• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm proposing an option that allows them to make money while still giving off some kind of pseudo-goodwill gesture to early adopters.

Early adopters don't deserve anything. They knew the price when they bought it. It's their problem. They're not owed anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I generally agree, but it still seems pretty scummy with season passes - at least wait until the damn season is over before you start giving that shit away!

Can you notify Telltale about this? Ridiculous.

Also, speaking of season passes...

LIFE IS STRANGE EP 2 NEXT WEEK! FUUUUUCK!

I never understand early adopters complaining about people getting deals later. When you buy a game for full price on release, you are paying to experience it as soon as possible. They aren't obligated to give you the same offers as late adopters because you are paying to be an early adopter.

Aiii

So not worth it
At the very least create a GAME OF THE YEAR edition that INCLUDES ALL DLC like a proper developer does six months after the original release.

Though, to be fair, nobody is calling WWE2K15 GOTY.

A 'complete' edition of an annualized series seems kinda silly. If only for the reason that you'd be flooding shelf space with the new sku...hm, I guess it isn't the worst thing. I don't know. Who cares how much WEE 2k15 players have to suffer or some shit.

I gotta buy that sunset overdrive season pass while its still on discount.

XenoRaven

Things I don't do anymore;

Season passes
Pre-ordering (except in special cases)

I quit season passes after I bought the Gears of War 3 season pass for the multiplayer maps and then they said "whoops we don't want to segregate our player base" and just gave everyone the maps.

Pre-ordering because I'm tired of getting dicked around.

can't remember the last time I preordered a game. but what are you being dicked around from? the cancellations on shit like the majora's kideo box? Usually you pre order a game and then pick it up on release day and get a goody for your faith? What's the big deal~

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On the wrestling front:

336ZfHu.jpg

[Suzukigun News] Following the outcome of the NOAH show on 3/15, Minoru Suzuki addressed what is next for his group.

Suzuki stated that Suzukigun (SZKG) captured all the belts as he previously stated that his group would do from the start. In doing so they hoped that NOAH would crumble in the process, but because that did not happen the next step is to force the ark to sink once and for all. Suzuki acknowledged Marufuji getting a rematch for the belt in May, but the outcome will be no different. That is Maru wants to challenge that there will be no holding back from himself this time around as he stated that this will be a “ruthless public execution“ of the vice-president.

As well what is in store, Suzuki stated that Suzukigun will be involved in the upcoming Global Tag League in April as well. But with that he also alluded that a new member of SZKG could be introduced in to the group. Much like Marufuji having connections to bring in someone to fight his SZKG so does Suzuki as well to fight NOAH.

As for the other announced title matches, Taichi now stands at the top of the division as he is prepared to face everyone. Even calling out a former wrestler in Satoru Asako, who works in NOAH as a medical trainer. Then TAKA & Desperado, who have already desecrated the belts with stick their names with tape on them, are more than prepared for the announced rematch against the former champions.

Suzuki then closed out the meeting by stating once more that the next step is to see NOAH completely sunk to the bottom of the ocean. That they had their chance to stop this assault from the beginning and they could not. He does not see anything changing as a ship cannot sail with it’s flags submerged.

XenoRaven

On the wrestling front:

336ZfHu.jpg

[Suzukigun News] Following the outcome of the NOAH show on 3/15, Minoru Suzuki addressed what is next for his group.

Suzuki stated that Suzukigun (SZKG) captured all the belts as he previously stated that his group would do from the start. In doing so they hoped that NOAH would crumble in the process, but because that did not happen the next step is to force the ark to sink once and for all. Suzuki acknowledged Marufuji getting a rematch for the belt in May, but the outcome will be no different. That is Maru wants to challenge that there will be no holding back from himself this time around as he stated that this will be a “ruthless public execution“ of the vice-president.

As well what is in store, Suzuki stated that Suzukigun will be involved in the upcoming Global Tag League in April as well. But with that he also alluded that a new member of SZKG could be introduced in to the group. Much like Marufuji having connections to bring in someone to fight his SZKG so does Suzuki as well to fight NOAH.

As for the other announced title matches, Taichi now stands at the top of the division as he is prepared to face everyone. Even calling out a former wrestler in Satoru Asako, who works in NOAH as a medical trainer. Then TAKA & Desperado, who have already desecrated the belts with stick their names with tape on them, are more than prepared for the announced rematch against the former champions.

Suzuki then closed out the meeting by stating once more that the next step is to see NOAH completely sunk to the bottom of the ocean. That they had their chance to stop this assault from the beginning and they could not. He does not see anything changing as a ship cannot sail with it’s flags submerged.
I like how the (SZKG) was added to make it seem like it's a publicly traded company.

Also I hope this translates into actual momentum for Suzukigun in NJPW as opposed to "Uhh we're pushing Bullet Club right now and don't know what to do with you."

jred2k

I absolutely get why people frown upon Season Pass shit but I don't get why people frown upon pre-ordering games.

The amount of games that have been disappointing this gen is enough to make me not want to pre-order anything.

