• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Kaladin

Who just bought the next to last front row ticket to an NXT house show in Jacksonville, FL in April?

This guy.

I wasn't going to go, but if they're going to be touring nationally as soon as May, it may be my last shot to see them like this in FL.

Regarding call-ups, there's no word on NXT Champion Kevin Owens or Sami Zayn getting brought to the main roster but there has been a lot of talk about NXT Women's Champion Sasha Banks
Well, it was a fun ride enjoying a well booked heel women's wrestler, but it's all downhill from here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sasha's gonna be alright. She has MANY years to work. She's also an effective politicker. She'll be alright.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know who WWE will sign next.
zpK8NjF.gif

Preferably to tag with Jay Briscoe.

Showaddy

As was a bit inevitable given his ego and the amount of praise NXT gets now, HHH is losing sight of the whole "developmental for training for the main roster" view in favour of NXT borderline turning into its own promotion inside WWE. Once you start hiring indie talent specifically to be the top stars of your NXT shows you've forgotten the purpose.

Not that anyone minds, as this mini-promotion is a lot better than regular WWE.

Wouldn't surprise me if they create another promotion just for development talents, either that or they turn it into a 2 hour show. They've got so many people in development who'll never see the light of day at this rate if they just keep hiring proven quality from the Indies.

notworksafe

At you guy's advice I'm going to watch the go home Raw before WM28 before I jump into the PPV.

Of course I already got spoiled on the Raw after WM28 by the thumbnail and I'm more hype for that than anything else

1257909_o.gif

I don't want WWE's stink on Santa Maria.

Imagine all the "hilarious" commentary

Imagine the clusterfuck matches because no one could get that comedic timing down

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wouldn't surprise me if they create another promotion just for development talents, either that or they turn it into a 2 hour show. They've got so many people in development who'll never see the light of day at this rate if they just keep hiring proven quality from the Indies.

They've got the other promotion already, it's called Smackdown.

somedevil

As was a bit inevitable given his ego and the amount of praise NXT gets now, HHH is losing sight of the whole "developmental for training for the main roster" view in favour of NXT borderline turning into its own promotion inside WWE. Once you start hiring indie talent specifically to be the top stars of your NXT shows you've forgotten the purpose.

Not that anyone minds, as this mini-promotion is a lot better than regular WWE.

I see it as a bit of ego but if NXT becomes a touring brand they will need top Indie talent to replace the ones called up to Raw. So they can still train but go to the Indies to get the top talent to use to keep the Brand strong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Smackdown is Prime Time Wrestling without the host segments. IE the only reason you watched Prime time Wrestling. Otherwise it's just a bunch of nothing filler.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ruthless aggression era smackdown was a different promotion. Smackdown now is some sort of vestigial boil growing out of raw's ass

See the ideal situation is that the NXT invade Smackdown and no one notices for a few weeks because it is, as you said, just a pale RAW imitation most of the time.

Kaladin

NXT really does have the potential to bring back the fans that WWE lost to the indies.

It's quality wrestling with both established indie names and new faces.

It's a product with the same feel as your favorite indie wrestling promotion but without the production issues.

They seem to have the right kind of booking who knows how to use the stars they have, and the smark crowds respond to that.

There is a constant feeling like the roster and show could see something new at any time as major names are called up or new names are created and signed.

NXT has all the building blocks to be a nail in the coffin for indie promotions who lets face it, aren't as popular as they once were.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finished watching TAKA Michinoku, Kuuga & Dynamite Kansai vs. Sanshiro Takagi, HUB & Yuu Yamagata. Kana Pro's match selection seems REALLY random.
1WDD4pv.gif

Rc0FnVE.gif

Only Kansai and HUB really impressed me. Kansai is always great though, so I always expect great things from her. Her heel gear is pretty rad. Makes her look like a super villain from a 90s anime. I don't know how HUB's mask isn't an automatic DQ when he keeps whipping the shit out of people with the tail.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is hilarious that now Spike is apparently interested in ROH to cross promote Bellator...and WWE is interested in taking everyone not too racist or too old from ROH!

Kaladin

It is hilarious that now Spike is apparently interested in ROH to cross promote Bellator...and WWE is interested in taking everyone not too racist or too old from ROH!

If ROH goes to Spike, that will likely come to an end as ROH will have to work to firm up their contracts more like TNA has.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If ROH goes to Spike, that will likely come to an end as ROH will have to work to firm up their contracts more like TNA has.

Indeed.

