• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Last night was the first time WWE used Sting in a proper way, and he looked good, was fired up.

I think HHH and Sting will have a solid, solid 22 Min match.

I really look forward to face Rusev. He emotes so well that I think it'll be a lot of fun to see him loving mundane American shit and leading the crowd in USA chants.

Hex

Banned
I had this stupid vision in my head that this whole thing with Orton and the Authority was to get Orton close to Sting and that Orton would turn on Sting at Mania.

WWE makes fans take off costumes dressed as former wrestlers or else they lose their front row seats on RAW

CARSczyU0AAvKv5.jpg

Hey guys. I was Macho Man last night at Raw. Here is the email I sent to WWE.com in response to the actions taken by WWE last night.
As a life-long fan of your product, I was very excited to attend your show last night (Des Moines 3/16/2015). I had secured 10 tickets in the front row at $100 a ticket. By my math that is $1,000 that we paid the WWE to attend your event. The seats were in the front row. Being a huge fan, I made sure to invite 9 other rabid fans and we all made the decision to pay tribute to our favorite wrestlers and dress like them. Within 10 minutes of the show starting, we were told that our outfits were "too distracting" and to change clothes, or we would be moved. I assure you none of the members of our party were being in any way unruly or belligerent. You can watch the taping and see for yourself. We were merely watching the show. Now, I have heard rumblings in the past of people being booted from their seats for costumes, but I always sided with the WWE and assumed that those fans HAD to have done something else to lose their seats, and WWE wouldn't boot people for simply dressing up. Now I know that they indeed will do that, regardless of how respectful you are. This seems to contradict your "Be a Star" promotions (which ironically enough was running on the screen as we were being scolded by WWE producers) that seem to encourage fanaticism.
I guess at the end of the day, all I am looking for is an explanation as to why you would boot fans who spend the time, energy, and money on advocating your product. Seems like just the kind of people you would want in your corner.
For the record, I am still in your corner, however disappointed I may be.
Thanks for your time, Matt Sheridan
PS - Had we all been dressed as John Cena or Roman Reigns would the outcome have been different? Please advise so I can let the other 9 guys know for future shows.

... wwe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They'll confiscate people dressed up as other wrestlers, but they'll allow shitbags like Brock Lesnar guy and Red Hat Guy to try to get themselves over?

Sephzilla

It sucks for them, but they were directly in hard camera front and if they were in another area they would not have been asked to change.
I have seen people dressed at many Raws and PPVs.

just because they're on camera shouldn't matter, to be honest.

Heroman

Banned
It sucks for them, but they were directly in hard camera front and if they were in another area they would not have been asked to change.
I have seen people dressed at many Raws and PPVs.

(Not only that but they were given shirts which are not cheap at events)
They paid money for their seat, they should be able to wear whatever they want , as long as it is pg.

Alo0oy

Banned
Last night was the first time WWE used Sting in a proper way, and he looked good, was fired up.

I think HHH and Sting will have a solid, solid 22 Min match.

22 minute match? Sting will get gassed in 5 minutes, Triple H looked good last year but he's one year older this year. I don't think they can go more than 15 minutes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I get that you guys were just trying to have fun but watching on t.v. dressing up like that can be distracting. Especially if it starts to be a "thing".
Cena and Reigns aren't as flashy as the 80's guys you were dressing up as, so yeah I think they would have been ok with that.
I think WWE was right to ask you to remove the costumes.
Not sure if Reddit victim blaming or Sunny.

Just look how deflated they are after being forced to change. Front row looks depressed as hell on hard camera. Good work WWE. After all that crap they used to say in the 90s about not censoring the crowd here we are 2 decades later where signs are removed, and the crowd most conform to WWE standard. You must wear WWE approved Merchandise to have fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is a little distracting, but I don't think that is reason enough to ask them to change.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And if you're worried about people taking attention away from what's going on in the ring?

That doesn't say anything about the people in front row. That says shit about what's going on in the ring.

Sephzilla

Exactly. It's fun and harmless. You should want people like this on camera because god knows it's hard for hem to find people that might look excited during a show.

Bingo. God forbid they have some actually enthusiastic fans in the crowd.

Just look how deflated they are after being forced to change. Front row looks depressed as hell on hard camera. Good work WWE. After all that crap they used to say in the 90s about not censoring the crowd here we are 2 decades later where signs are removed, and the crowd most conform to WWE standard. You must wear WWE approved Merchandise to have fun.

I'd like to know if WWE pulled stuff like this back before WCW became a threat.

Kaladin

It's much less distracting than some random dude waving at someone he's on the phone with whenever he gets on camera.

Stop doing that! Most people watching look over at you, not just the guy you're trying to get to find you.

UberTag

They paid money for their seat, they should be able to wear whatever they want , as long as it is pg.
Total dick move by WWE. It's the worst possible time for something like this too.

I hope it's not just swept under the rug like many other similar circumstances.

Their costumes weren't offensive or distracting either.
Clearly the only sensible response will be for the entirety of the WrestleMania 31 ticket buying audience to show up wearing Daniel Bryan costumes and dare the WWE to kick them out.

We can call it the Million Mutton March.

Kaladin

Clearly the only sensible response will be for the entirety of the WrestleMania 31 ticket buying audience to show up wearing Daniel Bryan costumes and dare the WWE to kick them out.

Actually.

Instead of Bryan costumes, have them all dress as Rey Mysterio.....mask and all. Give them that most masked individuals in one place record they supposedly wanted one year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually.

Instead of Bryan costumes, have them all dress as Rey Mysterio.....mask and all. Give them that most masked individuals in one place record they supposedly wanted one year.

Can you guys think of any good chants to start during Wrestlemania? It only takes a few people to get one started.

Thorakai

I can see the Raw after Mania crowd pulling something like this off if the story gains enough traction.

Gonzalez

Banned
just because they're on camera shouldn't matter, to be honest.

Yes it does... The WWE is a multi-billion dollar business. Vince didn't build it with hardcore losers who want to play dress up using mommy's closet. He built his company off the backs of the goddamn mainstream audience. The last thing he needs is a bunch of jackasses dressed as fucking classic wrestlers(who've embarrassed the name McMahon with their out of ring behavior, and in some cases deaths.) to put themselves in front of McMahon's camera, when 90% of the people he's trying to sell a product to don't know who the fuck they are cos-playing as. Next time dress as a relevant modern star, or better yet don't show your fucking face in Vince's arena ever again..

Kaladin

Can you guys think of any good chants to start during Wrestlemania? It only takes a few people to get one started.

Actually, with Wrestlemania, it's hard to get some random ass chant started. You'll have one section of the arena chanting one thing, and another section going their own way.

Bryan's "YES!" chant and "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks" has been an anomaly.

Top Bottom