• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Heyman sucked too. When do we stop cutting Paul slack for pulling a Stephanie and cutting the same promo every week?

When it stops being better than everything else on the show

So immediately after the Raw after Mania, when he and Brock ride off into the sunset together

Heyman sucked too. When do we stop cutting Paul slack for pulling a Stephanie and cutting the same promo every week?

I'd argue that Heyman is the only redeeming quality in terms of promos. I dare say he can do no wrong and can get all the free passes possible.

UberTag

Same promo every week or not he delivers it with impeccable execution and he's putting over the talent and putting over the match.
Who the fuck has Steph put over? What match has Steph helped build? Apart from her own match at Summerslam against Brie Bella? (Which, I might add, Steph won.)

It was pretty shameless how blatantly they were muting the Yes chants during Bryan's entrance. You could see the crowd reacting, and yet there was fuck all noise.

Same promo every week or not he delivers it with impeccable execution and he's putting over the talent and putting over the match.
Who the fuck has Steph put over? What match has Steph helped build? Apart from her own match at Summerslam against Brie Bella? (Which, I might add, Steph won.)

Pretty much. At least with Heyman you know he's not trying to just get himself over at the expense of absolutely everyone else.

Does Sunny Mac have a reason to play WWE 2K15?

43h70oI.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When they worked the mic cut into the worked shoot, all I could think was "this shoot is a work" it broke the barriers brother and it made the jabronies mark without a life into a shoot cause of a work when they can't tell a worked shoot from a shoot that was worked. Talking about eating Paul Heyman's ass, marks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not at all, but if we're gonna talk about shitty comments and finger point, gotta look at the source and realize you're part of the problem some nights, man.

Your ass is going back on ignore. Fuck off with that kind of talk while you try to justify sexism and racism.

Nobody was being sexist. The way you instantly go to misogyny misogyny misogyny (and insults) after that post (and ignore the follow ups explaining it) says a lot about you.

Paracelsus

How many times have we seen the

Kane and Big Show job like dorks -> someone calls them out -> Monstaheeal run -> back to job

? Five times?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody was being sexist. The way you instantly go to misogyny misogyny misogyny (and insults) after that post (and ignore the follow ups explaining it) says a lot about you.

EDIT: Totally got the response mixed up.

What a horrible night for this thread.

What are you talking about? People shitting on the music has nothing to do with racism.

And Heavy is an idiot. What else is new.

We talk shit about wrestling bodies all time in this thread. I got no problem with it. If you look like shit as a wrestler, you look like shit.

People in this thread wishing for injury to wrestlers and stating that Lawler should have died a few years ago. You mother fuckers take this way to seriously.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are you talking about? People shitting on the music has nothing to do with racism.

We talk shit about wrestling bodies all time in this thread. I got no problem with it. If you look like shit as a wrestler, you look like shit.

People in this thread wishing for injury to wrestlers and stating that Lawler should have died a few years ago. You mother fuckers take this way to seriously.

Very dark, between that and telling WWE to stop talking about cancer...very disappointed.

Raw threads are I guess always like this?

People here actually said this. Holy...

RP912

Banned

I don't care for Reigns like the next man but fuck this mindset along with the Lawler shit.

Deeper than wrestling :/...

All because they didn't like his commentary.

The Reigns stuff was said just because their favorite wrestler isn't going to main event for the second straight year

Seriously, nobody buys the "not ready yet" shit coming from anybody who hasn't been vocally saying it since 2014 while Bryan was out of the picture.

The Reigns stuff was said just because their favorite wrestler isn't going to main event for the second straight year

Seriously, nobody buys the "not ready yet" shit coming from anybody who hasn't been vocally saying it since 2014 while Bryan was out of the picture.

I have. And it isn't just Bryan. If built right, they could of had several others face him if they didn't methodically bury half there new talent. If I was anyone at NXT, I would try to wait till Vince retires.

if only it killed reigns amirite

Haven't wished death upon anybody. Yeah, I regret what I said about Roman, I'm sorry I said something like that. Just getting too upset about something I've been watching for 20 years. Don't really appreciate having people shoved down our throats. But once again I apologize.

The thing is, if WWE is already this bad heading into Mania, imagine how awful it will be in April - December. We could be looking at a historically bad wrestling product.

Toki767

The thing is, if WWE is already this bad heading into Mania, imagine how awful it will be in April - December. We could be looking at a historically bad wrestling product.

As soon as they hit 1 million Network subscribers, Vince must have gotten it in his mind that booking no longer matters.

He honestly does seem to be taking for granted that lots of new people are signing up for the Network just because it's Mania season.

Honestly curious what the drop off rate will be after.

scabro

Sources are saying that posters from Neogaf's "Wrasslin" thread, felt discontent over how much attention NXT's Bill Demott was receiving. Not wanting to be outdone, posters are reported to be trying their best to outdo NXT's Bill Demott. However, this attitude is said to be inherent, as no one here can stop being a fucking mark for themselves.

Subscribe to my newsletter.

wqubnBM.jpg

Anth0ny

i predict new wwe champion roman reigns enters a grueling two month feud with the big shoe after wrestlemania

UberTag

I don't think it'll be much worse once we get past part-timer season. Pre-WM booking has been largely atrocious for years now so I don't buy this mentality that "things will get worse because they've historically been better this time of year". They really haven't been barring unique circumstances typically surrounding CM Punk elevating an angle or triggering the D.Brine push by walking out.

There are some promising talents in NXT that could get elevated and deliver some fresh and promising new feuds and matches. Even Reigns' time in the main event should be better once he's free of the anchors that are The Big Show, Kane and being overshadowed by Heyman's promo skills and the hyperfocus of a Mania spot he's not ready for.

It'll be a great weight lifted off his shoulders and his program with Rollins should be solid... especially if Seth's not booked so much like a comedy act. Curious as to who his 2nd title program will be against although top candidates right now would appear to be Rusev, Wyatt and Sheamus.

We have so many quality alternatives for wrestling available right now from NXT, Lucha Underground and New Japan that saying we're looking at a historically bad wrestling product is nonsense. Even Ring of Honor should have some compelling months with New Japan's crossover involvement and the presence of Styles, Joe, Alberto, Lethal and others.

i predict new wwe champion roman reigns enters a grueling two month feud with the big shoe after wrestlemania

I predicted a couple of weeks ago that the big post-Mania Raw angle will be Sheamus turning heel and attacking Reigns to setup Reigns first title defense at Extreme Rules.

As soon as they hit 1 million Network subscribers, Vince must have gotten it in his mind that booking no longer matters.

He honestly does seem to be taking for granted that lots of new people are signing up for the Network just because it's Mania season.

Honestly curious what the drop off rate will be after.

I'm most likely going to stop watching WWE after mania, and check out some LU and Japanese wrestling.

Top Bottom