• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

KissVibes

Banned
Roman Reigns interview with Rolling Stone

You shot back at the crowd last night. Is that something you're comfortable doing or have you been instructed to do that?

That's just an instinct thing. That's not something you learn in a warehouse or people can tell you. If you're a Daniel Bryan fan, I'm all for that. The more people Daniel Bryan will bring into arenas, the better. The more people I bring in, the better. But when I'm talkin', shut the hell up and let me talk.

SPEAK BETTER THEN, JACKASS.

RP912

Banned

You shot back at the crowd last night. Is that something you're comfortable doing or have you been instructed to do that?

That's just an instinct thing. That's not something you learn in a warehouse or people can tell you. If you're a Daniel Bryan fan, I'm all for that. The more people Daniel Bryan will bring into arenas, the better. The more people I bring in, the better. But when I'm talkin', shut the hell up and let me talk.

why we can't have this Roman Reigns :(

He cuts better promos outside of wrestling than in the fucking ring....

asshole Reigns>>>>>"me against the world" Reigns

Paracelsus

Remember that there was a guy who used a weak ass Thpear, that came back as a 'me against the world' babyface, got booed out of every building, turned asshole heel and became 37 times world champion?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I've completely tuned out lately, from that interview bit I assume peeps were chanting Daniel Bryan during a Reigns promo? Was this recently? It really is 2013 all over again isn't it, only this time Vince won't cave

hamchan

Seems like his natural instinct is to be a heel.

Tell me again why Vince is pushing Roman Reigns to the top?

Also, please convince me that if...WHEN I spend $9.99 on Wrestlemania Santa Clara, I won't see Cena win a belt.

when's Vince gonna sign Othello (left)? He's 7 ft tall!

Othello_%26_Stu_Stone_%26_James_Morgan_-_1395817.jpg

When Rome comes out they need a

"Learn more mic skills"
Or
"Shoot Better Promos" chant.

Or Something like that

YOU CAN'T TALK! YOU CAN'T TALK!

Short, sweet, easily chantable, and goes along great with the "You Can't Wrestle" chants.

He's beefy and looks good on a poster.

Also, please convince me that if...WHEN I spend $9.99 on Wrestlemania Santa Clara, I won't see Cena win a belt.

I'm sorry, it's happening.

He's beefy and looks good on a poster.

You can make a lot of people look good on a poster. Reigns is good looking, I hear, but he's got a weird face and makes a lot of dumb/crazy looking expressions. Some of it is probably the contacts, they need to go. Also I'm not trying to shame him for not meeting my ridiculous ideal of what a person should look like or anything, I just mean, if that's the ONLY reason (and it really seems like it has to be), I don't see how he even really fits that much more than a bunch of other guys. It's all just weird.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Whoa. Just found out one of my friends works for WWE, watching Network content before it goes up (I'm sure there's more to it than that, obviously, I just haven't pressed him for details yet). Interesting.

kiguel182

Rollins has done nothing to convince me that he's ready to be champ

Then again, I haven't watched any WWE aside from youtube segments in months

Well, he has carried Raw for a while since Reigns barely shows up and Bryan is treated like crap. If there is one guy that is ready to be champ is Rollins.

Alucard

Banned
So, Jimmy Jacobs has apparently signed a deal with the WWE...as part of the creative team. Expected to start in April.

Heard it on the allwrestling.com weekly podcast.

Kaiterra

Banned
A friend of mine described that Wrestling Isn't Wrestling video as "Drunk History for pro wrestling" and now I wish that was a real series.

For once I actually think Cena winning a title is part of the best case scenario. If Brock retains and then Cena and Bryan win and hold down the fort during WWE Championship-less PPVs with quality main events that elevate the secondary titles? That would be great.

Alucard

Banned
He'll be on the NXT creative team apparently. So they definitely have an image/style they're moving towards for that.

Good for him. Guy's been doing this forever. Always nice to see a journeyman get rewarded with a job that doesn't have them wrecking their bodies into their 40s and 50s.

Bruce Tharpe's on twitter talking about his NWA Classics project, which sounds a lot like NJPW World - he says they've got 14 years worth of footage from the 70's & 80's, primarily from Paul Boesch's Houston promotion, which used the best talent from Fritz Von Erich's Dallas booking office mixed with some of the top worldwide wrestling stars of the day. He says they've got entire cards, not just individual matches, and they even have the Harley Race vs Andre match from '75 where Harley slammed Andre!

