• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even if they just put the demo up for $15, a lot of people would probably buy it. Seems an easier way to make money.

Dead Rising Case Zero did it right. Goddamn it did it right.

Caved and bought Cities: Skylines yesterday, was gonna wait for a sale, but fuck it. Already know this will be my addiction for a while. So much good stuff in there, certainly amazing considering the price compared to EA's SimCity.

Don't know why you'd wait for a sale. I know you're not poor, and it's released at a budget price.

I guess it's only inevitable with more attention on the UK indies as of late, but promotions need to find a balance between protecting their property and providing the best options to their paying customers. There's always going to be an element who are never going to be paying customers, regardless of whether they have access to a show or not.

Oh yeah, absolutely, it wasn't to defend that IPW shitshow, that's the exact sort of thing that drives people to piracy.

I've no complaints about ICW's On Demand service, and I think Rev Pro's Vimeo based one is the absolute perfect solution. Buy once, gives you option for stream or download links forever. In a world of Steam and the iTunes/Amazon/Google Play's of the world, single expiration downloads on unstable servers need to die in a fire.
I'm looking at you PROGRESS/PayLoadz

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't know why you'd wait for a sale. I know you're not poor, and it's released at a budget price.

It's more that I buy too many games to begin with and I kind of want to finish some games first before buying new ones. So waiting on a sale seems like a good excuse to put off buying games.

As you can tell, I'm failing hard at this approach.

RP912

Banned
Cities: Skylines is a amazing game....when it's not crashing my pc. I got to keep the game speed on normal in fear my cpu won't go on the deep end.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's more that I buy too many games to begin with and I kind of want to finish some games first before buying new ones. So waiting on a sale seems like a good excuse to put off buying games.

As you can tell, I'm failing hard at this approach.

Good luck "finishing" this one. Ha ha ha!

Nothing to start a week quite like waking up to new Kendrick. God is good, gentlemen.

Did he get more than one match?

Mengetsu

Sadly I don't have enough funds to buy FF-Type 0 as I want to play it as much as im interested in the FF15 Demo. I hated the fact that such a good looking FF game was on the PSP. I felt ripped of on how much work went into that game while I was stuck with FF13 series. I Platinumed FF13-2 to make it worth it. Skipped Lighting Returns as I've moved on to PS4 at that point. Type-0 is something im clamming for in a JRPG right now.

Sephzilla

I'm also not going to pick up FF Type Zero because I know I won't be able to play it. I need to finish the mentor stuff in DB Xenoverse by next week Tuesday, and after that it's Bloodborne for the rest of the foreseeable future (with MKX getting some time next month)

RP912

Banned
Man, I'm not feelin it at all. I'm really trying. If J Cole released in this shit people would be talking about how boring it is. I'm ok with continuing to jam GKMC though.

Thats a given...J Cole is the verbal comatose.

To each its own I guess. I enjoy GKMC and TPAB equally.

I've no complaints about ICW's On Demand service, and I think Rev Pro's Vimeo based one is the absolute perfect solution. Buy once, gives you option for stream or download links forever. In a world of Steam and the iTunes/Amazon/Google Play's of the world, single expiration downloads on unstable servers need to die in a fire.
I'm looking at you PROGRESS/PayLoadz

Yeah, RevPro's solution is perfect to me - wXw use Vimeo as well, I'm a big fan and would love to see more indies use it for the exact reasons you listed. If you price fairly and give people the freedom to watch the show how ever they please, whenever they please, I'd like to believe that those who are willing to pay and support indie wrestling will do so.

notworksafe

'm assuming you bought it digitally? (Welcome to why the digital future sucks balls)

The main thing about next-gen GTA5 that pisses me off is that you still need to do the goddamn secondary install when you launch the game.
Yep I went digital because somehow neither Target or Gamestop had a copy of GTA V for PS4 some how. I figured it'd skip the secondary install or at least be quicker than the PS3 disc version. I was incorrect.

That's all on GTAV, the download on that is ridiculous and it won't even let you play anything until the whole thing is downloaded. Most games you're ready to go in 30-60 minutes because it'll download the rest as you play.
Good to know its a GTA thing and not a PS4 thing.

Sephzilla

Yep I went digital because somehow neither Target or Gamestop had a copy of GTA V for PS4 some how. I figured it'd skip the secondary install or at least be quicker than the PS3 disc version. I was incorrect.

Good to know its a GTA thing and not a PS4 thing.

Yeah normally PS4 game installs (from disc at least) are surprisingly quick, especially compared to XB1's fucking slow ass install times.

Vylash

Quad post. Happy Monday, friends. Wake up.

ijtM46VJuTQcq.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what? Has he said he's going to be on Raw or something? Do I have to watch it now?

EDIT: Fuck, forgot about that music Kendrick

You can say it Hasney.

The shitty Kendrick.

This is great. Context?

Austin and Shawn have been having issues with Canadian Hero Bret and his Hart Foundation. So they were booked in a tag match against Owen and Bulldog for the tag titles. Problem was that they didn't like each other at all. The Raw they were supposed to challenge the title they both came out and Shawn 'goober' Michaels came out wearing a Homer Simpson shirt.

Kaladin

Those dirty damn rats.....

2KSMKT_WWE2K15_WWE_SOFT_BUNDLE_FACEBOOK_851x315.jpg

2KSMKT_WWE2K15_WWE_HOMEPAGE_TAKEOVER_970x90.jpg

It's at Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop for like the next week....though Gamestops starts on the 18th.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Being an early adopter always means you miss out on free shit. That's the price you pay. Don't cry about it, actually show a spine and don't buy something the instant it comes out if you get upset when they make it cheaper or add free shit. It's really simple.

At least make the actual season pass free or discounted for a limited time for the people who already gave you their money.

Why?

Sephzilla

Because you'd make money. You're going to lose money giving the pack away for free in bundles like this. If you temporarily knock down the price for the season pass for the early adopters you're more likely going to get impulse buys from people and you're likely going to get people who would not normally jump in to jump in (thus you'd get money you'd otherwise never get).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because you'd make money. You're going to lose money giving the pack away for free in bundles like this. If you temporarily knock down the price for the season pass for the early adopters you're more likely going to get impulse buys from people and you're likely going to get people who would not normally jump in to jump in (thus you'd get money you'd otherwise never get).

So you want them to make more money?

Top Bottom