• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

The should takes the women,off tv for a,month or 2. Scap the divas name,and belt they have too much negative baggage.

Bring back the woman's division. Have a tournament to,crown the first champ.

NXT Diva Invasion!

waiting for Cities: Skylines to get release so I can cure the Raw bug.

I haven't been this excited for a game in a while. I'll be pouring the hours in tonight for sure. Stupid Steam centric time lock.

Wrestlemania 2000

Wrestlemania Play

The history of WMs without the correct Roman numeral is not good.

Is this one really called Wrestlemania Play?

RP912

Banned
Troof stuff is a given since he's always been stuck with the worst gimmick since Flash Funk. I thought we made progress with Conspiracy Truth....guess not :(

I haven't been this excited for a game in a while. I'll be pouring the hours in tonight for sure. Stupid Steam centric time lock.

indeed friend. Thank goodness for the streams because I seriously was going to look over this since I confused this game with the Cities XL game.

Patryn

If Wrestlemania does end up being a disaster, do you think the WWE changes course? Do they double down on Reigns and build up a Rollins/Reign feud? Do they go even more stupid and do Reigns/Sheamus?

At this point, what does the Raw after Mania even look like?

The best part of the Bella Twins is Nikki Lex Luger forearming the shit out of divas

KO Diva!

Even money that Rollins cashes in at Mania to fuck over everyone's plans.

JavyOO7

Cena vs Rusev should be a good match. With how good Rusev is, he's going to make Cena look stronk.

I wouldn't mind if that match was the main event. The build up has been caca but the hardcore/marks/smarks/whatever who are going to be in WM that day will probably have a fun time with chants and cheering whenever Rusev does something. They'll be invested in the match...

JavyOO7

If Wrestlemania does end up being a disaster, do you think the WWE changes course? Do they double down on Reigns and build up a Rollins/Reign feud? Do they go even more stupid and do Reigns/Sheamus?

At this point, what does the Raw after Mania even look like?

There's no shame in doubling down on Reigns.

Give him a dynasty run. Just make him look like a world beater once he gets the title and let him run wild on the entire roster. Let him find his voice on the mic. Book him with appropriate opponents. Its so easy to book him yet the fleet of twenty-something writers are allergic to decent writing.

indeed friend. Thank goodness for the streams because I seriously was going to look over this since I confused this game with the Cities XL game.

Yeah, it's been a great example of creative use of youtube/streamers for marketing. One of my friends got a free key due to his 'reputation' streaming strategy & city builder games exclusively.

There's no shame in doubling down on Reigns.

Give him a dynasty run. Just make him look like a world beater once he gets the title and let him run wild on the entire roster. Let him find his voice on the mic. Book him with appropriate opponents. Its so easy to book him yet the fleet of twenty-something writers are allergic to decent writing.

It's that simple!

Pizoxuat

I will always be a fan of Truth because of his amazing heel turn. Which they fucked up by making Little Jimmy into an invisible kid instead of an insulting way to refer to the kids covered in Cena merch but whatever. He had at least two amazing, blistering promos out of it.

DMczaf

Seriously can't believe they did a Black Scorpion reference for Sting's first WWE build, and they got the reference wrong anyway!

26 WRITERS!

Sephzilla

This WrestleMania has been such a bunch of missed opportunities.

No Bryan vs Brock.

No Stardust vs Golddust.

No Taker vs Sting
fuck you guys I want it

No Miz vs Mizdow

No payoff to either Ambrose/Rollins or Roman/Rollins

R truth's initial heel turn where he stopped giving a fuck and started smoking indoors was incredible

I will always be a fan of Truth because of his amazing heel turn. Which they fucked up by making Little Jimmy into an invisible kid instead of an insulting way to refer to the kids covered in Cena merch but whatever. He had at least two amazing, blistering promos out of it.

One of the best characters in wrestling for sure. R-Truth seems to be one of those wrestlers that always go under the radar, but has a few real standout moments in his career.

DMczaf

WWE sucks. Raw sucks. WWE is racist. Mania sucks.

EVERYTHING SUCKS!

From the last couple of weeks, Dave sounds like he really has lost confidence in Vince. In the past, Dave has always been optimistic about Vince turning things around, but now he firmly believes he's lost it.

It's sad :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yes maam. R-Truth got an INVISIBLE PERSON over. That's amazing. It was wonderful.

Of course this Wrestlemania build is terrible, Vince wants everyone to only remember Reigns beating Brock.

