• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hope she did well on her tryout with NXT.
vTFkpPU.gif

There are those who said this day would never come. Welcome back.

Here's the card for the next New Japan show;

NJPW, "INVASION ATTACK", 2015/04/05
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

1. Yuji Nagata, Captain New Japan, KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Yohei Komatsu vs Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi & Sho Tanaka
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Cody Hall
3. IWGP Jr. Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs RPG Vice (Rocky Romero & Barretta)
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega © vs Mascara Dorada
5. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) © vs The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven, w/ Maria)
6. Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba
8. Kazuchika Okada vs Bad Luck Fale
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles © vs Kota Ibushi

The jr's matches should be a lot of fun, especially Omega vs Dorada. Big push for Taven & Bennett, but I'm not expecting much from that match. Seeing Shibata face Sakuraba should be pretty interesting and the main event looks fantastic on paper, hope it can live up to the hype.

Alucard

Banned
So, how does everyone feel about these hot wrestling related tracks from The Mountain Goats?

The Legend of Chavo Guerrero - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lqy7KBuO7Y

Heel Turn 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKVY5_FB2i0

Choked Out (not about Chris Benoit) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0fFs8kstA

I think they're all great and am excited for the full album these songs are from.

Thanks for reminding me about this album. The song writing sounds a liiiiittle weaker than past albums, but the wrestling themes will get me to listen to this.

Alucard

Banned

Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

1. Yuji Nagata, Captain New Japan, KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Yohei Komatsu vs Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi & Sho Tanaka
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Cody Hall
3. IWGP Jr. Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs RPG Vice (Rocky Romero & Barretta)
5. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) © vs The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven, w/ Maria)
6. Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI

The jr's matches should be a lot of fun, especially Omega vs Dorada. Big push for Taven & Bennett, but I'm not expecting much from that match. Seeing Shibata face Sakuraba should be pretty interesting and the main event looks fantastic on paper, hope it can live up to the hype.

Wish one of the tag matches could have been swapped for another singles contest. Otherwise, the Jr tag and singles matches look good, the main event looks stellar, and I've enjoyed the ongoing Okada vs. Fale feud, so hoping for a great bookend to that here. Maybe.

Alucard

Banned

This woman would probably wreck almost every man in this thread.

"Hey uhhh...whatta you wanna do for dinner tonight, babe?"

"I'm going out with some friends. You can fend for yourself tonight, right?"

"Uhh, yeah. Sure. See you later?"

"Maybe. Might go work out after."

"I could join you."

"Nah. Don't want you slowing me down."

"O...okay."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alucard, you've hit a new low. 5 posts in a row. Settle down my friend.

Allow me a quick rant against dumb fucking indie wrestling promoters who think their shit is so important they have to load their DVDs with invasive copy protection methods; fuck you. Seriously, when it won't play in the PS4, when it makes alarmingly loud noises during play on PC and when it's dual layer for no reason other than to insert a bunch of dummy files that fuck up DVD reading software, you've probably gone TOO FAR to prevent someone from making a LEGAL backup of the media they purchased from you. I'm reduced to pulling the VOB files directly from the disc to my HDD, which is taking forever. I'll be done in 14 hours, by my estimation. Fucking. Cunts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

I feel pretty much the exact same. Omega vs Dorada should be ridiculously fun, hands down. Taven & Bennett bore the piss out of me, and I hope Sakuraba holds up. I'm getting more and more sour on Shibatters as time goes on. Though that might be because people think he's the second coming and I'm conditioned to enjoy underdogs.

Allow me a quick rant against dumb fucking indie wrestling promoters who think their shit is so important they have to load their DVDs with invasive copy protection methods; fuck you. Seriously, when it won't play in the PS4, when it makes alarmingly loud noises during play on PC and when it's dual layer for no reason other than to insert a bunch of dummy files that fuck up DVD reading software, you've probably gone TOO FAR to prevent someone from making a LEGAL backup of the media they purchased from you. I'm reduced to pulling the VOB files directly from the disc to my HDD, which is taking forever. I'll be done in 14 hours, by my estimation. Fucking. Cunts.

Which indie is this?

Hasney

And I bet you could find it to download in less time. That's fucking stupid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, as much as I wouldn't mind trying FF Type 0, I'm not going to pay $60 for a PSP game.

RP912

Banned

Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

Card looks greats...AJ/Kota=MOTY

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
IPW, the lot who hired Russo as their booker at the start of the year. I'm meant to be doing a review of this show as well, great first impression!

They aren't really a big enough deal for anyone to bother uploading them, making the whole thing extra pointless.

Make sure this policy is part of the review. Not unlike "gaming journalists" talking about install times and updates.

Card looks greats...AJ/Kota=MOTY

Yeah, I'm preparing to be dazzled.

jmdajr

Wow, my traffic load is greatly reduced with Spring break.

