• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Kinjo

Neo Member
I'm always asking myself why there's no (local) indy promotion which has at least decent looking posters, they always contain shitty cut wrestlers on a shitty background with a shitty font on them

Inspire Pro have some nice posters, old-school and stylish;

nKvQabk.jpg

Pretty excited that a number of guys from Inspire Pro Texas are coming to my local Indy St. Louis Anarchy for their upcoming double shot weekend. Gonna be a great weekend with the tag team title tournament and Gary Jay vs Wrasslegaf favorite Davey Richards who legit knocked Jay out in their last encounter.

What the fuck is up with indie scumbag promotions and their love of Man vs Woman matches?

I know you're probably being sarcastic, but, Inspire Pro almost never does Intergender matches. In fact, this will be the second-ever Intergender singles match, and it's a rematch. I'd actually like to see more, because the Inspire Pro women can all go. And the Cherry Ramons v. Jessica James rematch from their match at FunFunFunfest is going to be awesome.

You can watch the first match, for free, here:

Jessica James vs. Cherry Ramons - Inspire Pro at FunFunFunFest

I love the "Bugs Bunny"-style revenge sequence AFTER the pin in this match. Sort of a flashback to old-school Jessica's slapstick comedy-heavy offense. Plus, Jessica's "Little Death" rana-to-facebuster thing is fun to watch her kill people with.

Carnby

Do you ever click on the wrong community thread and start reading, and think "why the fuck are these assholes talking about anime/football/pop?" before finally figuring out why? haha. good times.

Carnby

My local indy fed had an event yesterday that featured Jeff Jarrett, Haku, The Godfather, Stevie Richards, Brian Myers, Buff Bagwell, Sabu, and Genie Melissa Coates.

This fed is so low budget they can't even afford a poster, otherwise I would post it. Instead here's a link their site. http://www.iyfwrestling.com/results/

And here is a picture of their ring.

inyourface_zpsc3bcfa88.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Weird week in TNA. Apparently the Spud/EC3 match is legitimately must see and in twitter news the legendary POPE is making a return to TNA.

I'm on team Spud. I totally recommend watching the final 20 minutes or so of Impact for that main event and post-match angle. It gets really good in the final 5 minutes.

Heel

I think the best part of these photos is that they were taken in 2008. Where are they now? Is the dream still alive?

Fox318

WM29 time! Seeing the outdoor setup in 28 and 29 is getting me really hype for 31

I wish WWE did outdoor stuff more often. WCW would do different arenas and it really ads to the presentation.

I don't see any reason why WWE can't use a soccer or baseball stadium in the US for a show outside of mania.

Alucard

Banned
Man, there were 3 super shitty camera cuts in the opening match of the New Japan Cup Finals. Guys doing dives on the outside, and the cameramen just totally missing them or not cutting it early enough. And same deal with Taguchi hitting his assfense on somebody and the camera guy cutting to him while he's already in the middle of the move. Get this bush league production out of here, New Japan. You're better than this.

Top Bottom