Will there be anyone left right now by the time this happens? Will Spike then just turn around and siphon talent off of TNA?

NXT really does have the potential to bring back the fans that WWE lost to the indies.

It's quality wrestling with both established indie names and new faces.

It's a product with the same feel as your favorite indie wrestling promotion but without the production issues.

They seem to have the right kind of booking who knows how to use the stars they have, and the smark crowds respond to that.

There is a constant feeling like the roster and show could see something new at any time as major names are called up or new names are created and signed.

NXT has all the building blocks to be a nail in the coffin for indie promotions who lets face it, aren't as popular as they once were.

And then they go to the main roster and be shit.

Also the indies are doing better than any other time period

Ithil

Since a lot of DeMott stories are coming out with him gone, one of them is that at the NXT Takeover show, he was the agent for the Kevin Owens vs. C.J. Parker match. So the match you saw was the match they worked out. DeMott didn't like it between not wanting so many moves in the opener and didn't like the big guy doing the flip dive (which is funny because DeMott first made his name in Japan by being a 300 pound guy who always did a moonsault). Steen complained to Levesque about it and Levesque just said to let Kevin do what he wants.

Some abstract notion is indicating Owens might be one of HHH's favourites.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Some abstract notion is indicating Owens might be one of HHH's favourites.

I would not be surprised if that was the case. Owens is a guy who has all the tools: Charisma, Mic Skills, Ring Psychology, Work Rate, Passion. The only thing that would go against him would be his look, but even in WWE, that might be a plus for him anyways. Literally no one else on the roster looks like Kevin Owens, which makes him unique. Trips said it himself, you need guys with a wide variety of looks and skill sets, otherwise everyone looks the same.

In fact, I think the main reason Triple H would like him is because Owens has something that can never be taught: Motivation. A guy can have all the tricks of the trade and the looks to use them, but if he doesn't have the motivation, he will never use them the way he should. It's well known that even during his tryout, Kevin Owens WANTED to be the best, and did the work to prove it.

So yeah, I expect Owens to be a HHH guy.

somedevil

Smackdown aired in Canada and this how it ends:

Ambrose:"You're a turd Bryan". He leaves.

Ziggler:"I don't agree with Ambrose on a lot of things but yea you're a turd". He also leaves.

Bryan is smiling with perplexing smile on his face like "WTF?".

Show ends.

Awesome writing.

edit: Smackdown ends with Bryan making this face:

Ithil

I would not be surprised if that was the case. Owens is a guy who has all the tools: Charisma, Mic Skills, Ring Psychology, Work Rate, Passion. The only thing that would go against him would be his look, but even in WWE, that might be a plus for him anyways. Literally no one else on the roster looks like Kevin Owens, which makes him unique. Trips said it himself, you need guys with a wide variety of looks and skill sets, otherwise everyone looks the same.

In fact, I think the main reason Triple H would like him is because Owens has something that can never be taught: Motivation. A guy can have all the tricks of the trade and the looks to use them, but if he doesn't have the motivation, he will never use them the way he should. It's well known that even during his tryout, Kevin Owens WANTED to be the best, and did the work to prove it.

So yeah, I expect Owens to be a HHH guy.
Just look at his booking in NXT, HHH basically made Owens his own Brock Lesnar equivalent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
3kLsPtI.gif

8rEhAB6.gif

NjOfpk7.gif

Y4Ft24w.gif

I just watched Hamada kill Arisa Nakajima for 20 minutes. Also I think Ryuji Ito and Jun Kasai were there.
Hamada takes a licking as well.
wXtkr17.gif

8seHAOo.gif

Arisa takes so much god damn abuse in this match. It's ridiculous. Thrown into barbwire. Bodyslammed onto barbwire. Receiving some Rock vs Mankind level chair shots from Hamada. At some point, it's a little hard to watch. She was the bloodiest at the end of the match. Keep in mind, she was in a match with fucking Jun Kasai and Ryuji Ito, and SHE was the bloodiest.

Cagey

Banned
How many fans has WWE actually lost to the indies, come on.

The Venn diagram of indie wrestling fans and indie fans who watch WWE is a single circle.

The fans WWE lost aren't watching wrestling anymore.

notworksafe

How many fans has WWE actually lost to the indies, come on.

The Venn diagram of indie wrestling fans and indie fans who watch WWE is a single circle.

The fans WWE lost aren't watching wrestling anymore.

I dunno. There was a decent chunk of time where my friends and I weren't watching WWE but still went to indie shows.

Top Bottom