• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Cagey

Banned
Big Cass is turning into a seven foot tall Chris Hero. Come on big guy. Hit the weights and get a clue.

Hero is on Cheap Heat this week. I hope they ask about his lack of any discipline getting him booted from NXT.

notworksafe

Okay I guess tonight isn't the night for wrestling. Network is running like trash for some reason. Can't even get through this Raw without it pausing to buffer every few minutes

T M F

Hnh8u7Z.gif

Alucard

Banned
Man, Johnny Mundo feels like a huge deal in Lucha Underground. The crowd loves him.

About to start watching the cage match. Feels really unique.

B_1qQOXUIAAA8tf.jpg:large

And next week there's a coffin/casket/"Grave consequences" match.

Cheap Heat was good this week. Too bad Chris Hero got cut.

He also had an interesting tidbit about Cena.
Cena wanted to turn heel in 2011, and bought trunks and Ric Flair robes for his new heel persona.

You guys were not joking about the Konnan hype video on Lucha Underground, it was great, WWE needs to hire those guys and give them total freedom, and maybe they can make fans care about Roman.

Thorakai

You guys were not joking about the Konnan hype video on Lucha Underground, it was great, WWE needs to hire those guys and give them total freedom, and maybe they can make fans care about Roman.

I haven't watched Lucha Undeground yet to see this Konnan video, but the WWE generally does put together amazing video packages that make a crappy feud appear amazing. My standouts for this is The Miz's video package for that Mania main event and the Hornswaggle vs Torito WeeLC match. The problem is that they just don't rely on their video much at all in the feud build-up. That episode of Raw where the arena was snowed out showed how much those types of segments adds to the feud and wrestlers' personas. Kinda ironic they shy away from that when they still push the word sports entertainment over wrestling.

I haven't watched Lucha Undeground yet to see this Konnan video, but the WWE generally does put together amazing video packages that make a crappy feud appear amazing. My standouts for this is The Miz's video package for that Mania main event and the Hornswaggle vs Torito WeeLC match. The problem is that they just don't rely on their video much at all in the feud build-up. That episode of Raw where the arena was snowed out showed how much those types of segments adds to the feud and wrestlers' personas. Kinda ironic they shy away from that when they still push the word sports entertainment over wrestling.

Yeah, they can make a nothing match feel special with a hype video if they want, but they rarely make a video that makes you believe that said wrestler is ready, is the #1. It also helps that LU backs it with good booking unlike WWE.

Wow!, The main event cage match was great, one of my favorite if not my favorite cage match in a long time. First, no stupid door ruining the match; the cage was a bit short but I liked that both Mundo and Cuerno rarely tried to escape (only when it made sense to try); both used the cage as a weapon in an interesting ways, specially Cuerno; I also liked that they were there to fight and not to run, how many times do we see the face finally get the heel in a cage match and the first thing they try to do is escape when the logic of the match is that the heel cannot run so the face can punish him?; finally, the crazy ending.

MOTYC so far.

Kaladin

How many fans has WWE actually lost to the indies, come on.

The Venn diagram of indie wrestling fans and indie fans who watch WWE is a single circle.

The fans WWE lost aren't watching wrestling anymore.

Plenty. Especially before you had guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan on the main roster. A lot of those fans in the mid to later '00's gravitated to the indies because of the better work rate of the talent. Many of them did not watch WWE either. Indies don't feel as popular as they were then....and I'm talking true indies, not Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground.

Apparently Ishii finds it amusing that he's become so popular at the tail end of his career, especially in the US & UK, where it seems crazy to him that he'd be front & centre on a poster ahead of Nakamura & Styles.

So what did Meltzer have to say about PWG?

Basically, it's awesome, he had a hell of a time and put over the crowd huge, he says PWG could be much bigger but they're content to stay at this level, as moving venues would risk losing the atmosphere and with a fluctuating talent roster it's hard to guarantee they'll always have the star power to sell out a bigger place. He also put over how hard everyone works, big mention for Mike Bailey in that regard, and said that the wrestler's know they can make an instant name for themselves with a PWG booking.

Toki767

Oh...that whole calling Bryan a turd part at the end of Smackdown actually stuck around in the live broadcast...worst build up to a WrestleMania ever.

Oh...that whole calling Bryan a turd part at the end of Smackdown actually stuck around in the live broadcast...worst build up to a WrestleMania ever.

It's like they're trying to make up for last year's actually interesting build by making this year as frustratingly bad as possible.

Hasney

Damn, Alexa's new music is much better,

Overall, she's been doing some work while she's been away. I liked that snap of aggression when she caught Carmellas leg and the sparkle splash is a nice finish, especially for a diva.

It's like they're trying to make up for last year's actually interesting build by making this year as frustratingly bad as possible.

Let's just re-live the excellence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsX1ATcyQxU

Hasney

edit: How is nxt building up Riley return to face Owens so much better than Roman Reigns?

No idea, holy shit at that promo though. I didn't think he had it in him. Shows what a guy can do with some good material.

Shit production though. They've already advertised Owens V Riley next week and they're talking like Rileys not been granted the match yet.

chunk3rvd

In other Lucha goodness Rey de Rey's is 10 bucks this Saturday

On PPV in 3D as well! Wish there was some way to get that outside of Mexico. I've always thought that wrestling was something that would look cool on a 3D TV. Anyone ever seen anything in 3D? I know PCW had a Blu Ray out for a bit but I ordered a copy and they were out of stock and haven't re-stocked since

Top Bottom