• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Paracelsus

The samoan spike is technically an insta-DQ finisher.

It's like Bob Orton lying about the cast being necessary, or Dee Low and his chest protector.

Umaga's thumb is factually a weapon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Owen is the best heel of 1993/1994.

I really like 1994 though, I must have watched a ton of Superstars that year (I was ten, so it makes sense, and it usually aired right after Soccer) as I remember most of the setup whenever I watch these RAWs.

Razor is so good. Cornette's promos are amazing.

Also another controversial opinion: Macho Man and Vince are incredible together on RAW. You have to understand that they'll never call a move, ever, but their excitement is contagious and a lot of their jokes are decent (so long as you understand 1994 pop culture references)

I think, since the end of New Generation, the amount of wrestlers I genuinely like has drastically shrunk every year. And it's depressing. Like I've already stated my feelings on the Attitude Era roster, but I think about everyone who's come and gone in the WWE since 'Cena's era', and it's a small fucking list of dudes I would consider some of my favorites.

Unlike New Generation or early 90s WCW where it's like 'man, they don't have that many guys on the roster in total but I REALLY fucking like the 'main' guys who they got.'

If young me had to buy toys from each of those eras. I'd have ALL the golden age toys, a bunch of variants of the same dudes in the New Generation era and WCW Bill Watts era, and like 25 Austins and 12 Brets from Attitude. Then from The 'Ruthless Aggression' I'd just have like 3 Kurt Angles and 1 Umaga.

You've got me thinking now...

Golden Age

- Hogan
- Macho Man
- Ultimate Warrior
- Hart Foundation
- Paul Orndorff
- Steamboat
- Big Boss Man
- The Rockers
- Andre The Giant
- JYD
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
- The British Bulldogs
- Volkoff
- Shiek
- The Undertaker
- Rick Rude
- Ted DiBiase

New Generation

- Bret Hart
- Owen Hart
- Bulldog
- Koko B-Ware
- Diesel
- Razor
- 1-2-3 Kid
- Doink
- Yokozuna

Attitude Era

- HHH
- Shawn Michaels
- Stone Cold
- The Undertaker
- Owen Hart

Aggression Era

- Benoit
- Guererro
- Booker T
- Goldust
- Kurt Angle

Yeah it's tough

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Umaga is easily the best "savage" ever. Peak Kamala was scarier looking I guess but as far as in ring no one will ever top Umaga.

I used to like Umanga, but WWE totally exhausted him with those 3 matches during a live RAW taping that one time. That I can never stop bringing up whenever anyone mentions Umanga, such is the deep scare left within my soul.

It's weird watching the Mankind interview segments on RAW and seeing everything Foley described in his book to a tee

What did he say?

What did he say?

Going to Madison Square Garden to watch the Jimmy Snuka dive, making the Dude Love fan video in college, traveling 400 miles to train under Dominic Denucci while sleeping in his car, and having barbed wire deathmatches in Japan. Obviously he says it all under a Mankind filter (hint: pre comedic Mankind is a fantastic promo) but it's pretty much one to one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have either of you folks stumbled onto JR's heel run yet?

That shit is magical and highly underrated. He gets his own heel announcing table and calls Cole 'boy'

Anth0ny

It's weird watching the Mankind interview segments on RAW and seeing everything Foley described in his book to a tee

The Jim Ross sit down interviews with Mankind? Those were so awesome.

Pretty fucking sad that Michael Cole is the sit down interviewer nowadays. Dude is physically incapable of getting talent over, no matter the format.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That shit is magical and highly underrated. He gets his own heel announcing table and calls Cole 'boy'

I think the Network is right about there. I'm right before Survivor Series 1994 though.

Pretty fucking sad that Michael Cole is the sit down interviewer nowadays. Dude is physically incapable of getting talent over, no matter the format.

The only person Cole ever successfully got over was The Miz.

Some TNA spoilers from last night:

The wolves gave up the titles because of Edwards heel injury and it looks like from the spoilers they don't have an explanation of Joe's sudden disappearance.

Plus Drew has his own faction now made up of
Shaun Ricker and the former Camacho

lol at the second person in the group

ahahahahahahaha

bjork

Just watched an Owen/HBK match from a pre-Montreal episode of Raw, it was a pretty decent match until they threw the ending away with Austin coming in and everything. I don't know, but I feel like HBK didn't pull a lot of shitty stuff when he worked with Owen. Maybe he liked the matches they had or he was easy to work with or something.

Zach

Has the WWE Network been running like crap for anyone else? PS4, PS3 and Xbox One. It starts and stops constantly. It's been like this for at least a week.

Netflix is fine so I assume it's not my connection/internet/whatever... but I don't really understand how these things work soooo... >_>

Oh, actually, I think it was fine when I played the latest NXT. Is it that I'm trying to watch unpopular content (SNME)? If that's what it is, WWE is the worst. Why even offer that content?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had a lot of trouble yesterday with one episode of RAW, it would always skip right to the end and freeze up for a bit. Everything else was fine.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Owen has an amazing match with HBK in the PPV right before Wrestlemania XII. It's the one where they are selling the enziguri as a career killing move.

haha I remember that, it was so damn odd. Evil JR. For some reason I can imagine he grows a goatee too. Didn't he try to form a stable or am I merging Dr. Death's appearance with the heel turn?

Has the WWE Network been running like crap for anyone else? PS4, PS3 and Xbox One. It starts and stops constantly. It's been like this for at least a week.

Netflix is fine so I assume it's not my connection/internet/whatever... but I don't really understand how these things work soooo... >_>

Oh, actually, I think it was fine when I played the latest NXT. Is it that I'm trying to watch unpopular content (SNME)? If that's what it is, WWE is the worst. Why even offer that content?

Yeah, this only seems to happen with older content. No idea why.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
haha I remember that, it was so damn odd. Evil JR. For some reason I can imagine he grows a goatee too. Didn't he try to form a stable or am I merging Dr. Death's appearance with the heel turn?

Dr. Death's appearance coincides with an even shorter mini heel turn.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe I'm merging the two together. I remember him sort of semi-shooting in the ring, picking on Michael Cole and Dr. Death.

It lasts maybe two weeks. Maybe even just a single RAW. It was completely out of nowhere at a point where JR was the second most beloved person in the entire company.

Paracelsus

And both releases from Williams look botched as hell, Orton would've legitimately tried to murder him backstage had he suplexed him like that.

That Brawl-for-All... So 1999 had Brawl for all, Lion's Den & Dungeon match. I wonder what other sports entertainment shows were around at that time to influence those decisions...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dr Death was when he had the heel commentary table.

it's also got a nasty spot where billy gunn dumps somebody out and they nearly neck themselves on JR's table. i used to have a gif but lost it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dr. Death was so good. Emphasis on was. He probably would have done awful in the main event scene of the Attitude Era.

DMczaf

WWF_Brawl_for_All.jpg

Sounds like we should make a trip to MMA-GAF.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have no idea why they saw someone as WCW and WRASSLIN as Williams and thought he would work in the Attitude Era.

JR had the benefit of the doubt as he heavily suggested bringing in most of their good talent acquisitions from WCW, namely Cactus Jack and Stunning Steve.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Dan Severn's booking was great. The man wasn't good at pro wrasslin was the main problem, with his look being a secondary problem.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what, guys? Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse is a pretty damn good. In fact, it's the first 3D DBZ game that is actually on par with the 2D games, esp. Supersonic Warriors and Legacy of Goku.

Top Bottom