• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

bjork

You...you want to ban bet?

......hmm

This sounds interesting. For a year...

Well, it depends. They outlawed them back when I was a low-level positive addition to OT, because of my hotdog contest ban bets. So we'd have to bet but then request the ban from a mod, since they'll do those. But if you made a thread about it (unless they somehow sanctioned another one for old time's sake), I would imagine they wouldn't honor it.

But yeah, I'm down. All we need is specific rules, because yo I got done dirty on that last hotdog contest.

Toki767

Betting your account over this seems really stupid. I mean, what do you gain? The other person is gone, so the community gets smaller along with the knowledge that you're right?

Is your account really worth that little?

Ban/avatar bets are silly in general.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We could do a Shame Bet. Where we get a shameful avatar and have an admin tag us with something shameful. I couldn't imagine the irritation I'd feel if my name was Vince McMahon, stuck with a loli avatar and an uguu tag, trying to make a point somewhere.

GBLc3sr.png

Sums it up perfectly. This is the first WM that i really just don't give a shit for. It's so dull and anything slightly interesting is being ruined by showing up part time or not at all.

Buying SS tickets next week, hopefully they have something decent lined up. -_-

RP912

Banned
Avatar bets are actually tolerable. The army of breeze was glorious and painful to watch. We could have been a den of TMFs.

bjork

Betting your account over this seems really stupid. I mean, what do you gain? The other person is gone, so the community gets smaller along with the knowledge that you're right?

Is your account really worth that little?

It adds a little something extra to something that'll be fairly dull, or not as exciting as you'd hoped.

Look at people getting all goofy in the 2008 hotdog contest thread.

Sums it up perfectly. This is the first WM that i really just don't give a shit for. It's so dull and anything slightly interesting is being ruined by showing up part time or not at all.

Buying SS tickets next week, hopefully they have something decent lined up. -_-

3 of the biggest matches have guys that don't even show up (Sting, Taker), guys that barely talk (Reigns, Brock), and guys that talk too much (HHH, Bray).

Patryn

It's not about the result, it's about the drama that unfolds when the stakes are high. I'll make bets on anything just to add some drama to whatever I bet on.

It adds a little something extra to something that'll be fairly dull, or not as exciting as you'd hoped.

Look at people getting all goofy in the 2008 hotdog contest thread.

I think this is why I don't gamble. The couple times I tried it all I could think of was the possibility of losing something and so the entire thing had a sour and anxious feeling that was the opposite of fun.

bjork

I think this is why I don't gamble. The couple times I tried it all I could think of was the possibility of losing something and so the entire thing had a sour and anxious feeling that was the opposite of fun.

I don't like gambling money or things like that, but a forum account? And it's not a perm? Sure, it's all in good fun.

We could do a Shame Bet. Where we get a shameful avatar and have an admin tag us with something shameful. I couldn't imagine the irritation I'd feel if my name was Vince McMahon, stuck with a loli avatar and an uguu tag, trying to make a point somewhere.

Indeed. Ban bets are stupid. Shame bets are great.

jmdajr

Andre Johnson joining the Colts? My god. Sad thing our organization are more the heels.

Well..at least they announced a Zoolander 2, so that helps.

a little.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shame Bets for a year? On Lesnar or Reigns winning? Maybe we just make it an event, instead of a 1v1 bet...

bjork

A year might as well be a perm, because I doubt I'd bother coming back after that long of a period of time.

You can still view the forum, so since I use it as my window into the world, I'd still be around. Just couldn't grace you all with my wonderful wisdom.

bjork

Avatar bets hold more at stake if someone almost never changes their avatar. Or their name, etc.

Too bad we don't have an admin as a regular here, tag bets could happen if ban bets can't.

Top Bottom