris Hero faces Tommy End

PWG Champion Roderick Strong challenged Zack Sabre Jr

Looks like another amazing card

RP912

Banned
My favorite running gag in wrestling ever might be Shawn Michaels' absolutely hating cameramen, assaulting them every chance he got

I really want a gang of cameramen to take out HBK the next time he's called up for legends night on Raw.

What he did to the cameraman at Bad Blood made me want to SCM the tv. Fucking HBK.

Hasney

iSr9xHBJGK0A1.gif

A young HBK threatening a cameraman.

I really want a gang of cameramen to take out HBK the next time he's called up for legends night on Raw.

What he did to the cameraman at Bad Blood made me want to SCM the tv. Fucking HBK.

I loved that shit. It took what was kind of an odd quirk Michaels had (cameramen/photographers would -always- get in his way, and he'd forcefully move them away from ringside) and created a very natural/realistic way to force HIAC to be opened (to help the cameraman).

I always noticed cameramen/photographers had problems with the over the top in the corner bump HBK and HHH would take. They'd do the bump and totally eat shit by landing on a cameraman. They were right to be pissed, but they should know the positioning of the cameramen. They don't move much.

I loved that shit. It took what was kind of an odd quirk Michaels had (cameramen/photographers would -always- get in his way, and he'd forcefully move them away from ringside) and created a very natural/realistic way to force HIAC to be opened (to help the cameraman).

I always noticed cameramen/photographers had problems with the over the top in the corner bump HBK and HHH would take. They'd do the bump and totally eat shit by landing on a cameraman. They were right to be pissed, but they should know the positioning of the cameramen. They don't move much.

I think the photographers should work around the wrestlers, not the other way around.

Nobody buys a ticket to watch photographers.

Good wrestling photographers know and can anticipate the action, and eventually even build a quick form of communication with the performers that comes in handy when the unanticipated happens. There's a recognition there.

The problem you see in a lot of those shows (from what I gather having talked to people about this) is that because of the times and popularity and the way they were doing business at the time the WWE used to get a lot of stringers from outside media outlets that didn't know what they were doing there. Guys that may have never covered pro wrestling before. Those guys either got in the way of the performers, or got in the way of the photographers that knew what they were doing, creating these pile-ups.

I love watching the wrestling shows with a lot of photographers at ringside. Makes the event seem like a big deal. But I understand why WWE has gone away from that too. I love watching Japan where it still happens, but the vast majority of the photographers are veterans, and there's a kind of an organization within the group to stay out of trouble for the most part.

If Angle didn't have that Olympic cred, he probably would have been a flat out jobber. Conversely, Mark Henry would have had the exact same career he's had in WWE even if he never had those Olympic performances, weightlifting records, etc.

I think the photographers should work around the wrestlers, not the other way around.

Nobody buys a ticket to watch photographers.

Good wrestling photographers know and can anticipate the action, and eventually even build a quick form of communication with the performers that comes in handy when the unanticipated happens. There's a recognition there.

The problem you see in a lot of those shows (from what I gather having talked to people about this) is that because of the times and popularity and the way they were doing business at the time the WWE used to get a lot of stringers from outside media outlets that didn't know what they were doing there. Guys that may have never covered pro wrestling before. Those guys either got in the way of the performers, or got in the way of the photographers that knew what they were doing, creating these pile-ups.

I love watching the wrestling shows with a lot of photographers at ringside. Makes the event seem like a big deal. But I understand why WWE has gone away from that too. I love watching Japan where it still happens, but the vast majority of the photographers are veterans, and there's a kind of an organization within the group to stay out of trouble for the most part.

Totally agree. As a cameraman on the indies, it's got really nothing in terms of structure, but the main rule is basically this: Don't come anywhere near me. I can't move out of the way quickly, have very expensive equipment, and if it breaks, it's coming out of your pay.

RE: Photographers, it's even more of a crapshoot, because indies will take anybody for the most part. Some are very good (Lyle C. Williams is very good, Scott Finkelstein, Brooke Danielle, a few others), while the others are either family/friends of the workers, or just don't know what the fuck they're doing. I've straight up shoved them out of the way during intros because they were creeping in too close. I'll also usually wave them away if workers are crowd brawling and they're not paying much attention. It's a process.

And that Dynasty Warriors Botchamania ending has got me #dead

Hasney

Fuck it, watching that Dynasty Warriors Botch Mania ending again. Think I kissed a chunk of it from laughing after the Daniel Bryan part.

scabro

yeah guys, balding was never a problem for the 4 most charismatic and engrossing characters and personalities the WWE has ever produced.

Stomach mouth Corbin will therefore be alright. He should go balding on his neckbeard is what he should do.

iMax

So apparently Jon Stewart is officially on Raw tomorrow night! I had no idea this was officially announced, but apparently it is.

BearPawB

Banned
So, Newly exposed to botchamania. Is it really that hard to have the table break? It seems to fuck up so many times. Its gotta hurt way more for it not to break.

thuway

Pushing someone already showing signs of balding at age 30 based solely on their look.
WWE in 2015.
What does this even mean? Most men start balding around that time. If you want to dictate who becomes a star or not based on hair pattern, than you might as well fire 90 percent of the roster.

If the Curtain Call never happens, Triple H wins KotR 96. Austin 3:16 would have been over before it even happened. So really Triple H is right when he says he is responsible for the death of WCW.

I'm really curious to see the Las Vegas venue that ROH got. I felt that Final Battle looked a bit too dark, so I hope this one will have better light.

If it's at the Orleans Arena, It should be good. They host concerts, Basketball games, Hockey, all types

Top Bottom