• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Alucard

Banned
Shitty ending to a match that was going well for a bit there. Damn. Too bad. Sorry for making you stick around, Vince.

Joe's gonna shake Jay's hand...or kill him.

Um.......wtf. In other news I watched Nakajima vs Zack Sabre Jr. today and so far my faith in Data West taste in wrestling continues to be rewarded. Great match with lots of psychology and to everything made perfect sense. Great match.

tm24

Oh man, that was terrible. Why did i pay for this? OK that was hyperbole, but man, the excitement deflated hard

Alucard

Banned
Overall, a pretty safe effort from ROH. No belts changed hands and no one turned. Sydal vs. Alexander was probably my favourite match on the card.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The question is, did the red faced idiots actually do anything to progress anything meaningful?

The question is, did the red faced idiots actually do anything to progress anything meaningful?

image.php

Alucard

Banned

Nope. Not sure what they were going for there. I'll rewatch to try to make sense of it, but right now, that ending was a letdown. Joe staring down Jay was fine, though.

Stuff I'll watch again from this PPV:

Sydal vs. Alexander (4 out of 5 for me)
ACH vs. Styles
Lethal vs. El Patron
Bucks vs. Redragon

Sydal vs. Alexander and Bucks vs. Redragon were my faves.

Alucard

Banned
I guess they started a feud with Hansen and the returning Ray Rowe. But calling that meaningful is a stretch.

Yeah, The Kingdom has beef with Briscoe holding Adam Cole's title, not with Hanson.

Was that actually Matt Hardy performing the twist of fate, or just Bennett?

Any Wrasslegaffers going to the NXT Live event in Cleveland on Friday, March 6th? Going with the girlfriend and two other friends. SUPER EXCITED. Unless the email is bullshit, pretty much all the major NXT peeps will be there, except perhaps Neville, who is shown for the Columbus event, but not for the Cleveland one. I really hope he's there.

It's been... a long time since I've been to a live wrestling event. I was 11 years old. The year was 1995. The event was... In Your House 5: Season's Beatings in Hershey, PA.

NXT is definitely the best thing about the WWE, and I figured I'd never get to see a live event of it.......

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any Wrasslegaffers going to the NXT Live event in Cleveland on Friday, March 6th? Going with the girlfriend and two other friends. SUPER EXCITED. Unless the email is bullshit, pretty much all the major NXT peeps will be there, except perhaps Neville, who is shown for the Columbus event, but not for the Cleveland one. I really hope he's there.

It's been... a long time since I've been to a live wrestling event. I was 11 years old. The year was 1995. The event was... In Your House 5: Season's Beatings in Hershey, PA.

NXT is definitely the best thing about the WWE, and I figured I'd never get to see a live event of it.......
You're gonna have a great time, pal. Enjoy!

You're gonna have a great time, pal. Enjoy!

Thanks!

Only qualm I have about the whole thing really is that the tickets we have are general admission and standing room only. I'm wondering how early we should get there to make sure we can see shit! Hah
The tickets for seats literally sold out in just a few minutes, as I was attempting to get some. But eh, these were only $20 each with all fees.

Weird question: Do people bring signs and shit to events that aren't televised? Should I be representin' the WrassleGAF? Should I try to start a legit shook chant? Should I also try to hang out with Bull Dempsey?

iSr9xHBJGK0A1.gif

A young HBK threatening a cameraman.

Is that Balor in the middle looking unenthused with the party? All the more reason to love the dude.

Anyone else on Wrasslegaf watch Broad City? It's become one of my favorite shows.

Got my wife onto it recently and it quickly became her current fav show.

Pray for me. Might turn into a Bronie watching these toons with the 2 year old.

Need to stick some Ben & Holly on, the kid and you will love it!

MC Safety

I wonder if Bork Lesnar is going to hold up Vince McMahon on his way out the door.

It'll be nice to have a full-time champion, even if it's Roman Reigns.

I wonder if Bork Lesnar is going to hold up Vince McMahon on his way out the door.

It'll be nice to have a full-time champion, even if it's Roman Reigns.
Will be even better if he beats Seth too in the cash in match. Having Steph and Trips nightmare evening be even worse.. Hehe

Thanks!

Only qualm I have about the whole thing really is that the tickets we have are general admission and standing room only. I'm wondering how early we should get there to make sure we can see shit! Hah
The tickets for seats literally sold out in just a few minutes, as I was attempting to get some. But eh, these were only $20 each with all fees.

Weird question: Do people bring signs and shit to events that aren't televised? Should I be representin' the WrassleGAF? Should I try to start a legit shook chant? Should I also try to hang out with Bull Dempsey?

I don't know what it'll be like at the Ohio shows, but for the NXT house shows here in Florida, people generally bring signs on 11" x 17" paper.

Also, be prepared to see adults who are way too old for it carrying around replica belts and wearing Lucha masks (like this dude next to me at Saturday's show).

Bit harsh. Shouldn't he be shilling for some medical thing on the weekly ROH show?

All 3 of those dudes seem to have had better careers than Jay Lethal (although I have NFI who Lethal is aside from his wiki and a quick Youtube check). Also Punk seems really happy with AJ so that seems more like sour grapes on Lethal's behalf. Did Punk say something nasty about him or something?

Top Bottom