• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

American Hero, WrassleGAF Hero, and coming in Mania, US Champ

SQZMy7d.gif

omg this is killing me. like he is literally gonna kill me

Cena's been knocking out the great gifs these past few weeks

zychi

Banned
So Cena is going to unify the US title and WWE title right?

So we'll have
Divas
Intercon
Tag
WWE/World Heavyweight/US title

Bring bad hardcore please? Let Ambrose run around with it until they realize he should be in the main event

So we'll have
Divas
Intercon
Tag

Bring bad hardcore please? Let Ambrose run around with it until they realize he should be in the main event

I'd say Bryan gets the IC belt just so Cena can unify them and get his win back at the same time, but who the fuck knows. Nothing they're doing makes sense, and even the people who defend the shit have to exaggerate at this point.

Alucard

Banned
Why is Orton plotting around a guy who makes coffee, a whiny underachieving giant, and J&J security?

The feud needed fire the moment Orton came back. Stretching it out over 2 weeks with "picking the right spot" filler was completely out of character and pointless.

Absolutely on board with this. A guy curb stomped you and caused you to miss 4 months of action in kayfabe. And you come back and are cool with him and the gang? Fuck off. Dumb motivation. Bet they'll go the "I wanted to get you alone" angle...or not at all. They won't explain it at all. Just like they NEVER fucking explained the Bellas getting back together except with "because sisters."

I missed raw.

Was it as bad as people here say it was?

All I know is I turned on the show about 930 to see what was happening since you miss nothing at all by just watching the last segment of the show, and there were 2 guys dressed as giant condoms that beat the usos.

UberTag

I'd say Bryan gets the IC belt just so Cena can unify them and get his win back at the same time, but who the fuck knows. Nothing they're doing makes sense, and even the people who defend the shit have to exaggerate at this point.
Most of the WWE apologists can't even be bothered to defend the booking any more and have reverted to the tactic of saying "Hey, WrestleMania is like the Super Bowl so it will be amazing for the spectacle regardless and it doesn't matter that the build and the matches on the card suck".

Anth0ny

Why is Orton plotting around a guy who makes coffee, a whiny underachieving giant, and J&J security?

The feud needed fire the moment Orton came back. Stretching it out over 2 weeks with "picking the right spot" filler was completely out of character and pointless.

exactly. so fucking dumb. that crowd was losing its shit when orton came back.

so lets take all of his heat away by doing this weird bullshit for two weeks. ugh.

don't even get me started on the cena/rusev shit. awful raw.

reminder: roman reigns is main eventing wrestlemania. anyone remember what his role was on raw this week? I already forgot.

Fox318

So we'll have
Divas
Intercon
Tag

he stole everything about angle already.

Might as well steal his TNA storylines.

Thorakai

Actually disagree with this. It makes a ton of sense - he was out of action for months because of Rollins and the authority. It was self realization that he couldn't beat Rollins if Rollins was surrounded by Show + Kane etc, hence him waiting until now to do what he planned to do. It fits his character well too.

Yup. This segment retroactively made sense of the segment where Show + Kane where carted off by Steph. Was it the best build for the feud? Probably not. But there is some sense to be made...at least in the wacky world that is professional wrasslin.

JavyOO7

After RAW on the network, they went over Orton's beating on Rollins. After that was a Cena interview with Byron. Now came the Jericho preview Blu-Ray..

Alucard

Banned
Read the rest of the spoilers tonight. Just gonna fast forward for the Axel, Cena, Rusev stuff, and then delete off my DVR. Most of the show sounds bad. Actually, I'll probably watching Naomi vs. Natalya.

Otherwise, yeah...NJPW, ROH, and LU for me this week.

Is Vince intentionally making Wrestlemania horrible because Reigns isn't over? How the fuck do you make your most over guy one of 10 competitors in a ic title ladder match? Now Vince gave the payoff to 2 feuds on Raw 3 weeks before Wrestlemania. I don't know how you guys watch 3 hours of this every week.

When I had dvr I could get through most raws in about 40-60 minutes. Now that I don't I pretty much have only watched one raw per month since Oct. It is still soul crushing. I honestly don't think I can even do this much longer.

RP912

Banned
I still can't believe Reigns is in the main event.

It just feels so underwhelming. Why didn't Reigns come out and confront Bork to his face during the Heyman promo? Do anybody even gives a fuck about proper booking...its the grandest stage of them all but it's being booked like a regular raw with better pyro.

Let me get off this subject because everytime I think about how WWE is run....my left eye twitches becausea company can't be that obtuse to reality.

