• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

All 3 of those dudes seem to have had better careers than Jay Lethal (although I have NFI who Lethal is aside from his wiki and a quick Youtube check). Also Punk seems really happy with AJ so that seems more like sour grapes on Lethal's behalf. Did Punk say something nasty about him or something?
Nope. Just cheap heat. ROH desperately needs Adam Cole back.

Hasney

They probably asked Jay to say something interesting and he had 2 options. Either do the Savage voice again, or fake shoot.

Cole isn't coming back until May at the earliest. And even when he does get back, he'll probably be snatched up by WWE in short order. They've been looking at him for a while now.

Watching HBK vs SCSA at King of the Ring 1997. Man, pretty entertaining so far, great in ring chemistry and the crowd is eating up their charisma.

On a side note, I was thinking about how HHH has used the "In your absence I gain the most!!!" or some variation of that, he did it with Austin, HBK and it's somewhat similar to how he's approaching the feud with Stang.

yeah but aside from those things
I only know him by his ROH stuff so he just seems... aight

His PWG stuff is fantastic. He had a tryout with WWE a while back and has spoken very highly about it in interviews. He hasn't re-signed with ROH and I think the expectation is that he might get a WWE offer post-WM.

His PWG stuff is fantastic. He had a tryout with WWE a while back and has spoken very highly about it in interviews. He hasn't re-signed with ROH and I think the expectation is that he might get a WWE offer post-WM.

so i've heard, i've seen the gifs too. funny you mention that, he's got a match on this PWG DVD i'm watching against Roderick Strong, another dude i think is bland 'cause i've only seen him in ROH, so i guess i'll see.

Assuming i even get to it tonight. PWG matches can wear me out, tho i do like them overall

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's unsanitary and bad for them, but I do like in the 2013 Pain Limits finals that the two dudes are completely fucked up and still have some blood on them from their previous matches. Makes the tournament seem all the more taxing on them. Like you can see the tired in their faces even before the match starts.

TakedaKasai829.jpg

My dog makes me laugh, we've had people over throughout the week to meet him and he just sits and looks at them. He won't go over to meet them unless I go over and greet them/sit next to them.

The Dragon Gate show with Uhaa's last match in DG is up;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3ob6y_JAHMAL1111_dragon-gate-3-1-15

Also a NOAH show produced by Cho Kibou-gun;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3ob71_JAHMAL1111_noah-2-27-15

There's a FnP ZSJ & Mikey vs Haste & Rock tag match early on, then struggle through a trio of bad singles matches (Saito, Ogawa, Maybach) to get to a surprisingly great Kenou vs Marufuji match and an excellent Morishima vs Sugiura main event. Worth a watch.

Agreed, it's my favourite match of Hulk's current run. The Kzy vs Tozawa match from the day before was also excellent, probably Kzy's best showing yet.

The Dragon Gate show with Uhaa's last match in DG is up;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3ob6y_JAHMAL1111_dragon-gate-3-1-15

Also a NOAH show produced by Cho Kibou-gun;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3ob71_JAHMAL1111_noah-2-27-15

There's a FnP ZSJ & Mikey vs Haste & Rock tag match early on, then struggle through a trio of bad singles matches (Saito, Ogawa, Maybach) to get to a surprisingly great Kenou vs Marufuji match and an excellent Morishima vs Sugiura main event. Worth a watch.

I'm going to miss Tozawa and Uhaa's best friends adventures.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I took a nap and had a dream that Ric Flair had a feud with Stunnin' Steve and was complaining about how Austin had to carry Flair just like Macho Man did. I think that's a sign I've been watching too much early 90s WCW.

So now I'm re-watching MST3K Manos instead.

bjork

I had a dream that Brock did that... I don't know what it's called, but that hair pull/throw thing that Bull Nakano did to Alundra Blayze in just about every WWF match they had. Anyway, Brock did that to Roman, and Roman fell to the ground and Brock was holding a rubber mask with hair attached. When he stood up, it was someone else, but I couldn't see who it was before I woke up.

Scooby-Doo ending to my wrestling dream, I guess.

I had a dream that Brock did that... I don't know what it's called, but that hair pull/throw thing that Bull Nakano did to Alundra Blayze in just about every WWF match they had. Anyway, Brock did that to Roman, and Roman fell to the ground and Brock was holding a rubber mask with hair attached. When he stood up, it was someone else, but I couldn't see who it was before I woke up.

Scooby-Doo ending to my wrestling dream, I guess.

UPTngpB.gif

"VINCE MCMAHON HAS BOOKED HIMSELF A DATE WITH WRESTLEMANIA GLORY!"

bjork

UPTngpB.gif

"VINCE MCMAHON HAS BOOKED HIMSELF A DATE WITH WRESTLEMANIA GLORY!"

What if he did some shit like that? Like, say this "Brock is angry and they're worried he won't work WM" rumor is actually some kind of true and he bails, and so instead they had a guy come down in those Halloween costume muscles with a fake buzz cut and lay down for the main event? Or get that fat guy that DX used to have in like 2006 come out with fake tattoos drawn on?

Browny

Banned
My celebration of jobber matches starts here. One of the main complaints today is that we see so many people wrestle each other repeatedly on TV - there are plenty of people who would be happy to go 3 or 4 minutes; the list of indy stars who've jobbed is rather long.

Vader vs some young hip wannabee. Good stuff from early 1994 - pre his match with The Boss, where he busted out the Vadersault - good times.

bjork

My celebration of jobber matches starts here. One of the main complaints today is that we see so many people wrestle each other repeatedly on TV - there are plenty of people who would be happy to go 3 or 4 minutes; the list of indy stars who've jobbed is rather long.

Vader vs some young hip wannabee. Good stuff from early 1994 - pre his match with The Boss, where he busted out the Vadersault - good times.

I don't think he ever had a run anywhere, but this jobber had a 6-minute match with HBK on Raw and could at least say he was in a segment with multiple Hall of Famers.

What if he did some shit like that? Like, say this "Brock is angry and they're worried he won't work WM" rumor is actually some kind of true and he bails, and so instead they had a guy come down in those Halloween costume muscles with a fake buzz cut and lay down for the main event? Or get that fat guy that DX used to have in like 2006 come out with fake tattoos drawn on?
It would be shameful, highly entertaining and likely draw mainstream attention. Vince should do it.

Will be even better if he beats Seth too in the cash in match. Having Steph and Trips nightmare evening be even worse.. Hehe

Steph and Trips had their nightmare evening last year.

Rollins needs to end Mania as champ.

I guess they could save it for the Raw after Wrestlemania.

Top Bottom