• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011592 (some wrestling parody video by Max Landis... have no clue who that is)

Is this actually funny? I had to quit it after a few minutes, just wasn't keeping my interest.

Lemme tell you everything you need to know about Max Landis.
Look at this piece of fuckin shit.

jZnWIRL.jpg

Funny that stro was shitting on Jacobs in his ROH review the other week for being a failure. Perhaps we can get him to run down other dudes we'd like to see signed.

I imagine he had input. The good Jimmy Jacobs stuff was when Sapolsky was with Ring of Honor, and Sapolsky learned about everything he knows from Paul Heyman.

I'm guessing Jimmy had quite of lot to do with the Project 161 stuff that became Age of the Fall - somehow I can't see Gabe as the one pushing an ARG story.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Funny that stro was shitting on Jacobs in his ROH review the other week for being a failure. Perhaps we can get him to run down other dudes we'd like to see signed.

Won't be tough to motivate him

jred2k

How much of an impact could one out of twenty-six writers actually have? Especially when Vince would have to OK anything he comes up with.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011592 (some wrestling parody video by Max Landis... have no clue who that is)

Is this actually funny? I had to quit it after a few minutes, just wasn't keeping my interest.

Its terrible. I only made it through the whole thing to see what cameos popped up, but I was real close to tapping out when it got to McCauly and Seth Green.

A guy with that bad a lisp shouldn't be allowed to narrate a 25 minute video.

Kaladin

I'm guessing Jimmy had quite of lot to do with the Project 161 stuff that became Age of the Fall - somehow I can't see Gabe as the one pushing an ARG story.

That's what I was meaning, Heyman always listened to what his wrestlers had to say creative wise.....and I imagine Jacobs had a lot of input on his stuff, including Project 161.

I've always wanted to see Jimmy Rave make a return. Stro, go review one of his matches when he was the Crown Jewel of the Embassy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wanted to see Jimmy Rave make a return. Stro, go review one of his matches when he was the Crown Jewel of the Embassy.

Uh, I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

EDIT: Wait, I got him mixed up with Trent Acid. I'm afraid I have some good news! Jimmy Rave isn't dead!

Mr. Sam

Are there any decent podcasts out there of people talking wrestling? I'm super tired of the Jericho etc stuff and any fan made stuff is just 3 heavy breathing guys with bad Skype connections.

I need something to listen to while I grind out my Musou game :(

The Attitude Era podcast. Fanmade but it's three comedians in a room rather than three nerds on Skype.

somedevil

Sounds like such an unlikely rumor to be true when you consider that WWE only ever hires Hollywood writers. People really think they'd go on to hire an indie wrestler as a writer?

Sounds like he is writing for NXT and not Raw according to Pwtorch:

Long-time Ring of Honor star Jimmy Jacobs is heading to WWE NXT as a writer, PWTorch has learned.

So its going to be him, that guy who writes most of them and added stuff from Triple H and the veterans around there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, so now there's more than 1 NXT writer?

This is how it began, folks....

Into

The best thing about Mania weekend is that Meltzer will be on JR BAW GAWD podcast to run Mania down.

JR, ever the company man will try to defend the show, while it will take Meltzer a long time to say anything, him and Bruce Mitchell have a feud, as to which one of them will take longer to say anything.

Dave: "i uhh...i thought the show was...let me put it like this okay, it was a...show that in many ways...i felt... the thing about is that WWE has tried to...how do i say this, put on a shooooow, that....in every way sort of just feels, like the matches were sorta there..., they happened...and it will be interesting to see where they go on Raw tomorrow...overall yeah it was a wrestling show...you know what i mean?"

JR: Uh yeah.

I'm most hyped for the EVOLVE show because Tommy End. He's pretty damn great, friends.

kevin sullivan is still alive.

but nah, sign jimmy jacobs.

You can't keeping giving the jobs to the old guys forever. I'm just pleased to see someone who's actually got history in the business and a passion for wrestling being involved on a creative level, rather than some soap opera hack screenwriter.

kevin sullivan is still alive.

but nah, sign jimmy jacobs.