I usually pre-order all my games because Future Shop in Canada runs a promotion during E3 which basically amount to 33% off a pre-order. Of the 12 or so I pre-ordered, I've returned more this year than I've kept.

The Paul Blart one had to be satirizing the Star Wars one.

I'm nearing burnout on Helldivers, so I need to scale back a bit.

I still need to watch Friday's NJPW on AXS.

Aiii

So not worth it
RE: AzzBizz pics.

j3bKeyL.png

I did like seeing these threads back to back:

Alexandre Desplat To Score Star Wars: Rogue One

Rupert Gregson-Williams to score Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

Two more Raws left. How else will WWE/Vince fuck up the build as we near WrestleMania Press Play?

I think this takes the cake today though: HBO's Jinx ruined by news spoilers?

I mean, a thread about complaining about show spoilers for a documentary after a real life newsworthy thing happened.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think this takes the cake today though: HBO's Jinx ruined by news spoilers?

I mean, a thread about complaining about show spoilers for a documentary after a real life newsworthy thing happened.

That shit made me laugh. Spoiler avoidance culture is so stupid.

It's about the journey, you fucks. It's not like there was going to be a twist at the end.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just started watching this show last night and it's absolutely insane.

The real estate business has a lot more murders than you'd think - mix big money with type A personalities and power struggles and it happens a lot.

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty much Holland's entire top crime scene is real-estate.

I have The Jinx ready to watch, looks like a great series.

Messier75

Neo Member
That shit made me laugh. Spoiler avoidance culture is so stupid.

It's about the journey, you fucks. It's not like there was going to be a twist at the end.

Oh, the end was still unexpected. That is one deeply disturbed individual. Randy Orton's theme song fits Durst perfectly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I for one like surprises.

I think my biggest problem is so much media trying so hard to make the ULTIMATE reveal instead of relying on normal storytelling. There's a whole breed of TV desperate to make the most unexpected, amazing reveal.

I miss shows like Columbo, where you CLEARLY see who committed the crime and the entire show was watching how Columbo could piece together some shit and get them.

But I also liked Kojak, which had you solving the crime as it went, along with him - it wasn't meant to be a GOTCHA moment either. It was just solid TV.

Not a fan of games taking this approach as well, dying to reveal a twist instead of a solid story.

Since it has finally aired and I can go without spoiler warnings, here's my predictions for the Invasion Attack card.

So, based upon this, the card for Invasion Attack looks like....

Ibushi vs. AJ
Makabe vs. Ishii
Tanahashi vs. Yano
Fale vs. Okada
Dorada vs. Omega
Tenzan vs. Kojima
Tiger Mask vs. Liger

This leaves some definite holes in the card (Nakamura, Gun Gallows, the Murder Bros.) but definitely looks really strong overall. More than likely we'll get the BC vs. Goto and Shibata in a rematch, and probably Nakamura teaming with YOSHI-HASHI in a tag or six-man.

Mahonay

Banned
Lately I've been watching all of the WWF PPVs from the end of 98' to 2000 now.

On Summer Slam 2000 at the moment. And holy fuck man, they were able to make a fantastic build for fucking Tazz vs Jerry Lawler along with a finish that made total sense. Match was as short as it should have been with out being a squash. Jerry, JR, and Taz were all super into it and did a ridiculously good job at putting each over with out it looking forced or uneven.

The WWE of today can't manage to put together a build for their WrestleMania main event. And the current commentating team probably couldn't put over Stone Cold in his prime.

Next match on this Summer Slam card is Jericho vs Benoit. Fuck yessssss. Watching this stuff and NXT has been a billion times more satisfying than attempting to watch RAW anymore.

jred2k

Since it has finally aired and I can go without spoiler warnings, here's my predictions for the Invasion Attack card.

So, based upon this, the card for Invasion Attack looks like....

Ibushi vs. AJ
Makabe vs. Ishii
Tanahashi vs. Yano
Fale vs. Okada
Dorada vs. Omega
Tenzan vs. Kojima
Tiger Mask vs. Liger

This leaves some definite holes in the card (Nakamura, Gun Gallows, the Murder Bros.) but definitely looks really strong overall. More than likely we'll get the BC vs. Goto and Shibata in a rematch, and probably Nakamura teaming with YOSHI-HASHI in a tag or six-man.

You missed the official card already being posted. I do like that yours doesn't invlove The Kingdom, though.

Here's the card for the next New Japan show;

NJPW, "INVASION ATTACK", 2015/04/05
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

1. Yuji Nagata, Captain New Japan, KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Yohei Komatsu vs Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi & Sho Tanaka
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Cody Hall
3. IWGP Jr. Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) © vs RPG Vice (Rocky Romero & Barretta)
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega © vs Mascara Dorada
5. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) © vs The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven, w/ Maria)
6. Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba
8. Kazuchika Okada vs Bad Luck Fale
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles © vs Kota Ibushi

The jr's matches should be a lot of fun, especially Omega vs Dorada. Big push for Taven & Bennett, but I'm not expecting much from that match. Seeing Shibata face Sakuraba should be pretty interesting and the main event looks fantastic on paper, hope it can live up to the hype.

Top Bottom