• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

WaryDetailedFattaileddunnart.gif

Sounds great. Wish it would get folded into another streaming service.

Yeah, there's getting to be a lot of streaming services competing with each other - Bruce did say that this NWA thing would be cheaper than the Network or NJPW World, so he's obviously aware that the market's already becoming saturated.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, there's getting to be a lot of streaming services competing with each other - Bruce did say that this NWA thing would be cheaper than the Network or NJPW World, so he's obviously aware that the market's already becoming saturated.

I can't even keep my NJPW World sub fresh. And I fucking signed up for Sling TV.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up the main event of WM29 and it was a bit dull but goddamn at this Raw the next night. One of the best Raws I've ever seen!

I was in like the 5th or 6th row behind commentary at that Raw. It was fucking awesome. Even the experience of trying to get home from the show was awesome.

hamchan

I cancelled my WWE Network sub which ends after Wrestlemania and signed up to NJPW World again. It seemed the right thing to do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Revelations 2 ended pretty great. Great game. Worth buyin'.

kiguel182

It's really sad Angle wasn't healthy enough to come back and have a match with Bryan at Mania. Would've probably saved the whole thing. Now it will never happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I loved R1, especially Raid Mode. I hear R2 is even sillier with an even better Raid Mode.

It's definitely content-rich. Hoping for more characters to show up as DLC though. There's a LOT, don't get me wrong, but I miss a lot of great characters.

Virtually every RE6 stage is in there as well which is super fucking dope. I don't mind recycling old maps when it's in a mode like Raid Mode. I'm all about variety.

"The Self Destruction of Kurt Angle" will probably be the only time we'll see Angle in WWE Content again. Sadly. He should have been one of the best, and if you block out his TNA stuff he still is.

bjork

Not watching WWE has been extremely liberating. I don't even think I'll watch Wrestlemania. There is nothing there that interests me.

I absolutely guarantee you that I won't be. I don't have the network and the only friend I know locally who watches wrestling and has the network, will actually be at wrestlemania. So it's a "read the report when I get off work Monday morning" thing for me.

The Ultimate Warrior is dead.

:(

Watched Survivor Series 1994 last night. That ppv is incredible. Chuck Norris, the towel match, every match is entertaining at the least. Yoko and Taker is surprisingly fun..

That towel match... I remember having the squiggles turned on so I could at least hear the show, and when they were saying Owen was pleading with Helen and Stu to help his brother, I was losing my shit because I didn't want Owen to be a face. 1000% losing my shit. Then he didn't, and for the rest of her life, my mom teased me about that one time I fell for a wrestling storyline.

Harley Race vs Andre match from '75 where Harley slammed Andre!

See now, this is the kind of thing I'd want to pay for. I bet that's bad ass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;156424933 said:
what is raid mode. I never understood the concept from what I've read. it sounds like some sort of loot based RE mercenaries?

That's exactly it. Plus your level your character and spec a skill tree as well. There's over a hundred stages as well...

It's disappointing to hear that NJPW World has not taken off as NJPW had wanted it to. I can't see NWA doing much better.

Eric Angle's retired, right?

The sad part is that we probably won't get an Angle DVD set until long after he's dead. Vince doesn't want him back because he might die on the WWE's watch.

EDIT: Reigns, you don't talk so good. Maybe if you were a better speaker, you wouldn't have the crowd chant other wrestlers' names while you give poorly performed, blandly written promos.

Kaladin

Real Talk:

So I've been looking into getting a tablet very soon, but this came up recently. The Acer Chromebook 15:

Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor 3205U (1.5 GHZ)
4 GB DDR3L SDRAM
32 GB Solid-State Drive
15.6-Inch Full HD IPS Screen, Intel HD Graphics
Chrome, Up to 9-hour battery life

That's right, a 15.6" IPS display with full 1080p on a Chromebook with a decent dual core processor and decent specs.

I'm tempted, but I don't know if I want the full experience of a laptop or the portability of a tablet.

It's between this and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S.

when's Vince gonna sign Othello (left)? He's 7 ft tall!

Othello needs to stop skipping leg day, because damn those are some tiny sticks for that big body to walk around on. I think that dude needs a lot more in ring work before WWE would give him a sniff. Just awful. Stu Stone on the other hand is an awesome indy manager and heel commentator.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's disappointing to hear that NJPW World has not taken off as NJPW had wanted it to. I can't see NWA doing much better.

Eric Angle's retired, right?