Jimmy Jacobs is current and knows the modern-day product. Sullivan wasn't a good booker EVER and is many years out of the business. Moreover, unlike someone like Dutch, who has not only booked placed relatively recently, but drawn money, Sullivan hasn't done much outside of the shoot scene in over a decade. The Kevin Sullivan that is relevant in 2015 works for Jeff Jarrett as a video producer.

I'm really disappointed that WWE Network doesn't have more old stuff available. It appears Orndorff has one hell of a program from 1985-1987 and yet most of it is missing, leaving just fleeting glimpses across the sporadic Saturday Night Main Events & Wrestlemanias.

At Wrestlemania he's in the Main Event teaming with Rowdy Piper against Hogan & Mr. T, he then goes on to turn on Piper and befriend Hogan after Orton Snr hits Orndorff with the cast. This starts a bit of a feud with Piper and Orton, with Orndorff looking out for Hogan... but then Orndorff turns on Hogan, which leads to a title shot and seems to end in a Steel Cage match. I'd really like to see how all of this is played out, as you don't really get to see much.

Kaladin

I'm really disappointed that WWE Network doesn't have more old stuff available. It appears Orndorff has one hell of a program from 1985-1987 and yet most of it is missing, leaving just fleeting glimpses across the sporadic Saturday Night Main Events & Wrestlemanias.

At Wrestlemania he's in the Main Event teaming with Rowdy Piper against Hogan & Mr. T, he then goes on to turn on Piper and befriend Hogan after Orton Snr hits Orndorff with the cast. This starts a bit of a feud with Piper and Orton, with Orndorff looking out for Hogan... but then Orndorff turns on Hogan, which leads to a title shot and seems to end in a Steel Cage match. I'd really like to see how all of this is played out, as you don't really get to see much.

That is my biggest disappointment in The Network too. I would love to watch old school shit all day, but I guess it takes a lot of time and people to digitize that stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jimmy Jacobs is current and knows the modern-day product. Sullivan wasn't a good booker EVER and is many years out of the business. Moreover, unlike someone like Dutch, who has not only booked placed relatively recently, but drawn money, Sullivan hasn't done much outside of the shoot scene in over a decade. The Kevin Sullivan that is relevant in 2015 works for Jeff Jarrett as a video producer.

He still has a strong mind for wrestling as shown in all his Guest Booker and general interviews with KC. The basics of how wrestlers get over with storylines hasn't changed as much as you might think. He would also have Dusty to work with and throw ideas back and forth and help him figure out the modern product.

Imagine if you said 'Well Dusty can't book NXT because he booked all those shitty angles in Asylum TNA and SEX'

DMczaf

I'm most hyped for the EVOLVE show because Tommy End. He's pretty damn great, friends.

You can't keeping giving the jobs to the old guys forever. I'm just pleased to see someone who's actually got history in the business and a passion for wrestling being involved on a creative level, rather than some soap opera hack screenwriter.

Trips just loves This Business too damn much.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;156182014 said:
this already exists friend arbuckle.

its
wrasslegaf chat 8)

Wrasslegaf chat
is the place to be, hands down

He still has a strong mind for wrestling as shown in all his Guest Booker and general interviews with KC. The basics of how wrestlers get over with storylines hasn't changed as much as you might think. He would also have Dusty to work with and throw ideas back and forth and help him figure out the modern product.

Imagine if you said 'Well Dusty can't book NXT because he booked all those shitty angles in Asylum TNA and SEX'

Dusty at least booked things within a couple of years of being hired by WWE - and brought in a solid concept that stood the test of time with Lockdown. Kevin Sullivan hasn't been doing anything but play fantasy booker, and that's completely different.

Nameless

Iowa crowd. No sting, taker, or Bork. Yeah this might be one of those unmute when Seth/Dolph/Bry are on episodes.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll get a good Raw.

Top Bottom