• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's good to see Connor receiving an award. I just hope that the WWE really takes heed to the Warrior wanting change like honor for the boys in the back...like the writers that get fired on a regular basis because Vince is picky.

Baby steps I supposed.

I'd like to see both awards exist.

seriously, what the fuck happened

Xism and Cism all in one. No STB-tier stuff though. But still not good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also I liked RAW quite a bit last night. It was a weird show in many ways, but very watchable. Some of you just need to lighten up a bit I think. (Shit is that racist?)

I'm conflicted about R-Truth. On one hand, he is a minstrel show. On the other hand, he's hilarious on commentary.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't watched wrestling in like 2 weeks now.

I can't imagine that'll change much with Cities and Hotline coming out today. I started helping my parents repaint the dining room, and that's a mother fucker. Then they want to change the floors too.

Ithil

Still way too many restholds. This is a WWE overall issue, but the women especially should be booked way more like cruiserweights, especially considering they never get more than 10-12 minutes. Just keep it high paced and play to the women's smaller stature, instead of the default WWE style bs of two minute rest holds.

They wrestle like it's the middle of a commercial break.

I have the Nakamura/Marufuji match from last week's NJPW on AXS to finish. Yujiro vs. Naito was okay, though it was chopped up for time.The match itself didn't feel like the grudge match that it probably should be. I appreciated that Ranallo and Barnett are able to carry the story from the previous week's episode, which featured Naito vs. Tanahashi and showed Tanahashi working over Naito's knee, into the Yujiro vs. Naito match. I understand why NJPW on AXS has clipped matches, but they aren't the best content on the show.

That said, Naito is a whiny one, isn't he?

I still need to watch the New Japan Cup first and second rounds from last week. There's just no time.

In the spirit of last night's shameful posting, let us revisit Nakamura's question: "who is whiter, Yano or Shiozaki?" I'm assuming that Nakamura's asking who is paler, but I don't think of Shiozaki as Sheamus-levels of pale.

jmdajr

Also I liked RAW quite a bit last night. It was a weird show in many ways, but very watchable. Some of you just need to lighten up a bit I think. (Shit is that racist?)

I'm conflicted about R-Truth. On one hand, he is a minstrel show. On the other hand, he's hilarious on commentary.

They are giving time to build up every match at mania. Doing it to good effect is a whole other story, but they are doing it.

FyreWulff

So I went and looked it up

Last time the US title was defended and changed hands at Wrestlemania was 22, when JBL won it from Chris Benoit.

The last time the US title was in a Wrestlemania was WM 23, when Benoit wrestled MVP for the title and retained.

It has not made an appearance since then. The closest it got was the pointless pre-WM27 dark match between Sheamus and Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I went and looked it up

Last time the US title was defended and changed hands at Wrestlemania was 22, when JBL won it from Chris Benoit.

The last time the US title was in a Wrestlemania was WM 23, when Benoit wrestled MVP for the title and retained.

It has not made an appearance since then. The closest it got was the pointless pre-WM27 dark match between Sheamus and Bryan.

Pretty cool how Rusev has been able to elevate that title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Quite the knockoff Bullet Club shirt:
YnyehHu.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He hasn't elevated it. As soon as it's off him, it'll go back to the drudges. It's the same thing as the IC title in NJPW. The title isn't over with the person holding it. The person holding it is over and the title is just related to it. You need a large division of competition to elevate a title.

XenoRaven

Also, I truly believe there is no chance in hell Lesnar goes to UFC. He's just negotiating. He's done with training camps. He knows if he goes back he'll be exposed again, and his age IS a factor.

The only way to get the title off of Brock is to have Seth do it. Keeps Lesnar still legendary, and puts him in a chase story, which is great. Which means we get Bork destroying things to try to get to Seth.
Are they finally going with the "Authority is sick of part timer holding title hostage so they're going to try and screw him out of it story"? Because that's what I expected they would do to get the title off of Brock but no one in here was talking about it and I didn't see anything about it in the short 2-6 minute RAW clips on WWE.com, which is how I keep up with the product now. It's a story that pretty much writes itself. People want to cheer for Brock anyway.

DMczaf

Meltzer burying the fuck out of WWE for being racist to their core, with last night's treatment of Black characters as his proof.

"Bu-but! They got rid of DeMott! Everything is good now!"

Also, Meltzer was told straight up that the Sting voice thing was suppose to be "Black Scorpion Sting"

Yes, the Sting that wasn't Sting was Sting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzer burying the fuck out of WWE for being racist to their core, with last night's treatment of Black characters as his proof.

Also, Meltzer was told straight up that the Sting voice thing was suppose to be "Black Scorpion Sting"

The...The Sting voice wasn't Sting? But it was?

What in the god damn hell?

Penguin

Where is this?

Kaladin

Real Talk:

I hate when they have a guest in the announce booth. It gives them an excuse to not call the match and have a conversation with the guy they have there.

I could hardly pay attention to BNB vs DB. They were chatting with R-Truth the whole time.

It's the same thing as the IC title in NJPW. The title isn't over with the person holding it. The person holding it is over and the title is just related to it. You need a large division of competition to elevate a title.

The title isn't over in the sense that it'd make someone's career by winning it, but that's the goal - if whoever takes the IC belt from Nakamura can do the job he does, main eventing shows and drawing fans to the secondary PPVs, then they'll at least be on their way to the belt being properly over. I think Ibushi could do it, possibly Naito as well.

God, I thought we were rid of Sopranos references.

iM7ZPbxgJyE5b.jpg

Penguin

The worst thing about this Mania... so far

It doesn't have that one match that you can at least hope will tear the house down.
I'm sure the IC Ladder match will be fine, but not what want.

I mean Reigns/Lesnar? Rusev/Cena? Sting/HHH? Bellas/AJ/Paige? Orton and Rollins could be the MoTN

DMczaf

People acting like R-Truth hasn't been a minstrel act for years.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

It feels like they turned it up lately though. Doesn't remember names, his vocabulary has regressed, he's doing even more Looney Tunes shit.

And I'm talking about a man who was talking to an invisible boy for several years!

Fuck this company.

Jamie OD

The...The Sting voice wasn't Sting? But it was?

What in the god damn hell?

Black Scorpion was a mysterious wrestler Sting feuded with in early WCW. Problem was nobody in charge had figured out who Scorpion was supposed to be. Their first choice was an obscure wrestler Sting teamed with early in his career (no, not Ultimate Warrior) but that was rejected because nobody would have known who he was. They finally decided it would be Ric Flair.

It feels like they turned it up lately though. Doesn't remember names, his vocabulary has regressed, he's doing even more Looney Tunes shit.

And I'm talking about a man who was talking to an invisible boy for several years!

Fuck this company.

What about "I'm a GOOOOODDD R-Truth?"

It only feels worse because he's been more visible lately. I have no idea how they concluded that pushing this version (or really, any version, given how tainted the character's history is) of R-Truth around WrestleMania season was a good idea.

Top Bottom