DMczaf

So far, the following competitors have added their names to this year’s Andre the Giant Battle Royal lineup:

The Miz
Curtis Axel
Ryback
Fandango
Adam Rose
Zack Ryder
Jack Swagger
Titus O’Neil
Darren Young
Big Show
Kane
Erick Rowan
Damien Mizdow
Sin Cara

WM31, ladies and gentlemen.

WWE is going way out of its way to make daniel bryan completely irrelevent lol the guy is the biggest star they currently have and he's getting stuck in a nobody rememebrs match.

Paracelsus

Reigns is Diesel if they hadn't put him over in MSG but later on at WM, except Reigns could never powerbomb Big Show even if it costed him his spine.

TheBear

The only thing I was excited about at Mania was Rusev and Cena, as they were building Rusev up to be a monster and would actually have some heat going into the match. Now there is no heat, there is nothing. It's just Rusev jobbing to Cena because Cena Wins LOL.

Jesus. Let the heel have some damn heat for once. Make the fucking match important.

Most of the WWE apologists can't even be bothered to defend the booking any more and have reverted to the tactic of saying "Hey, WrestleMania is like the Super Bowl so it will be amazing for the spectacle regardless and it doesn't matter that the build and the matches on the card suck".

I'm just glad I stopped giving the company money after cancelling my Network sub a month after it started. Yeah, watching programs live occasionally is still probably bad, but I feel less shame than I would financially supporting these people knowing that this is what they can do on their best day.

Heroman

Banned
The only thing I was excited about at Mania was Rusev and Cena, as they were building Rusev up to be a monster and would actually have some heat going into the match. Now there is no heat, there is nothing. It's just Rusev jobbing to Cena because Cena Wins LOL.

Jesus. Let the heel have some damn heat for once. Make the fucking match important.
What heat? We knew that rusev would lose to cena since day 1.

Penguin

This is such an oddly booked WrestleMania

Your number one face isn't over
Your number two face is your biggest heel based on his tactics

Your two most over Superstars seem to be stuck in some cat and mouse ladder match
Your monster heel at best is a tweener in his feud. And gets paid a shit-ton of money to just stand around.

Almost everyone is phoning in their promos. Sting had... whatever that video was. Taker was via voiceover. Triple H didn't even show up this week.

Paracelsus

They ruined the new millennium's first WM by putting over HHH and having people throw crap in the ring, I hope they have enough common sense to have Rollins cash in on Reigns 3 minutes after the win on Lesnar.

zychi

Banned

Your two most over Superstars seem to be stuck in some cat and mouse ladder match
Your monster heel at best is a tweener in his feud. And gets paid a shit-ton of money to just stand around.

Almost everyone is phoning in their promos. Sting had... whatever that video was. Taker was via voiceover. Triple H didn't even show up this week.

And yet people legit think Brock is staying for this half-ass trash

RP912

Banned

The road to Wrestlemania just keeps on going...from clusterfuck avenue to weird booked lane.

Alucard

Banned
Watching this week's ROH TV episode to wash away the WWE flavor. It's kinda working. Christopher Daniels and Jay Lethal sharing a ring in 2015. I can dig it.

I'm just glad I stopped giving the company money after cancelling my Network sub a month after it started. Yeah, watching programs live occasionally is still probably bad, but I feel less shame than I would financially supporting these people knowing that this is what they can do on their best day.

Yep. I was gonna spend $10 for Mania if it was Bryan vs. Lesnar, but once Reigns won at Fast lane that plan went out the window. What should you expect though? This company has fucked up everything time and time again where you now have to expect the eventual fuck up of anything good.

What heat? We knew that rusev would lose to cena since day 1.

Dude came in today with having knocked Cena out.

Dude left today with Cena having knocked him out, waking him up with water, making him physically tap with both hands multiple times, and then knocking him out again.

He genuinely couldn't have looked worse. Even if he was Bray Wyatt getting the shit kicked out of him to the point of crying and begging for his life on his knees.

ed: Brock's gone as hell, but that's got nothing to do with the company's shit booking and more to do with Dana paying him more.

Anth0ny

And yet people legit think Brock is staying for this half-ass trash

what does brock care? he has to work twice a year, stand around in a ring a couple times, and other than that just sit on his ass and collect his millions.

mother fucker has a private jet that picks him up from his house, brings him to the arena for WWE, then brings him home after the show. he's staying.

Heroman

Banned
Dude came in today with having knocked Cena out.

Dude left today with Cena having knocked him out, waking him up with water, making him physically tap with both hands multiple times, and then knocking him out again.

He genuinely couldn't have looked worse. Even if he was Bray Wyatt getting the shit kicked out of him to the point of crying and begging for his life on his knees.

He he knock out cena by using a low blow, he was already looked bad.

Top Bottom