Perhaps if this is a success it'll show Vince that people DO want to see the classic footage. It's not enough to chuck up a few random matches, a few episodes out of order and provided with zero context and then say "well, I guess folks don't want the old stuff". That's doing such a disservice to the wealth of content the WWE have gobbled up.

I mean yeah. I doubt any of the wrestlers, especially when they're told to be babyface, like it when fans chant other unrelated wrestlers names during their promos.

Alucard

Banned
Bruce Tharpe's on twitter talking about his NWA Classics project, which sounds a lot like NJPW World - he says they've got 14 years worth of footage from the 70's & 80's, primarily from Paul Boesch's Houston promotion, which used the best talent from Fritz Von Erich's Dallas booking office mixed with some of the top worldwide wrestling stars of the day. He says they've got entire cards, not just individual matches, and they even have the Harley Race vs Andre match from '75 where Harley slammed Andre!

Perhaps if this is a success it'll show Vince that people DO want to see the classic footage. It's not enough to chuck up a few random matches, a few episodes out of order and provided with zero context and then say "well, I guess folks don't want the old stuff". That's doing such a disservice to the wealth of content the WWE have gobbled up.

Is the WWE Network's VOD library not easily searchable or browsable chronologically? Even the ROH VOD is conveniently sorted by years down the left side of the screen, with quick dropdowns that list their events in order.

Is the WWE Network's VOD library not easily searchable or browsable chronologically? Even the ROH VOD is conveniently sorted by years down the left side of the screen, with quick dropdowns that list their events in order.

You can view them chronologically, but by "out of order" I meant they upload episodes seemingly at random - there's a run of 9 WCCW episodes that are all in order, but after that it jumps forward and skips well over a hundred episodes! They put up an episode or two of Mid-Atlantic and an episode of Mid-South, but only for Black History month and now I can't find them on there.

Currently, WWE's "library" of territory footage they've actually made available consists of 21 WCCW episodes from 82-85.

In comparison, this is what WWE owns the rights to;

. AWA
. Georgia Championship Wrestling
. Eastern States
. Mid-Atlantic
. Central States
. Championship Wrestling from Florida
. Mid-South
. WCCW
. Stampede
. Maple Leaf Wrestling
. Smoky Mountain

There's an obscene amount of footage in those libraries and, while it isn't all in the best quality, I can assure you that there's hundreds of Mid-Atlantic, AWA, Florida, Mid-South & WCCW episodes that should need little to no work done before they're network ready.

Alucard

Banned
You can view them chronologically, but by "out of order" I meant they upload episodes seemingly at random - there's a run of 9 WCCW episodes that are all in order, but after that it jumps forward and skips well over a hundred episodes! They put up an episode or two of Mid-Atlantic and an episode of Mid-South, but only for Black History month and now I can't find them on there.

Currently, WWE's "library" of territory footage they've actually made available consists of 21 WCCW episodes from 82-85.

In comparison, this is what WWE owns the rights to;

. AWA
. Georgia Championship Wrestling
. Eastern States
. Mid-Atlantic
. Central States
. Championship Wrestling from Florida
. Mid-South
. WCCW
. Stampede
. Maple Leaf Wrestling
. Smoky Mountain

There's an obscene amount of footage in those libraries and, while it isn't all in the best quality, I can assure you that there's hundreds of Mid-Atlantic, AWA, Florida, Mid-South & WCCW episodes that should need little to no work done before they're network ready.

They've probably been taxed with so much other work in terms of the Network, that this has taken a backseat. As someone who works in admin and delegates tasks, it can take a longass time to get stuff done, especially with projects being thrown on top of projects.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Restoring and subtitling footage can take dog years as well.

Watched Survivor Series 1994 last night. That ppv is incredible. Chuck Norris, the towel match, every match is entertaining at the least. Yoko and Taker is surprisingly fun.

Macho left for WCW on the RAW a bit before SS so now we're back to revolving commentary teams. The RAW before had King or Cornette, the PPV had Gorilla (surprisingly decent at color commentary with Vince) and now we have...HBK?!? Also the first introduction of the yet unnamed Roadie!

British Bulldog is only good for about ten moves, but they all look amazing. Especially any time the man runs.

Jamie OD

They've probably been taxed with so much other work in terms of the Network, that this has taken a backseat. As someone who works in admin and delegates tasks, it can take a longass time to get stuff done, especially with projects being thrown on top of projects.

A load of projects got shelved early on when the subscription numbers weren't great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sounds great. Wish it would get folded into another streaming service.

Top Bottom