• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

I like the idea of going out on a high note.

The carny code won't allow this. And I don't see where The Rock, say, putting over the up-and-comer John Cena is any better or worse than the Rock walking off with a victory.

At the risk of sounding like cm punk, it's because the other guy is going to be there the next day

On the train to Preston for PCW Road to Glory. Any other gaffers attending this weekend? Shame about the talent that's dropped out but still looks like a fun tournament:

(Swap out Justin Gabriel for mystery replacement)

How was it?

I'm only from down the road so went to all the shows for a year or two but decided to pack it in for a while.

Shows like tonight don't appeal too much there is so much talent around yet he's using the likes of Ricardo, Carlito; Eugene and Matt hardy and having fucking musical chair competitions!

My mate who I usually go with went and got a booth said it was terrible apart from the amazing Osprey match.

Striker

I like the idea of going out on a high note.

The carny code won't allow this. And I don't see where The Rock, say, putting over the up-and-comer John Cena is any better or worse than the Rock walking off with a victory.
The Rock's retirement match was:

D9WpLEW.jpg

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I now have tickets for NXT at 'Mania. I'm looking forward to that more than 'Mania (if we don't include the entrances).

somedevil

WWE is looking for more extras for another entrance:

WWE has another casting agency in California working to hire extras that will play the role of scarecrows at WrestleMania 31. It sounds like these could be for Bray Wyatt or Sting's entrance.

Gonzalez

Banned
I now want to know what wrestlers won their retirement matches.

I am pretty sure Antonio inoki won his but he is the kind of asshole who would do that.
Unless a Japanese wrestler hasn't wrestled for an extended period of time, or is a jobber, usually a top star never loses his retirement match.

The show started with a really nice video package setting up tonight's big blood feud matches. I liked EY-Roode, but it felt a lot like a video game match with tons of chops and punches, some moves, and then big spots thrown in without much of a story. The use of the chair fit the story they told last week though, with EY costing Roode the title shot with one.

Drew and MVP said words. I like MVP referencing he and Drew apparently being friends and drinking buddies - adds a sense of reality to things. They had a nothing match and Taz sounded so odd here. It was like they were just randomly inserting Taz sayings into the other 99% of the show where Josh was just talking endlessly. Post-match beating was just awful thanks to the pipe shot. MVP has V. Porter on the back of his gear despite WWE owning the actual Montel Vontavious Porter name.

Good Bram-Magnus hype vid. THIS IS GONNA BE A FIGHT, NOT A MATCH...so like the opener then. Meh. This also had a chairshot to the gut and back, but AFTER A DQ. Why this blood feud match had DQs, I had no idea. Then we got some weird stuff with Bram threatening to seemingly kill Mickie, but then allowing her to go when Magnus kissed his boot. Just eyerolls all around on this one.

Brooke-Robbie was a fine mix of comedy and fanservice. Spud vs. EC3 was amazing. I didn't have really high expectations for this, but each guy brought their A game. Spud has far better strikes than EC3, but man is he just the perfect dickhead of a heel. They got Spud over as a big face, who fought hard and was put over big by EC3 in ways that are all legit - but he didn't let him have that and still beat him up and shaved his head. THIS RULED and was one of the best matches of the year. It also finally saw TNA use blood right as it added a ton to the match.

Full Recap -

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/tna-impact-wrestling-3-13-15.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/z8bsh9vjoeed3reu900aepnmy4iprrdr

Top Bottom