It felt like last night Vince gave up on Reigns and decided to fall back to Cena and Orton. He let Heyman basically go full on face and Reigns was a side show to the Orton - Rollins stuff.

How is it the WWE is always the worst company when it comes to booking black talent? Right now TNA, ROH and Lucha Underground all feature black talent in a far better way than the WWE.

Unskippable cutscenes in 2015, other cutscenes you need to button through in order to get to the gameplay, more limited player choices in Hotline Miami 2 than in the original (have to play certain stages with certain characters). Just seems more bloated than the original, which was lean like Finn Balor.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I only watch turtles do puroresu.
ufhA3Ko.gif

How is it the WWE is always the worst company when it comes to booking black talent? Right now TNA, ROH and Lucha Underground all feature black talent in a far better way than the WWE.

It's weird that Sunny will post about how he'll ignore someone for posting racist/sexist things but won't ignore the WWE weekly show.

It was unfortunately inevitable that Stardust/Goldust and Miz/Mizdow was never going to happen at Wrestlemania.
Keep in mind that despite 4 hours to fill this is the ppv event that has over recent years almost consistently had one match end in under 2 or 3 minutes (or even the fabled 13 odd seconds for Bryan/Sheamus) and manages to short change other match ups with them getting half the time they should due to excessive promo reels on random fluff, backstage segments, musical numbers and on two occasions Trips and Taker clawing around the mat for faaaar longer than necessary to try and force the ferocity of their matches.

If we got Miz/Mizdow it'd probably end in a rollup on Miz in the first minute while the Rhodes brothers get 5 whole minutes to try and tell their story before we swiftly make way for Jim Duggan and a celebrity guest screaming together backstage while Cole forces a laugh, instead everyone will get forced into the card through multi man matches.
So at this point I'm just hoping the ladder match gets a good run time like the earlier MitB matches and not the later ones which were beginning to fill the battle royale role on a smaller scale.

Penguin

From the last couple of weeks, Dave sounds like he really has lost confidence in Vince. In the past, Dave has always been optimistic about Vince turning things around, but now he firmly believes he's lost it.

It's sad :(

Well wouldn't you?

How many people here are genuinely excited for WrestleMania and will watch outside of it being WrestleMania?

It's not even a Reigns thing, it just feels like this Mania season has no fire to it. No real luster.

So many great angles seem to be dropped in favor of getting all of these part-timers on the card, and then wanting the entire roster to get in on the show.

I feel bad for the people who are there the other 11 months of the year as they get to be a side-note on the biggest show of the year.

And even then they can't make a compelling angle out of it.

Top to bottom this card doesn't feel special. The build doesn't feel special. The Raws haven't felt special. Hell, the theme for this year sucks... personal taste. It sounds like nothing!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really a shame DmC Definitive Edition still is inferior to the PC version. To be fair though that PC version was INCREDIBLE. I can fuck with it though for the added difficulties and AI behavior options. Good shit. Great game. Can only be better now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird that Sunny will post about how he'll ignore someone for posting racist/sexist things but won't ignore the WWE weekly show.

My reasons are my own! I don't really want to get into it, but it wasn't for that. I'll be happy to explain via PM but I doubt it's important enough to do.

It was unfortunately inevitable that Stardust/Goldust and Miz/Mizdow was never going to happen at Wrestlemania.
Keep in mind that despite 4 hours to fill this is the ppv event that has over recent years almost consistently had one match end in under 2 or 3 minutes (or even the fabled 13 odd seconds for Bryan/Sheamus) and manages to short change other match ups with them getting half the time they should due to excessive promo reels on random fluff, backstage segments, musical numbers and on two occasions Trips and Taker clawing around the mat for faaaar longer than necessary to try and force the ferocity of their matches.

If we got Miz/Mizdow it'd probably end in a rollup on Miz in the first minute while the Rhodes brothers get 5 whole minutes to try and tell their story before we swiftly make way for Jim Duggan and a celebrity guest screaming together backstage while Cole forces a laugh, instead everyone will get forced into the card through multi man matches.
So at this point I'm just hoping the ladder match gets a good run time like the earlier MitB matches and not the later ones which were beginning to fill the battle royale role on a smaller scale.

Mizdow turning on Miz at Mania will probably be the one thing everybody here absolutely likes. Why would you want it done earlier and instead have a match between them that Sandow would likely lose at the event

Top Bottom