• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Kaladin

Was that time DX put Vince McMahon's face into Big Show's exposed ass on PPV a part of Ruthless Agression?

I....I don't even think I can show an image of that and not be banned.

UberTag

Was that time DX put Vince McMahon's face into Big Show's exposed ass on PPV a part of Ruthless Agression?

I....I don't even think I can show an image of that and not be banned.
I witnessed that heinous act live and in person.
Needed regular therapy for a solid year to clean that image from my mind.

I'm serious about attending the match in person.
You can see me dancing happily along to Shane-O-Mac's entrance theme as he enters the ring.
Sadly I was the only one.
I Miss Shane. His theme was cool.

fi9STit.gif

Kaladin

I'm serious about attending the match in person.
You can see me dancing happily along to Shane-O-Mac's entrance theme as he enters the ring.
Sadly I was the only one.

I would totally buy you needing therapy after witnessing that act live btw.

There are several other events in wrestling that I wouldn't be surprised if some fans needed therapy after.

Unforgiven 2006 was in the Ruthless Aggression era. The era didn't end until late 2008.

Why would the era end in 2008? There was no real difference in WWE from '08 until '09 beyond them using WWE UNIVERSE 8 billion times. The company approached everything the same in each time frame.

Kaladin

Remember WWECW's December to Dismember 2006? I attended that trainwreck live.

That garbage is an exercise in WWE not giving a fuck what fans want.

The main event was full of meddling, taking out Sabu and replacing him with Hardcore Holly, eliminating other fan favourites early on in the hopes they'd cheer for Vince's boy Lashley.
One of the worst WWE PPVs in general.

Kaladin

The main event was full of meddling, taking out Sabu and replacing him with Hardcore Holly, eliminating other fan favourites early on in the hopes they'd cheer for Vince's boy Lashley.
One of the worst WWE PPVs in general.

Exactly, and only one of the undercard matches were announced before the PPV....and it turned out to be the best match of the night.

RP912

Banned

man that ppv pretty much was a excuse to give Heyman the boot. So much bullshit behind that event to make Bobby Lashley look strong.

Why would the era end in 2008? There was no real difference in WWE from '08 until '09 beyond them using WWE UNIVERSE 8 billion times. The company approached everything the same in each time frame.

It was going through a transitional time leading into 2009. You could tell the difference after the HBK/Jericho ladder match.

man that ppv pretty much was a excuse to give Heyman the boot. So much bullshit behind that event to make Bobby Lashley look strong.

It was going through a transitional time leading into 2009. You could tell the difference after the HBK/Jericho ladder match.

The only real transition in '08 big picture-wise was going PG and nixing blood. '09's big story was Legacy, and that was more towards the latter half of the year.

Valentus

I'm offended by your grouping of Harper with Show and Kane. besides, that implies that he's not doing all the jobbing at the moment

Im really not amazed at all with harper and rowan doing solo. WWE rushed things a little much. They were very good as tag in the wyatt family, and the Intercontinental run of harper was very bad.

Its a shame because i liked them when they were bray's henchmen.

Mets is back, and he has WM spoilers for us.

After talking to a few people today at the SmackDown tapings word going around is that Brock Lesnar is very close to agreeing on a new contract with the WWE. With the lack of popularity that Roman Reigns has received as of late, Triple H is pushing Vince on the idea of keeping the WWE Championship on Brock.

This would also have huge ramifications with two of the under card matches on the show.
If Brock retains the title it would in all likelihood mean a continued "special attraction schedule" for him. Triple H as of late has been big on the idea that the I.C. Title and the U.S. Title should mean something again. The plan, if Brock retains is to put the U.S. Title on John Cena and the I.C. Title on Daniel Bryan. The theory would be that two legit Superstars would bring legitimacy to both titles. Also, while Brock is gone both men can main event Raw, Smackdown, PPVs and house shows with those titles on top of the card. Which again, would bring back the legitimacy of both belts.

A lot can change between now and WrestleMania. But this is just one of the many ideas that are being discussed. I have not been told of any other ideas, but if I hear more, I will be sure to pass the information along to this great community.

Anth0ny

ruthless aggression era was waaaaaaaaay more fucked up than attitude era

it was vince's answer to ratings going down... we gotta get more EDGY damn it! turn the controversial shit we tried to pull in the attitude era up to 11.

except no one cared and no one remembers because everyone stopped watching

as for the wrestlemania build, well.... I've listened to review a raw every single tuesday for as long as I can remember. I legit woke up today, and just minutes ago realized I hadn't listened to that podcast today. I fucking forgot raw happened yesterday, and forgot a new review a raw was out. ZERO desire to listen to someone's thoughts on yesterday's show and close to zero interest in wrestlemania this year. worst build towards a mania since I started watching again in early 2011 when Rock came back, easily.

I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did;

Ric Flair (c) vs Rick Martel - NWA & AWA Title Unification Match - (AJPW 1985/10/21)

Yeah, the stipulation (and the fact that it's mid-80's All Japan) guarantees there won't be a proper finish, plus the opening 15 minutes are as formulaic a Ric Flair match as you're likely to see, but they really kick it into gear for the finishing stretch. Martel is a guy who doesn't do anything fancy, but all the straightforward stuff he does do, he does really, really well. Flair's Flair, but he was really on point on this night. Great stuff.

Big One

Banned
Would not surprise me if WWE kept the belt on Brock at all with the reception Reigns is getting. It's kind of comical how this guy comes into audiences with complete silence.

Im really not amazed at all with harper and rowan doing solo. WWE rushed things a little much. They were very good as tag in the wyatt family, and the Intercontinental run of harper was very bad.

Its a shame because i liked them when they were bray's henchmen.
I agree completely
Mets is back, and he has WM spoilers for us.
wow Mets really bringing the #facts you can't find anywhere else

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only problem with keeping the belt on Brock is that they literally only have one heel right now worth fighting with if he went face and only one face (D-Bry) worth fighting him, though that might not be a problem if he doesn't have an opponent until Summerslam.

Top Bottom