• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

klonere

Banned
I'm trying really hard to keep my expectations of the main event ending up with Reigns beating Lesnar and then Rollins (either at WM or the night after) clean.

So if anything else happens I'll be marginally happy but if it goes all Roman Empire ascendant I can't be that mad. Vince wins either way!!

k1BGd2v.gif

Nekofrog

Banned
WCW had awful main events most of the time on television, especially during the entire Monday Night War.

The Guide to Enjoying the Monday Night Wars:
Watch the first hour of Nitro, watch the second hour of RAW (WarZone?)

WCW for the under/mid card, RAW for the main event.

FDC1

I played 2 matches of 5 Star Wrestling. You can see it has good intentions but it's way too rough and unfinished to recomment it at this price.

Anth0ny

there's no way roman isn't going over

fast lane proved they don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck about crowd reaction. vince gets a hard on over this guy. that's all that matters.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Considering WWE Network

Does it have WWE videos for past rivalries? Similar to the WWE Career Mode videos in WWE 2K15 etc? Would love to watch stuff like that, recaps etc and documentaries more than full raw shows from the 90s

there's no way roman isn't going over

fast lane proved they don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck about crowd reaction. vince gets a hard on over this guy. that's all that matters.

Reigns is definitely getting the belt at WM but it may only be a one day reign (puns!). After that Rollins can cash in and may never give it back. The lasts few weeks RAW has focused on Orton / Rollins much more than the title match. I think that may be a sign that they're moving on from him as the guy long term.

klonere

Banned
Rollins has done nothing to convince me that he's ready to be champ

Then again, I haven't watched any WWE aside from youtube segments in months

As a Rollins fan

1) He's been reasonably well presented and protected (up until the last two weeks FUCKING VINCEEEE)

2) He's got an actual character and a good look

3) Good on the mic, has proper heat

4) Can wrestle great matches (3 way at Rumble)

5) Has a bunch of ready made feuds with a ton of people when he gets the title

6) Can go babyface with his moveset

Ofc all this with the caveat that WWE will fuck it all up if they do put the title on him for any length of time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Didn't they bring back Stephanie and Triple H early solely because he's not good on the mic?

Is this Wrassle-GAF revisionist history? If you believe the dirt sheetz, they brought back Steph and HHH because they believe the Authority equals ratings.

Kaladin

As a Rollins fan

1) He's been reasonably well presented and protected (up until the last two weeks FUCKING VINCEEEE)

2) He's got an actual character and a good look

3) Good on the mic, has proper heat

4) Can wrestle great matches (3 way at Rumble)

5) Has a bunch of ready made feuds with a ton of people when he gets the title

6) Can go babyface with his moveset

Ofc all this with the caveat that WWE will fuck it all up if they do put the title on him for any length of time.

Think about it this way, Seth Rollins is Randy Orton from 2003.

seth's been coming off TOO dumb the past 2 or 3 weeks or so yeah but right before that was the jon stewart stuff which was good.

seth's a very good all rounder. he's one of the most ready guys to be champ they have, and certainly far more ready than reigns in every single aspect a WWE guy can be.

there aren't any other new title contenders around right now. cena and orton could go for it at any old time. bryan is back in the midcard probably for a while, and bray just flat out sucks so maybe they're going that way but bleh.

Xater

Not watching WWE has been extremely liberating. I don't even think I'll watch Wrestlemania. There is nothing there that interests me.

Those Mets spoilers seem pretty logical, it's easy to tell that's the direction they're going in since Cena is 100% going over for the US title. Not that it will work to make the belt mean anything.

Verendus

Banned
Not watching WWE has been extremely liberating. I don't even think I'll watch Wrestlemania. There is nothing there that interests me.
I'm sorry, but this almost sounds as if you're refusing to support the dawn of a new age thanks to Godzilla's chosen one, Roman Reigns. Now, far be it for me to be this presumptuous, but I'm going to guess this isn't true.

Because I know you wouldn't want to hurt my feelings.

scabro

He isn't shooting for goodness sake. WWE didn't even want FANS DRESSED AS THEIR OWN WRESTLERS on the show. They're doing it as a rib on Heyman and it's getting great reactions and making his promos more compelling, so they're keeping it going.

How do we know that for sure, though? I mean, its not like Paul Heyman shooting is without precedent.

Its fully understandable for Vince to be on edge when giving Heyman a live microphone. All im saying is its a possibility, i dont know. Maybe he is shooting or maybe he isn't, its just a possibility to consider.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RAW was extremely entertaining this week. I think some of you are too jaded. Even worse is some of the people who do watch it and do nothing but complain. You didn't like anything over those three hours...but watch it all every week?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Considering WWE Network

Does it have WWE videos for past rivalries? Similar to the WWE Career Mode videos in WWE 2K15 etc? Would love to watch stuff like that, recaps etc and documentaries more than full raw shows from the 90s

Anyone? :}

Top Bottom