Makes me wonder who decided that everyone has to start school/work/everything at the same fucking time, There has to be a better way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, my traffic load is greatly reduced with Spring break.

Makes me wonder who decided that everyone has to start school/work/everything at the same fucking time, There has to be a better way.

I wondered why the fuck I got to work with no delays. I guess that's it. Spring Break ain't shit to grown folk. Stay out of school, kids. Enhance my life.

Make sure this policy is part of the review. Not unlike "gaming journalists" talking about install times and updates.

Yeah, I will do - kicking a hornet's nest, though. So many UK promoters have zero clue how things work and are deathly afraid of piracy when, in general, the UK scene is nowhere near as badly affected by it as the US indie scene is.

*edit, also, damn you Sunny - making me expose poor Tapla to deathmatch violence! I feel evil.

Was never a fan of the Hogan/Hart combo. Just seemed off to me as Hart was always a heel manager. I do think it would have worked in the NWO though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I will do - kicking a hornet's nest, though. So many UK promoters have zero clue how things work and are deathly afraid of piracy when, in general, the UK scene is nowhere near as badly affected by it as the US indie scene is.

*edit, also, damn you Sunny - making me expose poor Tapla to deathmatch violence! I feel evil.

She's a grown woman, she can handle it

I think

I hope

I just want some Zandig fanart.

I'm seeing it more and more, Styles/Ospreay was up on YouTube for a while, and /wooo/ have weekly streams of Brit Indys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still think the most important thing for indies to do is have their shit available for free to increase mindshare. Problem is they're fighting tooth and nail to make money, so it doesn't really work for them. A shame.

Kaladin

I still think the most important thing for indies to do is have their shit available for free to increase mindshare. Problem is they're fighting tooth and nail to make money, so it doesn't really work for them. A shame.

Even if they only put a match on youtube every week, it would go a long way to making their product accessible.

Sephzilla

I want to try that FFXV demo, but I don't want Type 0. To hell with your dumb practices Square.

As far as I'm concerned Square and Capcom both made massive heel turns over the course of last generation. I don't even care about most of their works anymore (although since Capcom purged Inafune from their ranks they've gotten a little better). I'm sure as hell not going to buy Type 0 just for a demo.

Even if they only put a match on youtube every week, it would go a long way to making their product accessible.

At the risk of continuing to be a PROGRESS shill, I think their YouTube channel is pretty good. Few entrance and segment uploads to build interest and get some buys, then the occasional free match/show makes it feel special rather than "Oh, I'm getting this free stuff weekly, why do I need to buy anything". It's then a "I'll try the free thing out" and then hopefully buy some shows.

That said, I will continue to trash their download provider. Because it's awful.

notworksafe

So I got a PS4 yesterday (mainly to play MKX with friends) and maybe I'm just being delusional but I think the Network works better on that than the PS3 or 360.

I'd comment on game stuff but I can't because I haven't gotten to play one yet. I got GTA 5, spent all day downloading 55GB then when I went to play it I'm stuck waiting on an install that took hours.

So far next gen is not impressing me.

Sephzilla

Someone's in town tonight for Raw...
The Vigilante Stang

Will he actually talk this time?

So I got a PS4 yesterday (mainly to play MKX with friends) and maybe I'm just being delusional but I think the Network works better on that than the PS3 or 360.

I'd comment on game stuff but I can't because I haven't gotten to play one yet. I got GTA 5, spent all day downloading 55GB then when I went to play it I'm stuck waiting on an install that took hours.

I'm assuming you bought it digitally? (Welcome to why the digital future sucks balls)

The main thing about next-gen GTA5 that pisses me off is that you still need to do the goddamn secondary install when you launch the game.

As far as I'm concerned Square and Capcom both made massive heel turns over the course of last generation. I don't even care about most of their works anymore (although since Capcom purged Inafune from their ranks they've gotten a little better). I'm sure as hell not going to buy Type 0 just for a demo.

Even if they just put the demo up for $15, a lot of people would probably buy it. Seems an easier way to make money.

I'm seeing it more and more, Styles/Ospreay was up on YouTube for a while, and /wooo/ have weekly streams of Brit Indys.

I guess it's only inevitable with more attention on the UK indies as of late, but promotions need to find a balance between protecting their property and providing the best options to their paying customers. There's always going to be an element who are never going to be paying customers, regardless of whether they have access to a show or not.

Aiii

So not worth it
Caved and bought Cities: Skylines yesterday, was gonna wait for a sale, but fuck it. Already know this will be my addiction for a while. So much good stuff in there, certainly amazing considering the price compared to EA's SimCity.

That's all on GTAV, the download on that is ridiculous and it won't even let you play anything until the whole thing is downloaded. Most games you're ready to go in 30-60 minutes because it'll download the rest as you play.

Top Bottom