• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Madusa's in great shape for the HoF this year. Good on her. Ain't easy at 51 years old. Sure there's a little work done...

84ushzx.jpg

I loved her so much.

Ah Wrestlemania 18....the year Jericho got shafted by having to go on after Rock / Hogan.

HHH winning the undisputed title after injury was always gonna main event whatever PPV it happened. Mania wasn't gonna end with the NWO getting its ass kicked, even though that was probably one of Vince's sweet dreams at one point.

Ah Wrestlemania 18....the year Jericho got shafted by having to go on after Rock / Hogan.

Fortunately Drowning Pool were on hand to help "tell the story" of the trips and Jericho saga adding their live music to a tale of a marital spat that gets a dog run over, also the undisputed champ Jericho may have been involved as well.
Then again this is the same ppv with the infamous Japanese shampoo commercial booking for Edge and Booker T so par for the course.

I've just remembered that I never saw the Backlash ppv following this, can't imagine there's much of note but I may give it a curiosity look, Trips dropping the title to Hogan so soon kind of makes his WM win over Jericho even lesser.

Back to X8, as much as it pains me to say this I can't help but think Angle was wasted here fighting Kane in a rather meaningless midcard match at a point where Angle had been main eventing quite consistently, still good mind you (kane bias initiated).

Could the nWo era have gonna longer if they haven't had the Rock defeat them?

I think the bigger issue was Hogan being over with the fans regardless so they turned him face as opposed to Rock's victory derailing things.
Then again they tried to continue the floundering modern NWO afterwards which basically became the Kliq if I recall, Nash, HBK and X-Pac.
Oh and Booker T as well, how strange that all was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It also didn't help that Hall was in a pretty bad place personally when he came in.

If Hall is to be believed, he was in a good place when he came in. Them giving Stone Cold the first major win and not telling him until the day of when he was told he'd win and then Austin would win the next match to keep the feud going, peeling Hogan off and putting them in a nothing feud is what put him in a 'pretty bad place personally.'

I think the bigger issue was Hogan being over with the fans regardless so they turned him face as opposed to Rock's victory derailing things.
Then again they tried to continue the floundering modern NWO afterwards which basically became the Kliq if I recall, Nash, HBK and X-Pac.
Oh and Booker T as well, how strange that all was.
I totally forgot HBK was with them. He would of been great as part of original crew

Back to X8, as much as it pains me to say this I can't help but think Angle was wasted here fighting Kane in a rather meaningless midcard match at a point where Angle had been main eventing quite consistently, still good mind you (kane bias initiated).
I wonder if they had planned to make the main event a triple threat match with Angle and canned it. If I recall correctly, HHH and Angle fought at No Way Out over the Wrestlemania title shot, which Angle won after some shenanigans.... And HHH rewon the opportunity the next night on Raw.

Looking back, that is really jarring, lol.

TheBear

Mark Henry did an interview and he said, having faced both Reigns and Lesnar, that he thinks Reigns can beat Lesnar.

This is the fucking dumbest thing I have ever read. This is not how you get someone over

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mark Henry did an interview and he said, having faced both Reigns and Lesnar, that he thinks Reigns can beat Lesnar.

This is the fucking dumbest thing I have ever read. This is not how you get someone over

Its really hilarious to me how they keep trying to get Reigns over by having other wrestlers and characters slobber over how great he is. All they had to do was not let him talk.

oh, well, now i'm convinced!
Do you guys remember when wrestlers would have to verbally submit rather than tap out?

i remember when Ryback did that because Miz was hurting him too much

jmdajr

Fortunately Drowning Pool were on hand to help "tell the story" of the trips and Jericho saga adding their live music to a tale of a marital spat that gets a dog run over, also the undisputed champ Jericho may have been involved as well.
Then again this is the same ppv with the infamous Japanese shampoo commercial booking for Edge and Booker T so par for the course.

I've just remembered that I never saw the Backlash ppv following this, can't imagine there's much of note but I may give it a curiosity look, Trips dropping the title to Hogan so soon kind of makes his WM win over Jericho even lesser.

I just remember HHH having to job to Hogan soon after. Thanks Canada!

Kaladin

Big Cass, still looking like a Stretch Armstrong version of Adrian Neville.

11037568_803025753080324_3769494384163062610_n.jpg

Seriously, dude needs to hit the gym, get some definition in that height.

MC Safety

This is the year the WWE stretches the definition of "hall of famer" to its breaking point.

The good news is that Aldo Montoya is going to have a very awesome 2019.

Top Bottom