The sad part is that we probably won't get an Angle DVD set until long after he's dead. Vince doesn't want him back because he might die on the WWE's watch.

EDIT: Reigns, you don't talk so good. Maybe if you were a better speaker, you wouldn't have the crowd chant other wrestlers' names while you give poorly performed, blandly written promos.

Where did you see NJPW World didn't take off like they hoped? Fuck, I hope that ain't true.

Aiii

So not worth it
Real Talk:

So I've been looking into getting a tablet very soon, but this came up recently. The Acer Chromebook 15:

That's right, a 15.6" IPS display with full 1080p on a Chromebook with a decent dual core processor and decent specs.

I'm tempted, but I don't know if I want the full experience of a laptop or the portability of a tablet.

It's between this and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S.

While I would advice you to go for a tablet instead of a Chromebook, I'd definitely wouldn't put a Samsung Tab over anything. I'd advise you to get a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact or Z4 instead.

RP912

Banned
Bruce Tharpe's on twitter talking about his NWA Classics project, which sounds a lot like NJPW World - he says they've got 14 years worth of footage from the 70's & 80's, primarily from Paul Boesch's Houston promotion, which used the best talent from Fritz Von Erich's Dallas booking office mixed with some of the top worldwide wrestling stars of the day. He says they've got entire cards, not just individual matches, and they even have the Harley Race vs Andre match from '75 where Harley slammed Andre!

Perhaps if this is a success it'll show Vince that people DO want to see the classic footage. It's not enough to chuck up a few random matches, a few episodes out of order and provided with zero context and then say "well, I guess folks don't want the old stuff". That's doing such a disservice to the wealth of content the WWE have gobbled up.

Based Bruce is based. Hopefully this will succeed.

Kaladin

While I would advice you to go for a tablet instead of a Chromebook, I'd definitely wouldn't put a Samsung Tab over anything. I'd advise you to get a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact or Z4 instead.

I'd enjoy the Z4, but it doesn't launch till May....at least from what I've read.

I'm leaning to the Galaxy Tab S because it's got good reviews and I've enjoyed Samsung's Android on the Galaxy S5.

My other option would be the new Dell, but I've heard about issues with it being an Intel based tablet and Android apps not being optimized for Intel.

Aiii

So not worth it
I haven't seen anything to suggest that - their target for the first 6 months was 10k subscribers and they hit that right after Wrestle Kingdom.

Meltzer reported they were well above their expectations even after the first month and they had that free month recently too. The goal was 30k after the first year.

The only negative thing I read about NJPW World recently was that PPV's were no longer on live broadcast.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Based Bruce is based. Hopefully this will succeed.

Honestly I don't think it will unless it's rolled into one service. I think there's value in having it "cross" so to speak. Itching for NJPW World to have NWA and NOAH all in one spot...

bjork

Othello needs to stop skipping leg day, because damn those are some tiny sticks for that big body to walk around on. I think that dude needs a lot more in ring work before WWE would give him a sniff. Just awful. Stu Stone on the other hand is an awesome indy manager and heel commentator.

Has there ever been a tall guy with really built legs, though? Seems like if a guy that tall has big legs, it's genetics helping things along.

Has there ever been a tall guy with really built legs, though? Seems like if a guy that tall has big legs, it's genetics helping things along.

True enough, but he has some of the skinnier legs I've seen on a big man. I just think if I was 7 foot I'd wanna build those bad boys up so I don't tear a quad getting in the ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzer stated that NJPW isn't prioritizing in adding subtitles, much less English commentary, because NJPW World hasn't taken off outside of Japan as much as they had hoped.

That's fine for me. I don't need any of that. It's one of those "can't get a job because you don't have experience, can't get experience because you can't get a job" things. I honestly think putting that kind of time and effort in would be wasted, money-wise.

English commentary was a pipe dream, as much popularity NJPW has gained outside of Japan, it's domestic audience still dwarfs the international fanbase.

The only negative thing I read about NJPW World recently was that PPV's were no longer on live broadcast.

Yeah, one of the PPVs per month will air on tape delay, which is how it was in the first month of the service when we got the tag league shows live, but the final was on tape delay - Wrestle Kingdom was an exception, because it's such a huge show. I think they'll probably make an exception for Invasion Attack & King of Pro-Wrestling as well.

jmdajr

I wonder how HHH felt when he got that gift basket. Must have been pretty emotional.

"I did it. I finally did it.

...they love me."

Top Bottom