• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why did Bret leave WWE again, because I know it wasn't for that Starcade 1997 bullshit. Hogan Vs. Sting was a shit match my god why have him pin legally just to reverse it WTF

A giant guaranteed paycheck.

Vince also gave him one...but then took it off the table when 1997 wasn't going that well.

I think it was sold to Bret as having him come down, stop a Montreal like screwjob, and put him in a program with Sting which would have been huge. He was also sold on the idea that he'd headline Thunder.

Dante

Wait.

So Wrestlemania travel customers have early access to the NXT show in San Jose the Friday before wrestlemania??? Seeing all sorts of posts on twitter of people who have tickets already. Goddamn man, if I miss this ill trade my wrestlemania tix for NXT tickets if anybody's interested.

I was at Wrestlemania 19 live, and it was fantastic. I permanently have a mental video clip in my mind of Brock botching the shooting star press.

UberTag

Why is WWE trying to get the crowd to chant turd at Daniel Bryan?
Who didn't love Owen's "Nugget" chant?

706311601a4153246482b349593203l.jpg

This guy loved it!

So we must all now chant "Turd" at D.Brine because he's a vegan bearded loser who will never amount to anything.

Miz is better than Cena at playing an actual person, but isn't as convincing as a badass marine who is too strong for his own good. I imagine both are better than Ted Jr though

Vylash

in celebration of my glorious return, even more widely anticipated than the return of "The Vigilante" Steve "Sting" Borden, i will be making the april thread, it's going to be centered around women's wrestling and women's wrestling promotions, please look forward to it

in celebration of my glorious return, even more widely anticipated than the return of "The Vigilante" Steve "Sting" Borden, i will be making the april thread, it's going to be centered around women's wrestling and women's wrestling promotions, please look forward to it
Sherri Martel is gotta be in top 5 all time. Right?

Hasney

1554325_o.gif

PInk Tape

Banned

Sounds good to me :)

Lots of things have changed while you were away, friend. The biggest of all being that I'm making the April thread, and it's gonna be centered around WWE's illustrious The Marine franchise, just in time for the release of Marine 4: Moving Target. So you're going to have to wait in line, pal

Vylash

Lots of things have changed while you were away, friend. The biggest of all being that I'm making the April thread, and it's gonna be centered around WWE's illustrious The Marine franchise, just in time for the release of Marine 4: Moving Target. So you're going to have to wait in line, pal

6P6Y12C.gif

ibs1oU48ox6grG.gif

Looked up some stuff on Virgil, found these stories about encounters with him.

http://deadspin.com/5915910/our-readers-run-ins-with-virgil-pro-wrestlings-saddest-man

“I totally get it,” he says. “I don’t necessarily spend my time watching programs that 6- to 10-year-old kids enjoy, so I get the need for different racy comedy and story lines. But at the same time I don’t want to offend anyone in our audience so I do what I do to the best of my ability, and I actually really enjoy being able to be a real-life superhero and an aspirational character both in live entertainment and animation films like Flintstones.”

Can you guess who said it?

Alucard

Banned
Aerostar is the real deal. When it comes to dives, he might be the most fearless luchador out there today. Definitely one of the most unique.

Aerostar%20Springboard.gif

Aerostar is the real deal. When it comes to dives, he might be the most fearless luchador out there today. Definitely one of the most unique.

He's super impressive, love his trust fall dive to the floor. And to think some crazy fuck's booked Aerostar vs Andrew Everett vs Jack Evans for Mania weekend. Goddamn, that's going to be ridiculous.

Alucard

Banned
Drew Galloway worked shooting on "standing up for professional wrestling" is kind of blah. He at least seems comfortable on the mic.

Alucard

Banned
Man, Spud really did get busted open good in this match.

Not a great technical match, but a good storyline match. Especially with the post-match fakeout by EC3. Putting this on my list of faves for 2015 for the whole angle.

PCW people, did they really have Mastiff/Sha go to a double count-out? That was one of the matches I was most looking forward to, not surprised the crowd turned on the finish.

Shows like tonight don't appeal too much there is so much talent around yet he's using the likes of Ricardo, Carlito; Eugene and Matt hardy and having fucking musical chair competitions!

My mate who I usually go with went and got a booth said it was terrible apart from the amazing Osprey match.

As long as it's working for PCW it's hard to argue with, but I agree with you - no interest in seeing WWE cast-offs when the UK scene is fucking HEAVING with top-quality talent. I much prefer RevPro's approach, where the imports are mostly guys who can go and provide proper 'dream matches' with the top UK guys. It draws, as well - guarantee RevPro are going to have 1,000+ fans packed in to York Hall for Nakamura, Ishii & Styles this summer.

Why the fuck DO you guys get so bent out of shape about WWE printing stuff on the backs of their shirts?

I'm not complaining, by printing dumb shit on the back of their shirts they're actually saving me money, because I can't recall the number of times I've seen a shirt that looked remotely wearable only to discover that it's got some super, super, super fucking dumb phrase printed on the back.

Alucard

Banned
Fave matches of the year list starting to pile up.

Jan 4th AJ Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito 3.75/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 4th Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi 5/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 4th Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.25/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 7th Aztec Warfare Match 4.5/5 (Lucha Underground)
Jan 14th Aerostar vs. Argenis vs. Angelico vs. Cage 4/5 (Lucha Underground)
Jan 25th Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar 4.5/5 (WWE - Royal Rumble)
Feb 14th Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii 5/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Sendai)
Feb 14th The Young Bucks and AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal, ACH, and Cedric Alexander 3.75/5 (ROH - TV ep.178)
Mar 5th Satoshi Kojima vs. Katsuyori Shibata 3.75/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.1)
Mar 5th Tetsuya Naito vs. Karl Anderson 4.25/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.1)
Mar 8th Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto 3.5/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.2)
March 11th Johnny Mundo vs. King Cuerno 4.25/5 (Lucha Underground - cage match)
March 13th EC3 vs. Rockstar Spud Hair vs. Hair 4/5 for the angle/story (TNA Impact Wrestling)

bjork

I'm not complaining, by printing dumb shit on the back of their shirts they're actually saving me money, because I can't recall the number of times I've seen a shirt that looked remotely wearable only to discover that it's got some super, super, super fucking dumb phrase printed on the back.

But every single shirt would be 1000000000000% better if the image on the front was on the back, and the front was blank. Big bullshit on the front of a shirt says "come talk to me about whatever is on my shirt" and do you really want to talk to... wrestling fans? ugh

Also, women's wrassle thread yes, Bull Nakano or no sale.

Top Bottom